Stalking Susan by Julie Kramer

I am not very good at writing reviews but seem to be back on the reading bandwagon. This one I found for 25 cents at a thrift store recently. It is a murder mystery, but whats interesting is the lead character is not a detective or officer but a tv reporter. She is Riley, quirky but with her own demons to face such as the recent death of her police officer husband. She begins to write a report on suspiciously similar deaths of women named Susan that occur over a span of many years, many cold cases. Eventually the real killer goes after her since she begins to unearth some discoveries regarding the murder. Maybe not the best plot ever but a quick read and entertaining. I like that the lead character is not yet another detective but a reporter. ALSO I enjoyed the fact that the story was all set in my hometown, Minneapolis. The author must legitly be from here since there were a lot of local references I understood. Have you ever read a book set in your city? Read anything good lately?
Sounds like a interesting book and, no but in my state yes.
Aha. I like those!
Thanks for the great book review. I will have to see if I can find that book somewhere. The library here shut down.
Oh no! Permanently?!
Wow that's some detective work on that novel, you think she beats Sherlock homes? I hope some one was making a novel in our place here. That would be something.
@eileenleyva (10964)
A book is only good when one reads its. When someone appreciates it and make reviews, or analysis, that means the plot has bearing., If the reviews are passed on, and the book becomes a byword, then it is great. No mystery story set in my city yet. Reading is a great activity, huh.
@cahaya1983 (10043)
The book sounds interesting. I've never read any book set in my city, but thaty because I mostly read books written by foreign authors. Right now I'm reading The Streets by Anthony Quinn, it's a historical fiction and thriller.
@UmiNoor (3526)
This book sounds interesting. I love mysteries and thrillers. I haven't had the opportunity to read any good book lately.
Did you read about the author to find out where they are from or did it not say. I think I have read some about Jerusalem. I was born in Minneapolis too but now live in Jerusalem.
@Shellyann36 (10863)
Sounds like an interesting read and a great deal for 25 cents! I have read a mystery novel that was based on a little town nearby called Buies Creek and Campbell University. For the life of me, I cannot remember the author. I will try to look it up later. I would not mind rereading the story and seeing if the same author has more.
@FayeHazel (18491)
I think you did a fine job reviewing it. Thanks - it does sound interesting
You seem like a pretty fast reader. I usually read about 30 minutes before bed. I have read about half the amount of books this year compared to other years.
Sounds like a fast one to read. Didn't you research who was the author?
@peachpurple (12865)
now that is a very cheap book you had ! The cheapest here is $1.20