It's raining, it's pouring... (Do you know what comes next?)

Pleasant Hill, California
It's pouring here in the San Francisco Bay Area. My snow peas, both at the preschool and on my balcony, will be happy. I also planted a couple of snow pea seeds at Kaiser (didn't get arrested) last week. How's the weather where you are? Can you feel Winter in the air? Is it OK with you if I promote one of my songs? The weather is making it play in my head this morning, even though I haven't listened to it. Let me know what you think. Don't worry, MyLot, it's not "monetized."
"Last Train from Poor Valley" by Norman Blake Colin H. Sacks - Vocal, guitars, bass Recorded by - Michael Stenberg Courtesy: The Diablo Rhythm Wranglers
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'll have to listen to it.
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
Listen to it, I like the song, it has some good artistic motives, it brings the feelings :-)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Here's some other friends doing "rock."
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose crzyfingers11 Loading... Unsubscribe from
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
@TheHorse This song is also nice, I like the rithm, I don't really understand what the song is about. The Last Train from Poor Valley was more understandable, it described the situation. Franklin's tower talks about 4 winds, the winds meet at Franklin's tower, what does it mean to roll away the dew ? O.o ...I'm sure that is a metaphore that I didn't think about. Thank you for posting the song link. @thislittlepennyearns have you listened to the songs yet ?
The old man is snoring. You will have a bumper crop of snow peas!!! Thank you for sharing your song with us!!! My brother would love to jam with you!! Even at age 68, he still rocks that guitar, banjo too. He and his wife traveled all over the country in the 70s. They had a great time for many years.
• Pleasant Hill, California
If (non-electric) instruments are involved, I'm there.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Corbin5 I enjoy playing acoustic music with friends.
@TheSojourner (17448)
I I listen to that a couple of times in the past. Very sad song. Such is life.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yeah, its a sad one. I think it's the first one we actually recorded, even though it wasn't the most familiar to me.
@TheHorse I just listened to it. Is this the band that you're with or one of the Bands.? I'm a little confused
@vandana7 (63838)
Well, I have to concede, you sang that song beautifully. But do remember, that compliment is paid grudgingly because it is a sad song. Evil Grin
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
The song is sad in a way that brings me to miss my childhood, when I had no worries to think about, studing was easy, me and my friends played alot... now this is all different. I live with my dad, my parents are divorced, the family is about to break up even more. Studing is not so easy... Does the song bring you to miss an era of your life ?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Our next song is a happy one! At least I think it is. Thanks to you and DJ for putting these videos together for me.
@vandana7 (63838)
@TheHorse ..Now I am going to break our friendship Pony ji. I told you there should be no "thanks". Ninja..angry..lol
It is in the 50s here. Eh.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'd say it's about 58 F right now as evening settles in. The rain has stopped. I should go check on my snow peas.
@TheHorse That's cold for Cali
• Pleasant Hill, California
@NJChicaa No, not in Northern California in November. We'll hit freezing several times over the Winter at night.
@FourWalls (13354)
The middle-aged man is snoring. You had me at “Norman Blake.”
• Pleasant Hill, California
Had you? I've never "had you"! At least not that I know of. Do explain.
@FourWalls (13354)
@TheHorse -- not to mention not liking an actor's latest movie.....
@Shellyann36 (9214)
It is cold here and we will have our first frost soon. I am not looking forward to it. Going to check out the song now.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Leave a comment if you can (as long as it's positive). I think we're a week or two away from our first frost.
@TheHorse I did not leave one but I will go back, listen again and leave one.
• Pleasant Hill, California
@Shellyann36 Gracias!
Yay!!!! Bravo, I loved the song! Very nice voice! Is that you singing it? It snowed here for some time yesterday, but we had pouring rain all day Saturday. Suppose to get up to 52 on Tuesday! A mild day the weather forecaster said! Hope the rain helped your snowpeas!~
• Pleasant Hill, California
My snow peas are looking happy. I bought some dowel rods for the ones at the preschool to hang on.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Oh, thanks! Yes, that's me singing. Have you seen our Pancho and Lefty? It's kind of sad too.
@TheHorse I don't think i have seen that one. I don't really spend a lot of time on YouTube, but will look for it for sure! My kitty onyx became a big fan of yours when i played your song for us so will have to look to see for us!
It is sunny here, but we feel the cold of winter in the air, it is 34 F in the morning.
• Pleasant Hill, California
It'll be like that here in a couple of weeks.
@TheHorse It's cold in the morning but in the 50's by noon.
@Fleura (7200)
It's been a really lovely day here today, but now it's turned drizzly. Will go and listen to your song.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I hope you like it.
@Fleura (7200)
@TheHorse Very nice thanks, although a bit short!
Is there a real brown haired Becky in your life? I love the song, the voice, the guitar -- everything.
• Pleasant Hill, California
No, though I did have a girlfriend named Becky once!
@tzwrites (4857)
I would gladly take rain over freezing temperatures.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I just like seasons!
63° tomorrow, 48° on Saturday here. Nice job on the song!
• Pleasant Hill, California
Glad you enjoyed it.
• Riga, Latvia
I enjoyed the song. Thanks for sharing. Its raining its pouring the old man is snoring. Except that here it was sunny and there was no one except my cat snoring. Hope the sun comes out soon.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Eh, I'm enjoying the rain.
@stringer321 (2851)
• Kiryat Ata, Israel
In my area, there is no rain and the air doesn't even have a smell of rain. Snow will probably not fall down here this year. I like the song, it sounds like the man who sings was one of the miners, he sings about how it was good when there was work, and now, there is nothing left to do in the town anymore, the last train comes out of the poor town. Feels like being empty and cold from the inside like in the outside.
@kobesbuddy (44042)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Yes, winter has set in here, but today it's almost 60 degrees! Glad your snow peas are thriving well. Thanks, for another great, but sad, song!:)