Its One Of "Those" Days Today

I have epicondylitis in my right arm and hand. Its an injury caused by repetitive work-using a mouse in my case. The majority of my time spent working on a computer was not necessarily at an ergonomically designed station. Computer were brought into the workplace and little was known about the correct posture and the results of repetitive injuries for not practising these postures or having the right support for the worker. So, as a result when there is a big wet front coming thru, my hand goes partially numb, it is painful as well. Today is a double brace day. So, its quite bad-I have a sleeve type of band on my elbow and then this adjustable brace supporting my wrist and hand. Its just one of those days today, and hopefully the dampness will pass and I'll be able to shed my coverings. They are really cumbersome when you are trying to keyboard. What aches you? ~Photo is of my hand in the brace
You certainly are a trooper to be able to work when you're in pain. Dampness flairs up my knees and I'm barely able to walk some days. Who knew that all those years of working on a computer would cause so many injuries
Its just on "some days" right, and I'm not ready to pack it in. I think that staying busy really is what keeps me going personally. Its great to work with people that are understanding, and they offer to help with this or that, which is greatly appreciated, but they are figuring out that I'm pretty able-bodied.
Is this helping you.So sorry that this is giving you problems .Hope that this works for you.
I find that when I wear the sleeve support up around my elbow as well as the wrist brace there is more support and I feel less pain. But its not an everyday occurance, only on bad weather days.
@Juliaacv yes I heard about that .Tennis elbow @LadyDuck play tennis? why do they call tennis elbow?I never had it.
I think it is what is called "tennis elbow", I suffered of this in the past, it's painful. I hope the adjustable brace helps to reduce the pain. It's not the best to type and to use the mouse.
It can be confused and paired with tennis elbow, as it originates at the elbow, but it is the nerve that comes from the elbow up above the arm and to the top of the hand. Keyboarding and using the mouse does make it ache all that much more, but when I put my hard brace on my wrist and hand it forces me to slow down and keyboard and mouse less, so in the end I believe that it saves me some pain.
@Juliaacv This is exactly what we call "tennis elbow" a repetitive strain injury resulting from tendon overuse due to a repetitive task. As I had my tendon damaged when I broke my elbow, I suffer of this problem.
@LadyDuck I only know that my doctor called it epicondylitis.
For me it's my knees. When it's going to rain, they are really bad. I'm sorry you have problems with your wrist and elbow.
It was a rainy day that gave us a lot more then just rain. This evening we had sleet and snow.
@Juliaacv I don't like it when it sleets.
@just4him No, that is really miserable weather in my opinion
I have problems with my elbow, but it is caused by banging my elbow when I fell a couple of years ago. I wear an armband when it flares up. It has to be really painful in order for me to wear it though. The wrist splint also helps to stabilize it. Not fashionable, but helpful! Don't ya think they would make them in prettier patterns and colors? I would love one that is purple with butterflies!
Hey, that's a great idea, let's go into business together! I have to be in extreme pain to dawn mine also, I don't like it 1 bit, its pretty cumbersome, which is necessary since its job is to immobilize that part of my arm.
@Juliaacv I only wear mine at night. I work in dirty homes and have to perform personal care with some clients too. Can't get the brace soiled.
• Portland, Connecticut
ugh!! When it gets like this my knees, ankles, shoulders and yes my right wrist. I am one big arthritis mess!!
I'm sure that the swimming helps you with your aches, doesn't it?
• Portland, Connecticut
@Juliaacv it does but we exercise pretty hard so sometimes it also seems to add to it.
So sorry you have to deal with that . Sounds annoying and painful.
Thanks, its just bad on rainy days.
@Juliaacv hope you dont get many rainy days then
Oh, I do hope the dampness passes so that the ache will go away. The weather affects my knee that I injured in high school gymnastics, and I wear a brace on my knee if it really hurts and is a bit swollen. I think the weather is responsible for so many of the maladies humans must endure.
I remember you telling me about your knee injury-its it something talking about our aches and pains on rainy days, reminds me of the way that my Gramma used to talk!
My hips and knees bother me in the damp weather.
I hope that you don't get that very often.
@Juliaacv no not too bad
@PainsOnSlate (19253)
That's quite the brace! I've never had a problem with using the computer but I have never had a job that made me use a computer, I can understand your pain because I have friends who talk about it. My knees let me know when its going to rain, when that happens I just pop a extra strength Tylenol and it goes away. My surgeon said it won't hurt me so to take as many as I need and as often as I need.
I find that the humidity in the summertime and a couple of times this autumn, the temperature change coupled with a cold rain will bother it. Wearing the brace and the sleeve up higher on my arm keeps it stationary just enough to slow me down so that I am over-doing it.
That's a shame but I guess it is good that your injury doesn't stop you altogether.
And that's the way that I look at it, and also that its only once in a while.
I'm sorry your hurting today. =( I hope you feel better soon. I broke my right wrist and when it gets cold or it rains it does hurt.
I wore my elbow sleeve for most of the day and my wrist brace for part of the day.
So sorry that you have that problem. Must really difficult to work today.
Thanks, it was painful today, but I managed.
My neck. I have had back and beck problems for the last 20 years, but when those cold front come in I feel it more. I just keep going, much like you do
What else can we do?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
My mom has it.
Its not very nice is it?
I hope the brace helps you out. I still have trouble with my arm but am used to it now.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
Well right now my neck. I had a headache yesterday. But I'm better today.
My left hand falls weak at times. it causes me to need to lay down.