Another Thursday Rolls Around

Good morning/afternoon or evening to all my friends here in the myLot world. I'm happy to say that I had a decent nights sleep which is rare these days. Now that I am retired and have the luxury of sleeping I wake up too many times during the night and then am exhausted when I finally talk myself into getting up. As I was making my morning pot of coffee the lawn people showed up with their loud machines and started the lawn. I was very surprised as I thought the mowing season was over and I wouldn't have to listen to those machines for hours as they ride around the community until the spring. It's trash day so I'm trying to get everything shredded that can go out as well as all the rest of the trash. Now that we've gotten those huge new containers on wheels it makes it so much easier to get it all to the curb. Tonight is pasta night so I'm going to be making the sauce later this afternoon. We haven't had pasta for awhile so I'm really looking forward to it. Aside from the usual daily tasks around the house I'm going to try to catch up on some of my tv shows this afternoon. My daughter will be off from work for the next 11 days and I'm sure we'll be busy especially with Thanksgiving next week. That's about all that's going on here today. What's happening in your neck of the woods?
I have the excitement of waiting for the plumbing to come and install a new kitchen sink.
Woohoo!
@JohnRoberts, My week has been just waiting for technician and one more tomorrow.
It is cold and gray here. I, too, am not the best sleeper since I retired. I need to wear myself out more during the day. I should go out there and rake some leaves.
Yukky and gray here also.
I am working all day. Pasta sounds good. I haven't had it in awhile..gives me an idea for dinner. Enjoy your day.
I have a doctor appointment, check up time for me.
@sueznewz2 (10121)
• Alicante, Spain
I'm glad you had a good nights sleep... and I hope you got caught up with your tv shows.. dounds likexa nice relaxing day...
I made pasta several times during the past couple of weeks. When I have not a lot of time to make lunch, pasta is my easy lunch.
I am looking forward to a goods night sleep in about 30 minutes and your Thursday was busy , glad you got through it !
@sallypup (27987)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I've had better days and then again I've had worse days. I'm glad the lawn "got started."
We had a busy day, both of us had dental cleanings this am, boxing at 1:30, picked up Jack then had reservations for dinner at 5:3o and hubs had to play a makeup match at cards at 6:30. Now I am watching TV and mylotting.
We're going down shortly to go through our big shed and get a load of rubbish that we'll take to the rubbish tip next week. We have wheeled rubbish bins but the stuff we'll be chucking out won't fit and we have enough for a trailer load. So that's scheduled for today. Tonight is our social lawn bowls game.
Nothing going on here..just trying to get well dear friend..your pasta sounds delicious
I hope you have a good day and I hope you enjoy your pasta! =)
Enjoy the pasta night!
quiet day.Tomorrow going to friends house for breakfast.My best meal of the day.
Not much today just glued to the internet and phone to hear news of my dad..he is already conscious and talking..claiming he is sore of course..
Well my day is at an end. I spent it by my PC today but tomorrow I have stuff to do. Then comes the weekend again and another long week to look forward to.
I look like a wet rat. Just got home from a 10 mile walk and showered. Hair appointment today. My next one will be in sunny Florida. Enjoy your day, Marilyn.
I'm at work, I just poke on the site now and again when its quite. Its a terribly wet, rainy, windy and cool day here today. Hopefully it passes and the dry weather prevails.