I must get that card in the mail

@sallypup (21764)
Moses Lake, Washington
One more week is what I have left. Turkey day. (And we're not eating turkey. Or doing much else exciting.) One more week. There's something else in the wings: my Mom's 96th birthday. Her memory is being wiped clean but otherwise Mom is stumping along. I have a pansy card waiting for me to write something on it. Good enough. I sure am not driving over the mountain pass to see her. I wonder if I will ever see Mom again? Such good times we had. Its gone and here I am, telling myself to get that card addressed, stamped and mailed.
@alberello75 (13511)
• Genova, Italy
I'm sorry, I don't understand. What are you afraid of not being able to see again?
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@alberello75 Hello! I was expressing my sadness at possibly never seeing my Mom again in that sentence.
@alberello75 (13511)
• Genova, Italy
@sallypup Ok. I see. It's sadly
I hope she gets it on time.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@sharon6345 She should if I get it mailed by Saturday. She's just a couple of days mail time from me.
@sallypup That is very good.
Wishing your mother a wonderful 96th birthday!! So glad you remember so many good times you shared with your dear mother.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 We were best buds for so many years. So many hikes and gardening times. And tea times.
Hope you get it to her soon
@kobesbuddy (19440)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Wow, 96th Birthday, that is tremendous! My mother lived to be ninety, which is pretty common now days:)
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kobesbuddy Yes folks are living longer these days. Just got to get the memory thing worked out.
@kobesbuddy (19440)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@sallypup I'll live to be 100, but my memory stopped working at 60! LOL
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kobesbuddy I've never had a fantastic memory. At times it bothers me and now that my Mom is having major issues, I worry even more cause of genetics. Its hard to know that she does not remember my Dad or my deceased brother etc.
That is a great age. Hope you get it mailed.
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@celticeagle Thanks for the kick in the fanny. Soon as Sonny James kitty gets up I will hunt the card down and get that chore done.
@sallypup .....And you will probably feel good about getting another one checked off your to do list.
@kepweng (6325)
Wow your mom have a Great age
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@kepweng Yes you are right.
Wow 96 is amazing and hope your mom enjoys her birthday. It's great that you have so many wonderful memories of times you've spent together. Get that card in the mail
@sallypup (21764)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Marilynda1225 Yes it is amazing. Mom still dresses herself. Just needs help with cooking and such and of course reminders about meds.
It's sad you can't visit her. 96 is a good age. It's good she is 'stumping along' but a pity about her memory.
Wishing her a very happy birthday. I do hope yoi get to see her again some day.