Will you keep your calm in such a situation?

@dpk262006 (54760)
Delhi, India
One day I was travelling with a stranger in a cab (pool cab). My co-passenger received a call from his mother informing him that someone has snatched mobile phone of his wife and his wife was crying. The guy did not lose his cool and did not ask how and why the phone was allowed to be snatched. He simply said - "Mother, it was only a phone, ask my wife to calm down, by evening she will have another phone" I was amazed to see his cool attitude. I thought in this kind of situation a person would normally say that his wife should have been careful and her carelessness cost the phone, without making a mention of ill motive of the snatcher but that guy was super cool. He narrated the sequence to me and said that I know that we just cannot get back the phone, so there is no use crying over split milk or lose my cool, he told that he would buy a new phone to his wife. Though, I am cool person but in such a situation I might have lost my cool for few minutes. Would you keep your calm and cool if such a situation occurs with you? Image courtesy - Google
@sjvg1976 (14617)
My wife had such incident 8 years back when someone snatched her phone. She ran behind that person as he was on bike so she could not get him. When she phoned me from home she was crying I also told her not to cry it was just a phone. So he did right to keep her calm.
@dpk262006 (54760)
Oh! You also faced the same situation, when your wife lost her phone. It was wiser on your part that you counselled her and asked her not to cry for a phone. Hats off to you for your cool attitude.
@poehere (17869)
• French Polynesia
My boyfriend lost his phone when it was stolen out of his car. He called me and I told him to go and get a new phone and I would take care of the SIMs card for him. He told me he was too busy and I told him to make time. I am busy too and I'll be in town and can cancel the other card and get a new one but the market there doesn't sell the kind of phone he likes. I wasn't mad and I didn't say much to him at all about it. What can you do when a person rips you off. It is gone and you just need to deal with it.
@dpk262006 (54760)
I think it was wiser on your part that you did not lose your cool when your boy friend lost his phone. You were right in suggesting him that you could get his SIM immediately blocked but cannot buy her new phone because those kinds of phones were not available at your place. Maintaining our cool in such a situation will not raise our Blood Pressure and would cause other diseases to us.
@poehere (17869)
• French Polynesia
@dpk262006 Plus I was working at a client's home so there is no need to yell and scream and have my client look at me like I am a mad woman. I did have a good laugh and I told my client what happened. He did ask me if I was mad. I said no because one time a person picked my phone out of my sack in town and I had to deal with it and get a new phone and cancel my old SIMs card and get a new one.
@dpk262006 (54760)
@poehere I could say that sanity prevailed and knowing fully well that you were at a client's place, you did not yell or scream, otherwise clients would have seen you with a raised eyebrows. . I think even if you would not have been at a client's place when your boy friend informed you about his phone, you would not have yelled upon him.
@sugartoes (34713)
• Greencastle, Indiana
well if it was me yeah I think I would of kinda but not to the mother OR the wife but in a way of trying to get what info I could of HOW & WHO got the phone.
@dpk262006 (54760)
It means that your initial reaction would have been like a shock and you at least would have inquired how and why it happened.
Yes, I would have kept my calm, the important is not to be hurt, a phone can be replaced.
@dpk262006 (54760)
It is wiser on your part that in such a situation you won't lose your cool because you know it very well that a phone could be replaced.
@dpk262006 The important is not to risk your life, because that one cannot be replaced.
@dpk262006 (54760)
@LadyDuck Yes, our life and happiness is more important than a material thing.
I would be cool and thankful that she was not hurt. In my country many persons have lost their lives because of a cellphone.
@dpk262006 (54760)
It is good to hear that in such a situation, you would maintain your cool because you think our life is more important than a mobile phone.
@nanette64 (13811)
• Fairfield, Texas
Well if people would quit living and breathing with their phones in their hands, it might not have been snatched @dpk262006 .
@dpk262006 (54760)
Yes, you are right that too much dependency on one's mobile phone could prove to be counter productive.
@JESSY3236 (5046)
I overreact to certain things too.I don't think I would have calm either.
@dpk262006 (54760)
Reacting to such a situation won't help much, instead one needs to keep calm to analyse the whole situation.
@A_loves_B (1396)
Wow. It's not easy to stay calm if we face such situation, but he did it. It's amazing. If I were him, I would panick or cry. I think I have to learn from you, him or others to be a cool person.
@dpk262006 (54760)
Normally, a person would get into panic mode in such a situation because it is a kind of unexpected situation. I also learnt a lesson from that guy that if we have lost something, we should maintain our cool and should not cry or feel disturbed. Don't worry with the passage of time, you would automatically get to learn, how to be cool.
@kepweng (6388)
the photo is like the riding in tandem are robbers??
@lady1993 (15626)
hmm probably, but i would not be as cool as the guy if someone was trying to steal from me, i may try to fight him or her, depending on where i am
@louievill (16345)
" your phone or your life? " phone without even thinking, phone is replacable
@dpk262006 (54760)
Yes, in such a situation other phone could be bought without worrying about the loss.
I would react the same way and Than cancel the phone so the person could not use it.
@dpk262006 (54760)
You mean to say that you would keep your calm and would not get carried away by emotions? Yes, it is wiser to get the SIM blocked in such a situation.