Do you still use a flash light?

I have an old flash light that was brought along from the Balikbayan/repatriation box. Unfortunately, the battery turns rusty for years of being not used. There's another besides this one but battery still works, it's bigger than the double A type. But I've also seen newer ones that relies on Solar Power. I had those too but the flash flight gave in, not sure if I was able to save the solar panel. I only use them when there's a black out or there's an area with a busted bulb. Do you have one and what kind of Flash light do you have?
@kepweng (6349)
we have flashlight that dont need battery only sun rays or heat !
How much did you bought it? @kepweng I'm think of buying one of these.
I have a flashlight with a big battery in it.
Hello @jstory07 wow a big battery that's nice, i hope the battery is not expensive.
@lady1993 (15622)
we have a lot them since my father buys them until now..and we can't find a durable one, the light loses contact or something... i would like to buy a tactical one but they are quite expensive
Hello @lady1993 What the hell is a tactical light? I have not really been searching for new and improve flash lights lately. maybe it's good to check it now.
@lady1993 (15622)
@Letranknight2015 they are flashlights used by military (i think) but their lights are much brighter and they are more durable
@lady1993 First time I've heard of it, just didn't think that i have one.
I don't have a flashlight at the moment.
Hello @just4him wow really? at least you have a candle, right?
@Letranknight2015 I have candles and oil lamps if necessary.
@just4him I used to have oil lamps, they seemed useful too.
• Pamplona, Spain
Have flashlights which wind up and also ones that have batteries in them too. A mixture of both kinds of flashlights never comes amiss. Use them for the blackouts also.
Hello @lovinangelsinstead21 I wonder if the batteries ran out even if you don't use. They are important when it comes to black outs.
• Pamplona, Spain
@Letranknight2015 Not usually because I have one of those battery testers and always keep cheap good batteries around us for the just in case. There are often power cuts here when you least need them like maybe where you are by the look of it.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I hate power cuts, disrupts your time in the internet.
We have a couple but they are just run-of-the-mill torches.
Hello @JudyEv torches? you mean fire? I heard there light bulb torches out there. But not sure if it's true.
@Letranknight2015 We call flashlights torches. Just a difference in terms between our countries.
@JudyEv I guess so, maybe I should look for it one of thse days.
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
haha. believe it or not I have 3 flashlights, haha! First one- the old school type that my mom gave to me when I moved here, second one- rechargeable one, and the last one is a small type a gift to me by a friend. The last one is with my bag always for emergency purposes.
Hello Batangas, what kind of bag? med kit of some sort? That reminds me maybe I should buy a new set of batteries.
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
@Letranknight2015 hello batangas? are you referring to me? My bag i use everyday, I always have small flashlight in it.
@Ithink (6846)
We have a lot of flashlights, battery, solar and crank ones. I have used them when we didn't have electric because of a tornado for almost 3 weeks, or just when we lose it for any old reason. I have used it to go out in the dark at times when I have heard something. Hubby has a huge one that acts as a spotlight with a siren and all on it. It is heavy!
Hello @Ithink crank ones? Never one like that. I'm thinking of buying the solar ones because the battery can be very expensive. I think I had the one that has a siren before.
@Ithink (6846)
@Letranknight2015 The crank can be work, but has a radio and other things too. I like it because no matter what I can use it, even if we have no batteries.
@cahaya1983 (9593)
I have one but hardly use it except when there's a blackout. It's the kind that uses the normal battery.
Hello @cahaya1983 Do you replaces battery when it's out? Same here.
@Letranknight2015 Yes that's what we do. But since it's rarely used we don't have to do that very often.
Yes, I do. I have a number of flashlights at home and two in my emergency kit bag.
Hello @allen0187 are those flash flights in the emergency kit require batteries?
@Letranknight2015 yes, one requires batteries while the second one is the rechargeable kind. I make sure I have a fresh set of batteries stashed as well and the rechargeable one is actually full recharged.
@ilocosboy (33280)
Definitely yes, I use battery operated and rechargeable flashlights.
Hello @ilocosboy what kind of a flash light is that? maybe I should buy a rechargeable battery.
@ilocosboy (33280)
Oh there are so many rechargeable flashlights available now.
@dodoazo (11201)
Several flashlights at home for we are always experiencing unannounced brown out or a sudden brown out. I am a bit lucky for my cp has a built-in flashlight. I could use it anytime.
Hello @dodoazo We used to have an emergency light but it doesn't work anymore for some reason it broke down.
@dodoazo (11201)
@Letranknight2015 Recently I bought a set of medium emergency led light. Besides I have already installed a led light bulbs which light up when the lights goes out. They stay lighted for approximately 4 to 5 hours.
@prashu228 (22865)
Yes I have two flash lights , they will be useful when there is sudden power off
Hello @prashu228 We all need flash lights but that reminds me I should buy new batteries.
@hereandthere (24138)
rarely since we seldom have brownouts, and when we do, it's like a minute, even less. however, we used to have this bright flashlight that you wear on your head that was very useful when we're looking for something or working on something that's in a dark or hard-to-reach area. sadly, it seems to have been misplaced.
Hello @hereandthere I am not sure but I think it was called head light or something. maybe I should search on that too, I agree, that might be useful.
Yes, I have a little blue one currently push button. I want one of those tactical flashlights though.
Hello @TRBRocks420 Now that I have search this, it seems I have one sent to me but I haven't change the batteries. Which are similar to a watch's battery.
We have 2 around the house for emergency.
Hello @pitsipeahie two is good.
I have a very powerful rechargeable torch in working condition but laying idle
Hello @ChoukseyMK Better change the batteries, if it's lithion the oil might damage it.
@sjvg1976 (14597)
I have a flash light having battery in it.