JJ's Vinyl Madness Countdown #730

By JJ
"The Godfathers of Heavy Metal" Not my favorite album by these guys, but neither is it my least-favorite. Like the three released before it, it would eventually sell over 1,000,000 copies. Recorded with the help of 'speaker boxes full of cocaine'. (Liner notes thank "the great COKE-cola Company of Los Angeles") Never was my drug of choice...maybe that's why this album didn't 'grab' me as much as some of the others. But it's Sabbath...at the time, it was hard to imagine them doing anything but putting out a great rock 'n roll album. Black Sabbath - Vol 4
Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __count__/__total__ Loading... Find out whyClose M DJ Loading... Unsubscribe from M DJ? Ca
If Black Sabbath are the godfathers of heavy metal, what is Led Zep?
Zep was more hard rock than metal...Stones are the World's Greatest Garage Band...not sure what crown Zep would wear
@JolietJake Just about everything I read and other bands credit Led Zep as the most influential to heavy metal. I think they influenced a wide variety of artists.
@FourWalls (10046)
I think, or what I've read, is that Zep's influence was blues, and they made the blues rather loud.
\m/\m/
@FourWalls (10046)
What an appropriate song on an album brought to you by coke.
@silvermist (15794)
I do listen to them once in a while.Never could get into their music .Not one of my favorites.