What’s In Your Fried Rice?

I know, a lot cannot relate to this post, because they don’t eat rice for their meals since it’s not their staple food. But for those from Asian countries, I know they make fried rice. Usually, I make fried rice, on the evening of Saturdays from leftover rice for lunch. I just fry lots of chopped crushed garlic together with the left-over rice. Sometimes, I would just break 3 or 4 eggs into the fried rice when it is nearly cooked and would sauté them all well together. Or I would fry the eggs first then chop them into small pieces and scatter them into the rice I am frying. Sometimes, I put slices of Chinese sausage. It makes the fried rice so tasty and very nice smelling. But I always put lots of sautéed chopped and lots of crushed garlic. I love eating the garlic. Sometimes also, I would put slices of the left-over pork adobo or the left-over of roasted chicken we bought. Everybody would eat the fried rice and it’s a blockbuster. So, for those who eat rice, what’s in your fried rice? Note: Pictures are from google
Sounds very yummy and, mostly I put scrambled eggs or fried eggs and, pork chops or sausage with green peppers and, garlic.
Oh, so you too eat rice? I thought it's bread for you there.
@SIMPLYD Yes, we love pork fried rice here and, many rice dishes, but also we like potatoes or bread.
@TRBRocks420 Oh, that is good to know. And you buy rice from the Asian store?
@hereandthere (24123)
i love chinese sausage, too. my sister have done fried rice with left-over adobo. with leftover roasted chicken, if you're referring to lechon manok, we tend to make lechon paksiw with it by cooking it with mang tomas liver sauce.
Indeed, the Chinese sausage makes the fried rice so tasty. Yes, I am referring to lechon manok. I didn't have a notion that it can also be made into lechon paksiw. You gave me an idea for next time there are a lot of left-overs of what I can do to make the lechon manok a different dish. Thank you for sharing this idea.
@SIMPLYD i'm not even sure if we're doing it correctly, so we just buy mang tomas (since it's already seasoned/timplado) and add garlic, peppercorn, bay leaf and vinegar. i hope you make something better and more authentic.
@hereandthere Yes, we also use Mang Tomas Sarsa. That's the secret of lechon paksiw. I will try this.
Lots of garlic sounds good. I like rice in my fried rice. I also like mushrooms and chicken.
Oh, so you eat rice there too? I haven't eaten fried rice with mushroom yet. I love mushroom in pizza. Garlic makes the fried rice healthy.
@SIMPLYD Yes we do eat rice. We love it. We probably don't eat it anywhere near as often as you would there but we do enjoy it when we have it.
@Happy2BeMe That's nice.
@silvermist (15820)
We make different types of fried rice availability of ingrediants.Most fried rices may have the common ingredients like carrot and beans.There is egg fried rice,seafood rice,chicken,meat,and so on.
Yes, actually, we can make a lot of variants of fried rice, depending on the stuff we would like to mix in it. If we want it so tasty we put seafoods or chicken. Usually for us we put Chinese sausage to make it so tasty.
@silvermist (15820)
@SIMPLYD Yes,that is a dish we can improvise.
@shivamani10 (10688)
• Hyderabad, India
I generally prefer vegetables of all varieties. I like beans and carrots more. I make small pieces and prepare fried rice.
You mean you put veggies in yoir fried rice?
Nice. Ive never made fried rice.
Maybe you should try tasting it from Chinese restaurants. They make the best fried rice.
@ilocosboy (33267)
Oh I can relate very much to this, and here is my recipe for fried rice, depending on the availability of the ingredients: I would want to make my own fried rice and I usually add with garlic and onions, then if there is available instant noodles I would crushed and add them including the seasoning, then if the oyster is available I will also put it. I can also use Vigan longasina or bacon for my fried rice.
So you put onions in your fried rice. Wow, instant noodles ! And vigan longganisa would really be a hit! It is so delicious by itself, how much more added to fried rice.
@ilocosboy (33267)
instant noodles makes it tasty, aroma of vigan longanisa in fried rice is irresistible.
@ilocosboy I agree with the vigan longanisa, but with the noodles, I don't think I will like it though.
@kepweng (6354)
my fried rice contains egg and i just ashamed eating it in fastfoods cause other people think that eating mixed rice is like dog food
what? who said that?
I agree with @hereandthere? Who said that? The person who said that is so sosyal. How can one say that to a fried rice?
@hereandthere I agree with you asking this. The person who said that seems so rich that he considers it like dog food.
@lady1993 (15603)
we have similar ingredients.. since i am also from Asia we add margarine, garlic, egg and hotdog in our fried rice
I haven't tried adding margarine. I know that it can make the taste of fried rice delicious.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Just vegetables and meat or seafood
Did you see one of those fried rice. They have shrimps. Shrimps are costly though so we only use what is available at the house. They come out so delicious even if they are simply fried.
@SIMPLYD Yes there are a lot of chinese food restaurants around here
@m_audrey6788 Oh that's good. I love Chinese foods actually. Do you?
@miketagz (1349)
I love these when combined with tiny slices of luncheon meat, eggs and bacon. Then a cup of coffee or chocolate. :-)
Perfect combination. That kind of fried rice is already a complete meal. I can eat more than one cup of that actually.
@miketagz (1349)
@SIMPLYD Me too but maximum of 3 is enough for me.
@miketagz Oh my! You are a voracious rice eater.
It sounds delicious! I never make it, but always order some when we eat Chinese food. Yours sounds even better!
Yes, in Chinese restaurants they have fried rice, which they call Chao fan. They make delicious fried rice, with peas and a lot more. I assure you, I make a delicious fried rice, even if it is a simple one, not much garnishings.
@SIMPLYD I should try to make a simple version, too. Thanks for the information!
@DianneN You will love it. It's perfect for those soupy dishes. Or with dried fish with a dipping of sliced tomatoes, as we always would like to pair it with for breakfast.
Personal Photo by LadyDuck
I make time by time fried rice if I prepare a Chinese dinner. I make my fried rice with fried eggs, shrimps, pieces of ham, peas, Chinese mushrooms.
Oh wow, that picture of fried rice, actually makes me drool. Is that your own cooking? Are those dumplings I see?
@SIMPLYD Yes, I cooked both the rice and the shrimps dumplings.
@LadyDuck You really are good at doing a lot of things.
We do all the things you do from time to time with our fried rice. It is a very versatile dish.
So you also eat rice. That is nice to know. So what's your favorite ingredient to make your fried rice so tasty?
@SIMPLYD There is always onion in it for starters and I like corn - and mushrooms. The more ingredients the better I think.
@ridingbet (37923)
my latest favorite food in Chowking is the chao fan. i fry our rice from dinner with just 2 cloves of garlic and cooking oil. that is enough especially if i fry some dried fish and slice some tomatoes, and put some vinegar to dip the fish.
True, chao fan of Chowking is so delicious. Actually their egg rice which is actually a fried rice is so tasty also. Garlic alone when we put it on fried rice can make it so delicious.
@ridingbet (37923)
@SIMPLYD sometimes the cooking oil i put is that one recently used to fry meat. it tastes better too with garlic.
@ridingbet Yes, that is true. If the oil is one used to fry meats it makes the fried rice tasty indeed. I always fry rice with garlic.
@ebanreb (4749)
left over rice and fried egg with garlic. love it
Yes, that's usually my two ingredients. With the eggs, do you just break it and mix it into the rice or you fry them first and slice them? But either way, they make the fried rice delicious.
@ebanreb (4749)
@SIMPLYD mix with the rice of course my friend.
@ebanreb With that way, the fried rice turns yellowish and a bit sticky.
I have never made my own friend rice, but how you make it sounds interesting.
You can follow what I have just stated as to what are the ingredients. Simple at first then next time again you put new ingredients such as slices of ham and peas.
@SIMPLYD rebel_woman06,, I will pass on ham.
@Hannihar Upps, sorry, i forgot that you are a vegetarian.
@yugocean (4549)
Why egg on rice?
When you break raw eggs into your rice being fried, you mix them well into it and they would really add tastiness to your fried rice. Or you can fry the eggs first, slice them and mix them into your fried rice. I bet you that you will find it delicious.
@yugocean (4549)
@SIMPLYD I am strict vegetarian, no egg for me.
@yugocean Oh, I see. I now understand why you asked that.
• Austin, Texas
My fried rice usually looks like the first pic. Mixed veggies and eggs; colored brown with soy sauce. Sometimes I add meat pieces. Sometimes I don't.
So, that first picture is actually made brown by the soy sauce. I don't use soy sauce, just salt. But I think I should try that.
• Austin, Texas
@SIMPLYD - Oh great! You just made me want to go get something to eat. Taking a break and going downstairs to the kitchen.
@cmoneyspinner Ha ha ha So, what did you eat to satisfy the craving?
@FayeHazel (11668)
I love rice. When my garden is in - I put all sorts of things in it. Onion, egg, chopped Kale, summer squash, green beans, carrot, celery, .... yum!
Hmm, your ingredients reveals that you are more of a vegetarian. That's good. S0, you also put squash. THat's interesting.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@SIMPLYD Ah, alas no - I usually eat my fried rice with a big side of meat. Sometimes (not often) I will fry up some beef bacon and add to it, too. --- Oh yes, summer squash (similar to zucchini) is quite good in there I've found. Butter and garlic too! :-)
@FayeHazel Your ingredients made me crave for it now.