I Eat Too Much But Why I Don't Gain Weight?

@ilocosboy (33256)
And to think some say they just smell cakes and cookies and they are getting fat already, of course that is just one form of their figure of speech. But hey, that is true, I mean, some people who really are skinny wanted to have some flesh and eating many foods but still they don't gain weight. I for myself, have been in this thin body for many years now. My tummy may get bulking but why my arms and shoulders are all still the same. Its been my dreams to build my biceps and triceps, to make my shoulders become broader and my chest become bulkier. Too bad, only my tummy is becoming bulky and rounder. Shame. It is really just metabolism? Or it is a genes?
@jobelbojel (5037)
There is an exercise for us to get volume. My cousin was thin and he enrolled in a gym to gain mass. It does work.
@ilocosboy (33256)
I tried enrolling to gym also, not blaming the gym itself but not good for me. Just like a not so talented singer wanted to become a professional singer worldwide, not an easy thing compared to those talented singing people.
@ilocosboy I understand you.
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
In my point of view you're still lucky compared to me.. me? I get fat very fast.. haha
@ilocosboy (33256)
yeah, I guess so. maybe I'm not just contended with my body
@cttolledo (2337)
• Batangas, Philippines
@ilocosboy Maybe you can do some workout at the gym.
@ilocosboy (33256)
I have done that before but too many distractions.
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
Me too, like no matter how much I eat I don't get fat. Like I need to gain weight.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Maybe sometimes its a good thing after all
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
@ilocosboy I really need to gain weight.
@ilocosboy (33256)
consider eating more carbohydrates
@ridingbet (37889)
i was 48 kilos last year but now i weigh 54.6 kilos, thanks to 1 and a half cups of rice. i am a rice eater that is why my uniform pants and denims are getting tighter. i don't have strenuous exercises, but i walk and walk when i am on duty. if your tummy gets bulky, maybe you are eating too much rice. may i suggest that you eat more protein and less carbohydrates, and exercise as well.
@ilocosboy (33256)
more protein but less carbo, this will be save in my memory, noted. Maybe I really need to cut by carb.
@ridingbet (37889)
@ilocosboy protein is body building while carbohydrates is energy giving. if you are active (i know you run often), then maybe you are not burning much calories. more protein will give you more muscles and better abs. i think we must have more muscles than fats.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Oh thank you, i reallt need carbo then.
It might be a mix of both. Why don't you do some exercises to increase your upper body size?
@ilocosboy (33256)
I think it when I was in thirties, it should have been good, then my children are getting bigger in numbers
@ilocosboy I'm sure you're fine just as you are.
@ilocosboy (33256)
thank you, always as I am.
@Theresaaiza (9696)
Are those delicacies from Ilocos? I would love to try regional food on my next visit. Anyway, it could be genetics, or metabolism. But careful, cause even skinny people can get heart disease or high cholesterol or diabetes even if they are not fat. I think the main thing is, as long as you are healthy and you are not sick all the time, that's what's important. Sometimes as you get older, your body suddenly changes. My mom was the skinniest girl in the family when she was younger and the change was so massive after her second pregnancy that she became obese. People could not recognize her anymore. So, I suppose, just keep eating good food, keep exercising, don't worry about the social standards of what physical beauty is. Your target should be health, not the superficial physical beauty
@ilocosboy (33256)
yes those are our local rice delicacies, we call the one in bamboo as "tinubong", "tupig" are those wrapped in banana leaves, "imbagkal" that one in flat brown, and I forget the name of that yellow one he he. I like your last paragraph particularly the line "don't worry about the social standards of what physical beauty is", its quotable one, thank you.
Perhaps you are those that thy call 'skinny fat'.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Whe i was younger-- teenager and 20's, I was really a skinny person, I gain very few weight as I grow older.
Perhaps it is a bit of both metabolism and genetics.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Yes I think that's true.
@prashu228 (22826)
It's genes and metabolism both.. you may gain slowly little bit as you age or you may not. And you do a lot if physical activities .. how do you expect to gain weight....as long as you are active like you are now..you won't gain weight...
@ilocosboy (33256)
There was a time I intended to gain weight only but to no avail, maybe this will always be my body.
• Calgary, Alberta
I just ate on a Buffet and I didnt gain weight I am stuck at 90 pounds! I have high blood pressure though. So maybe I am skinny on the outside but fat in the inside which means I am at risk for heart disease.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Oh I see, I think my blood pressure is normal, never been higher to 120/90
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I think it is metabolism. I also used to be skinny but when I turned 30 my metabolism slowed down.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Mine not yet slow down, maybe because I become active with my physical exercise again
I will tell you this I can't drink a soda without worry that the scale will tip. It's terrible but so true. can't enjoy junk foods often or I have to starve a few days to lose the weight. You are blessed.
@ilocosboy (33256)
Sometimes I am thinking its a good thing after all.
You are probably not eating the right foods, because you are gaining weight in the wrong place. Try to eat foods that build muscle - not promote fat - as in your tummy. The weight should be evenly distributed.
@ilocosboy (33256)
I believe this is one thing.
@Madshadi (4560)
• Brussels, Belgium
I believe its metabolism. Those people should consider themselves lucky. Building muscles is easier than losing fat
@ilocosboy (33256)
Yeah I thought of I'm lucky after all because this body frame were wanted by many, but you know when you are man and wanting to have a bigger body then you dream of it.
@kepweng (6289)
i have Suggestion if you Really want to GAIN Weight ! Try to eat in mcdonalds or Any fast foods you love in 1 or 3 months and eat 3 or 5 cups of rice everyday and sleep early im sure you well Gain weight
@ilocosboy (33256)
The 3 to 5 rice a day is not a problem, I eat even more, the only problem is sleeping
@amnabas (9928)
• Karachi, Pakistan
It's the both which is responsible...in my case wind effects my weight too
@ilocosboy (33256)
Yeah I believe it is both.