~A Little Upsetting~

Pixabay
Jacksonville, Florida
Good morning everyone. I hope your having a good morning and you slept well. I finally did sleep a little bit longer last night than usual-around 5 hours so that was nice. I am upset this morning because the ride we were counting on for Josiah's appointment today informed us they can no longer take us. =( So upset. The lady that took me the other day is away for the weekend so I have nobody to ask. We definitely don't have the money for a taxi either. So...I had to re-schedule his appointment after waiting so long for it to begin with! They will be calling me back with the new appointment day and time. Well, such is life at the moment without a vehicle and I'm sure there was a reason for this happening. I won't let this steal my joy either-we will definitely find a way to make it to the new appointment-no matter what! How's your morning been?
With the government provided insurance we have I can call and get a ride with the transportation office. It has to be set up ahead of time though and it has to be an appointment the insurance covers. It can take all day though to get to there and back by the time they pick up other people for appointments and take then home. Its a minibus. They will schedule your pick up and drop off time and like I said it can be hours of sitting on that bus. I have a vehicle so I don't need to use this service but what they also do is milage reimbursement for those who drive themselves to these appointments. It doesn't cover thev total cost of gas but it is a big help.
@shaggin I'm not sure if they offer that here or not but this time it was very last minute-not knowing they would cancel on us.
@LovingMyBabies It is something you can look into it might be helpful.
@kobesbuddy (52923)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies We have a FISH organization, that gives rides to doctor's appointments. They won't charge you anything for this.
So sorry to hear that. I hope you won't have to wait to long for another appointment. I am having a pretty good morning so far.
@Happy2beme Thank you. I hope not, we waited 4 months for that appointment. =( I'm glad your having a good morning!
@LovingMyBabies That is too bad. Is this for his helmet?
@Happy2BeMe Yes it is.
Yes, it was not meant to be. Mine is okay I just got up a couple hours ago.
@andriaperry Yeah I know. I hope you have a good day.
@responsiveme (16835)
Is this place very far? I hope the transport works out
@responsiveme It's a 30 minute drive. Thank you.
I am so sorry, I know this appointment was important.
@LadyDuck Thank you, it was super important.
Sorry . Definitely hope you make the next one.
@Courtlynn Thank you. We will walk next time if we have to.
@LovingMyBabies how far is it
@Courtlynn It's a 30 minute drive but I'm pretty determined and good at walking. Lol
Try not to let this ruin your day. Just keep going on doing what you have to do.
@JohnRoberts No I'm not going to let it do that to me. Thank you.
OH that is frustrating..I run into those kinds of things all the time with people and it is really disappointing and frustrating. Can you let your pastor know your situation so you can have people you can call when you need rides?
@snowy22315 Yes it is. We don't go to church right now since we don't have a vehicle and we don't go to the same one anymore anyway. There were some issues with our kids there.
@TheSojourner (17306)
I hope you're able to find a suitable solution soon. Do you have a public transport or bus system of some sort that can help you?
@CoralLevang I won't travel by bus with a baby, it's not the best area and if anything happened I would be in prison for hurting someone.
@LovingMyBabies I can appreciate that. Do they have some sort of other kind of support transport run through the medical programs? And I really don't want to have to visit you at the penitentiary, or have them open all my mail to you.
Not a good morning here either. Bus schedule issues. Hope you are able to get to the next appointment. I have no transportation so I know how frustrating it can be.
@celticeagle I'm sorry. =( I hope your day gets better. Yes it is very frustrating.
@LovingMyBabies .....It did. Hope things get better at your end.
@sjvg1976 (18411)
Is there no other cheaper public transport than taxis?. It's really sad that you could not go via taxi because you didn't had money.
@sjvg1976 Not that I know of.
Well, that was a disappointment for you, but your attitude regarding that disappointment is just right, my friend!!! So wise to not let anything take your joy away.
@Corbin5 Yes it was a disappointment but the new one is made and we will somehow get there. Thank you! =)
How disappointing that your ride cancelled and you had to reschedule Josiahs appointment.
@Marilynda1225 Thanks, it has been re-scheduled and it's not too far away. It's on December 4th now.
@prashu228 (25589)
Ohh.. hope you get appointment on another good day, hope it'for good
@prashu228 Thank you. =)
@LeaPea2417 (21611)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Sorry about that. I know it will work out for the next appointment.
@Leapea2417 Thank you, I know it will too. =)
Argh! I hope they can reschedule for a much sooner date than your original wait - and I hope a reliable ride can be arranged too. My morning is busy - too long to list - but got some things off the checklist already. Now off too the next one.
@much2say Thank you. I hope you get everything done and have a good day!
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
that's what happens when you don't know how to drive, you can't depend on other people to be there for you all the time so you need to find a more better way to get to the places you need to be at when you need to be.
@sugartoes We do not have a vehicle and cannot afford one so it wouldn't matter if I could drive right now or not. The dealership sold us a lemon and our truck's motor blew up.
@sugartoes (42026)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@LovingMyBabies OH lord have mercy girl if you didn't have BAD luck you wouldn't have any, seems like you don't get a break no matter what you do, you need to get that devil GONE.
@sugartoes I know, trust me. We are growing closer to the Lord though and you know how that goes-the devil will attack any way he can...
• Austin, Texas
My morning, my entire day actually, has gone rather smoothly. Except for the change in schedule, your family is OK otherwise. Right? If nothing else, looking at those pretty flowers should make you feel a little better. Life is rough without your own transportation. Been there. When we first got married, my husband and I caught the bus to the babysitter and then to work. Caught the bus from work to the babysitter and caught the bus home. Seemed hard to do at the time but now those trips are fond memories of "the hungry years" that we survived.
@cmoneyspinner Well that and having no vehicle with 5 kids-yes we are okay. With my husband and I it hasn't just been one time in our life that we struggled. We can never ever ever catch a break-did I say ever?? We are always struggling and things are always tough for us. I guess God thinks we are much tougher than we think!
• Austin, Texas
@LovingMyBabies - The scriptures do say that God never allows more than what we can bear. If we endure, after we pass through the fire we come out solid gold! Stronger, wiser and able to help others endure. I come from a family of 9; 7 boys, 2 girls and my mother and father never owned a car. They used the bus. Every now and then my mom might call a taxi. Most of the time we had to ask others we knew who had a car for a ride to wherever we needed to go. The first family car I can remember was bought by one of my brothers when he became a teenager and got his drivers license. I think he paid $50 for it. True story. We nicknamed the car "Chug-a-Boom" because that's how it drove. Chug chug ... boom! It would chug along the street for a few minutes and then you'd hear this loud sound Boom! I can't believe that cops didn't stop us while we were on the road. Clearly the car would have never passed inspection! It even had a hole in the floor in the back seat area. When we rode in the car we had to keep our feet up. It was awful! But we were so excited just to have a car!! The moral of the story: We learn how to make do with what we have. From raising my own family I can tell you, my husband and I learned how to make do. No doubt you and your husband do the same and as long as you create a loving environment, your kids will think back on their childhood with fond memories. No matter if there were material things they did not have. They had parents who loved them. That's what mattered.
@Srbageldog (8227)
I'm sorry to hear that. Do you guys have health insurance? Some low-income insurances (like medicaid) offer transportation to those who need it. That's how I get to and from appointments. It's been a huge relief not having to rely on friends and family to shuttle me around (and possibly not be able to take me at the last minute.) Maybe something you could look into.
@Srbageldog The kids have insurance, Johnny and I do not. They need advance notice and they want to get "too" involved in your life when you have kids if you know what I mean. I won't take that chance-I cannot stand social workers.
@LovingMyBabies Ahh, I see. I don't blame you! I don't really trust social workers either (and I don't have kids -- but I've seen too many families have bad experiences with them.)
@kobesbuddy (52923)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'm so sorry to hear that you had to cancel Josiah's appt:( God will make a way, for his next doctor's visit!
@kobesbuddy Thank you. Yes He will!
@kobesbuddy (52923)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Patients is a tough lesson, that I've been learning this past week:(