Yippee It's Friday!!

Are you doing the dance of joy because today is Friday? I'm sure those of you who work are happy to see the weekend. I remember when I worked how happy I was to have the weekend off. Now I'm retired so weekends are pretty much the same for me as the rest of the week. This time next week it will be Black Friday and the biggest shopping day. For me, I can't even be tempted to venture out and deal with crowds no matter how big the bargain. Are you a Black Friday shopper? I prefer to shop online and I'm already seeing some good deals. My biggest problem is what to buy for my grandchildren. As they grow older they have specific things in mind so I'm hoping their moms will give me some ideas soon. I really don't want to wait until the last minute to have to shop. Plus I notice that prices seem to increase the closer we get to Christmas. Anyway, I still have two birthdays to get through this month. My son is law turns 50 on Tuesday and then my Aunt is at the end of the month and she'll be 93. Thanksgiving is right in the middle of the birthdays. Not much happening here in my little corner of the myLot world. What's going on with you this Friday?
Nothing really going on here. It feels like mid November. I have some weekend plans but today I am just going to do some cleaning and a couple of errands.
Nothing going on here either. I'm just getting the house ready to start decorating for the holidays
Like you I'm retired so Friday for me means I'll be staying home for 3 days, I've learned that if I need to go out and about, especially during the school months, it's best to make it between Monday and Thursdays and here I don't tackle I10 until after 9am, I hate all the rush hour kadunk.
I also try to do all my errands etc during the week days as the weekends seem to be more hectic
The worst part of shopping this time of year is when parents take their sick kids with them so that everyone else can get sick as well @Marilynda1225 it just makes no sense to me because it's also not good for sick kids to be out and about.
same here.Same ole same ole
Same old, same old isn't so bad
@Marilynda1225 no not bad yet
@responsiveme (14438)
Was all set for weekend but plans may change due to urgent matter at job
Hope your weekend goes well and that your job doesn't interfere
@Marilynda1225 yes, it got sorted out and now free for the weekend.Thanks
@peachpurple (10708)
It is Friday night, late night mylotting, I think I will be night owl for today
My night owl nights are long gone. I'm too old now to stay up past midnight
@peachpurple (10708)
@Marilynda1225 how old are you? The longest is 4am for me
I also prefer to shop online, not for grocery, but for many things it is so much easier. We have no celebrations at all in November.
The holidays are right around the corner so I'm sure you'll be busy enough once December gets here
@Marilynda1225 We are going to have a very quiet Christmas this year, I count on a relaxed December.
I have never been shopping on a Black Friday. I'm too find of my sanity!
Only crazy people go shopping on Black Friday
@Madshadi (4883)
• Brussels, Belgium
I love Fridays because it’s a short day at work. But I still work on Saturday morning so it’s not a free weekend for me yet. Enjoy your Friday
Short work day on Friday kind of gives you some extra time.
@Madshadi (4883)
• Brussels, Belgium
@Marilynda1225 it sure does. Now off to work again
I agree about being retired. Weekends have lost significance.
I wouldn't trade retirement for those working days again would you?
@Marilynda1225 Not in the climate in this day and age.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Yes! Yipeee!!! Love it as I`ll be going to enjoy weekend!
You certainly sound very excited for the weekend so ENJOY!!!!!
@Marilynda1225 Yes. Had a great weekend!
Since I don't have to work weekends anymore, it's a lot more wonderful.
I figured you appreciate your weekends now that you have the new job
Noone I know has weekends off besides my aunt and thats because she's a teacher.. Everyone else usually works at least one weekend day, and has days off during the week. My weekends are the same as weekdays too, besides when I babysit my cousins and nieces and nephews on the weekends. No black friday shopping here, did it once and never again too crowded and too many people with BO. Don't online shop either, unless we cant find what we want in store.
Black Friday shopping is for those who are crazy enough to look for bargains
@Marilynda1225 which is us, but not worth the literal headache
Every day is Friday for me, my favorite day of all time! I never shop on Black Friday. I dislike those type of sales and crowds. Besides, I'm happy visiting with my kids and grandkids.
Black Friday shopping is for crazy people
I have never done the Black Friday thing. Even everyday shopping is filled with far too many people for me. Son and his wife will come for dinner tonight. Busy young couple they are.
Enjoy your dinner with your son his wife. All young couples seem to be very busy these days
I have to run to work for a couple hours, then I have my day off!
Hope you enjoyed your day today
Oh, yeah! I love Fridays!
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
like you I will probably not venture out shopping... on black friday...but i'm keeping an eye on a couple of items on line ... hope to pick up a bargain... lol
@sallypup (21968)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Its now Saturday. Yesterday I had supper out, hubby went to a union meeting. I snooped in the Goodwill, decided there was nothing that I had to have or die without. I like Saturday cause I do not have to drive hubby to work. I did not sleep in as planned due to a demanding cat. A little headache is trying to barge in cause I am quite tired but here I am! My Mom's 96th birthday is right on Thanksgiving. Its not a busy month for me cause I do not go anywhere, and we are not roasting a turkey.
• Marion, Kansas
My daughter has a Thanksgiving Birthday, brother just had his. Son has a birthday that week and so does my older sister. I do not do any happy dance until I get home Friday evening.
@sjvg1976 (14632)
We don't have offs on Friday here so for us Friday is like any other day of the week. But of course we wait for Sunday to come.