Why Do I Let It Bother Me?

photo courtesy of pixabay
Hello mylotters!! I have something that is weighing on my mind and since you are my friends and aren't personally involved in the situation, I decided to ask you your thoughts or opinions. Since it's hunting season and my husband works for the Game and Parks he had his mom sign up on their list that when they catch a poacher or some one donates a deer, they will bring you one. My husband always helps his mom skinning and cutting it up and she'll share with us. After my dad passed away I inherited a grinder that he made. So most of the time a lot of our deer meat ends up ground up. So the husband asked me if he should ask his mom if she wanted any of her deer meat ground up, would I be o.k. if she brought some over and that I would grind it up for her, if that would be o.k? I said yeah, if she brought her deer meat over I would grind it up for her. That night he went over and asked her. She would like some deer meat ground up, but she didn't want to come to "my" house!!! She also told my husband she would give him some meat for me to grind up for her, but I would have to cut it up!!! Now, I don't know what I have ever done to her that she doesn't want to come to my house??? (She was just over to give our dog, Pandora some bones.) Also, if I have to chunk the meat up and grind it....I'm keeping it!! Maybe I'm just taking it to personal, but apparently she hates me soo much she doesn't want to even be in my house and wait for me to grind her meat up!! All, I can do is to pray that God takes away her hatred and that I don't become her!!! ~Peace~
@TheSojourner (17454)
I have often wondered why in-law relationships can be so troublesome. I'm sorry that you've had that situation. How long have you been in her life? Is this some new thing for her?
I was married to her son back in 1987 and was married for 5 years. Then I "reentered" back into the family going on 9 years now. She's always had this thing about her daughter-in-laws, she likes one and hates the others. The one she hated then becomes her favorite..like a vicious circle! It's never been this bad before. Another thing that gets me, is she doesn't confront me, she goes though my husband.
@STOUTjodee So, you and your husband reunited, and she doesn't like that. Sounds like she is extremely passive-aggressive. I'm so sorry you have to go through that.
@CoralLevang ,especially when I try to get along with her.
I think it could be an age thing, is she very old? I'm betting she doesn't hate you.
She does have mental issues that are going untreated. She is 77 years old.
It is very likely she has dementia which should be addressed @STOUTjodee she may require someone to live with her.
@STOUTjodee perhaps her hippocampal region of her brain is actually being compromised with an over production of the stress hormone we women have lots of called CORTISOL ? How well does she manage stress ?
I don't want to jump to the conclusion that age merits being distant, evasive or even nasty BUT if she is older and probably less active, why not grind up the meat you will have to cut up cause the joy in having her eat as well as you, would be priceless
She probably wouldn't want me to do that either, because she would say I was trying to poison her!!
@STOUTjodee well YOU KNOW you would not poison her so just consider her mental state at this time and just keep doing things that are pleasant for her despite the nastiness
That eould get to me too. There is no reason for her to be that way towards you. Afterall you offered to do it for her.
That is sad. Does your husband have any idea why she will not bring the meat to you? You have two ways to handle it. One you can be a better person that her and grind the meat for her and have take it over to her yourself or you can grind it up and keep it for yourself and say screw her.