I can’t wait for this party I was just invited to!

My kids and I were just invited to what sounds like a really fun party. It is so cold here so I am assuming it will be inside our relatives house. It will be the weekend after this one. It is a dinner so I need to think of a dish to make and share. The best part of get together are all the different foods to eat. I am shy so I don’t socialize much. I just usually sit and watch everything going on. Anyway what sounds really fun about this party is they are doing a fun auction. Everyone who comes is to wrap something up to auction off using fake bids (no money). What is wrapped can be a new gift or something gently used or something silly and useless. The family has done two of these auctions in the past that I attended and they were such a fun time. I have a brand new toy my son didn’t want that I will auction off and same thing with my daughter. For myself I will be wrapping up some books I have read. I also want to make a silly one by wrapping an empty wine bottle. By the shape of it they may think it’s full and bid on it but it won’t be There is going to be limited room at this party and it is also hunting season so I’m not sure if I will bother inviting my ex and his son since he almost never goes to anything with me. Although he is coming over tonight and making me vegetarian risotto I believe.
@bunnybon7 (33102)
• Holiday, Florida
I missed some time on here. did you marry that ex? or he just became more of a friend from boyfriend. curious. sounds like good food at least and sounds like a fun party you are going to.
He and I have broken up and gotten back together to many times to count in the past 5 years. This really is the last straw if things don’t work out he will be blocked on Facebook and texts so I can move on. He has commitment issues. The past few months he has wanted the milk without buying the cow so I am being firm about a commitment first. The last time we broke up we he said he didn’t have time for me but he just never made time. If you read down where I commented to Shayloveskay you will see how last night wound up when he came over.
That sounds a great party. So you get to keep the item if your bid is the highest?
Yep but since it is just fake bids you don't lose out on any money if what you unwrap you do not like. It's going to be really fun to watch some people really get into the bidding wanting something so bad and then its junk when they open it.
@shaggin It sounds a lot of fun. I'll have to try this next party we have. It's a bit like the game where people swap Christmas gifts.
@JudyEv I think the people who attend your party would enjoy it. I will write a post next week about the party with more details :)
What a fun idea for the party! I may borrow that for a party of my own. I just know you will have fun! Love your ideas
@shaggin I agree with your ex. Someone would definitely be disappointed. Will let you know! lol
@DianneN I wish it was warmer then I could paint the bottle and seal it after. A pretty Christmas decoration they would have then. I can’t use the sealer outside in this cold the nozzle just freezes up.
@zarlamain (23947)
Have fun!
I am sure I will! How was the baby shower?
@zarlamain (23947)
@shaggin Awesome! Perfect!
That does sound like a party that will be a lot of fun!!!
It will be so fun its going to be hard to wait a whole week until the day arrives. It is my late husbands family and they are so fun to be around.
@FayeHazel (11746)
That fake gift auction sounds way fuN!
I was just telling my kids about it and my daughter is so excited. She went and started a painting she wants to put in the auction. She’s an excellent artist so whoever gets it should be very happy.
That party does sound like a lot of fun. I like the idea of doing a gift auction like what you are talking about. Is this a holiday party or just a party to get together with the family and friends?
I asked the same thing since it is right around Thanksgiving but my father in law said no. On the paper it said it is to celebrate everyone’s birthday in 2017. Basically just to have a fun party it seems.
Enjoy the party, and the auction sounds fun.
I am sure my kids and I will have a great time. My exes son will be at his mothers we found out last night so I assume my ex will hunting and not be going to the party with us.
Sounds like a fun party and I like the auction part.
It will be so fun I can’t wait to go and write here about it after.
That sounds like a fun party! Hope you had lots of fun! :)
We are all looking forward to it. Just a few more days now.
@shaggin Oh I see! Sounds exciting. I wonder how the you'll get fake money to buy at the auction?
@infatuatedbby I’ve been to two of these silly auctions and for some reason I cannot remember how the auction auction went.
@YrNemo (8593)
Sounds like a good party. Hope you and your ex sort things out (I read your replies to others). If he doesn't want to compromise, better to move on. You are still young to do so, and time has a habit of flying when we don't notice.
It's been 5 years of being pushed away and pulled back by the ex. I didn't realize until a few months ago just how long this has been going on.
@YrNemo (8593)
@shaggin All the best to your future .
@YrNemo thank you!
That definitely sounds like fun.
I am looking forward to it for sure!
@shaggin goood, you should be. You deserve a good time
@Courtlynn how sweet thank you so much!
@Tina30219 (26630)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sounds like a fun party enjoy. Your gift ideas sound like a good idea.
This was what I had thought of why I need to finish a few books quick to give as a gift. I have been giving them to a family friend so I don't have any that I have finished.
@Tina30219 (26630)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Yeah then I guess you better make time to get them read before party time.
@Tina30219 Now if only mylot was not so addicting for me ha ha
@Shellyann36 (8618)
That sounds like so much fun! I hope you all enjoy it. I have been to a similar Christmas party at work once a long time ago. Everyone brought a gift and we all pulled numbers. The numbers matched the gift and the person who had 1 went first. Each person thereafter could keep the gift they drew or trade it with a person who drew before them.
That’s cool they were allowed to trade. I think I might be embarrassed to trade feeling I would offend the gifter. One time I got chocolate candy I didn’t like and a couple kids asked if they could have some and I let them have them all but didn’t tell anyone I didn’t like the candy ha ha
It's nice to have fun with the ex's mine wants to come tonight. I said no but I might change my mind.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Oh so nice! sounds good and fun! Enjoy!
These are wonderful people and it is going to be so much fun!