Went to the supermarket to buy toilet paper and ended up spending about $110...

My husband and I went to the supermarket yesterday to buy toilet paper, bounty, and hand soap, things we are almost out of. We ended up leaving the store with about $110 worth of stuff. When I saw the receipt, my mouth dropped open. I couldn't believe the total was so high. That's one expensive toilet paper shopping trip. Almost wish we hadn't gone to the store. Have you ever gone to the store for a few items and ended up leaving the store with a shopping cart full of stuff and a huge spending amount?
@Scrapper88 (1202)
I did that a few times. I hope you did not forget the toilet paper and hand soap.
No because I normally take what I am willing to spend. Not even a wallet will be on me. It could be $20 that is all I am leaving the house with.
It is hard to keep to the list.
I don't think we've ever gone shopping and come home with just what was on our order. I'm sure you're in good company with this.
Too many times to count. Especially with food / drinks.
All the time. I would end up spending that much and more and forget to buy the items i went there to get.
That will happen for sure.
@Madshadi (4537)
• Brussels, Belgium
Happens to me very often.
All the time, even with a list. lol. I spent $229 at CVS yesterday. I only ran in to buy contact lens solution!!!!
Oh yes, I do that regularly. That's how the supermarkets make such big profits. In the old days we went into the local shop, asked for the item we wanted and walked out again.
That was a whole lotta t-paper!
Yes, I have often been surprised at how many "extras" make their way into my cart.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Well you're the ones to blame. So it wouldn't really be that big of a suprise. Or shouldn't .
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
I don`t know but everytime we go to a store or supermarket the plan was only a few and ended up a lot I guess those stores have some temptation there