Quick post from library: Movies/Shows I am bringing home

@CoralLevang (40825)
Thankfully, I've gotten through the current notifications in this past hour. I like the concentrated time I spend on the computer, when I am here at the library. Now, with three-and-a-half-minutes left, I am going to lose this post, if I don't hurry! I am going home for the weekend with five DVD cases: The English Patient Anesthesia The Affair, season 2 A United Kingdom The Office, season 1 I have a another movie already at home, and I have one minute to post this, or I would look it up now! I better hit the "start discussion" button!
I can't remember if I have seen The English Patient. I may have and don't remember it. Now I have to look it up to see if I have.
Guess I didn't see it. Thought to watch it though. How was it Coral?
@CoralLevang (40825)
@ElusiveButterfly I have not yet watched it. I am still trying to make my way through short series first before I start on the movies.
@CoralLevang I have a couple of television programs that I want to watch. Unfortunately I haven't the time to do so.
I'm glad you got it posted. I've only heard of The English Patient.
@CoralLevang (40825)
Do you watch a lot of movies?
@CoralLevang I like to watch them, but there isn't always a movie I'm interested in.
@CoralLevang (40825)
@just4him I just pick things up at the library. Then I watch the previews before the movie and put the names of the ones that interest me based on those trailers.
Hope you enjoy them all
@CoralLevang (40825)
Thank you!
You are fast...enjoy yoir weekend and your movies.
@CoralLevang (40825)
I'm going to try to get through some of them today! I just finished a shower and I need to head to the grocery store, and then I'm going to stay at home and get things done and turn the movie on while I'm doing other things.
You seize the minute ,seize the second and cut it fine.I have not known of those films.Happy weekend !
@CoralLevang (40825)
Thank thank you so much for your kind words. Do you like to watch films? Do you have a favorite?
@CoralLevang I don't watch films from DVD,sometimes online.I am not much of a filmgoer.
@CoralLevang (40825)
@changjiangzhibin89 Do you have a favorite film that you have seen?
@bluesa (12851)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Some quiet time is so precious. Enjoy all the movies/shows! And great that you managed to get this discussion out. Have a wonderful Saturday. :)
@CoralLevang (40825)
I had no quiet time yesterday! Hopefully I'll have some today! Do you have a favorite movie?
@bluesa (12851)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@CoralLevang , The First Wives Club, I just love it when they sing "You Don't Own Me" and there are sad and funny moments. Do you have a favourite movie?
@CoralLevang (40825)
@bluesa My favorite all-time movie is "The Wizard of Oz".... Two other movies I have enjoyed and watched six times each are "The Devil's Advocate," and "Patch Adams."
Can't say I'm familiar with those titles. I know The Office. Enjoy your movies. How long can you keep the movies before you need to return these?
@CoralLevang (40825)
It all depends on the length of the DVDs. Most you get one week. But if it's 4 hours or more for the series then you get 3 weeks.
@CoralLevang that's long enough. Thanks for answering my inquiry.
@CoralLevang (40825)
@allen0187 You're welcome.
@ridingbet (37922)
i hope you will enjoy your movie-watching
@CoralLevang (40825)
I may have to watch them this week in the evenings. Today's going to be a busy one
You will have to report your thoughts on them!
@CoralLevang (40825)
I will certainly try to remember. I have not been on here for a day or so
@peachpurple (11003)
enjoy your day
@CoralLevang (40825)
You, too!
I think I remember on Sienfield years ago, they were talking about how everyone loved the English Patient and Jerry was talking about how much he disliked it (or some of the characters were saying that?). I hadn't seen the movie yet, but then after I saw that episode of Sienfield, I actually saw the movie and I was shocked...contrary to how they felt, I actually really liked that movie! I hope you enjoy the dvd's:).
@CoralLevang (40825)
For some for some reason I think I've seen it before, but I'll watch it again. I just haven't had much time to do anything! I have a guest coming from Australia here in a few days and I have so much to do
@kobesbuddy (19709)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Our library doesn't have a time limit, but they should. Enjoy these movies, they sound good.
@CoralLevang (40825)
Hopefully I'll get to some of them!
@responsiveme (14414)
Seen only the first one. What's the affair about apart from being about an affair? An ok affair or a star-crossed one. Went for another movie last Sunday...Feel good movie about a homemaker who is trying out her hand at a job...She hosts a show eventually... Tumhari Sulu.
@CoralLevang that's what I was asking about? Did I send you the add? Did you get your sleep?
@CoralLevang (40825)
@responsiveme no sleep. Just plugging along today. No address yet.
@CoralLevang sorry sorry...will send right now
• Preston, England
The English Patient is great, both the UK and US versions of The Office are good too - not seen the others listed here though
@CoralLevang (40825)
I still I still have a couple of episodes from a mini series called "The Anzac Girls" to finish up. I didn't know that there was a British version of The Office. I would probably enjoy that much more than the American version
• Preston, England
@CoralLevang they are both good. The British version came out first - the creator, Ricky Gervais, makes a guest appearance in a late epiode of the American version too
@CoralLevang (40825)
@arthurchappell I enjoy Gervais.
I saw the English patient a lont time ago. It was very good then.
@CoralLevang (40825)
I know that I have not watched it, as I'm in the first 15 minutes and nothing looks familiar.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Yikes! I'm not sure that I've seen any of these! I must have had my head in the sand.
@CoralLevang (40825)
I never used to watch movies or shows. This is a rather recent thing for me. I had my head in the sand a lot.