Do You See What I See?

@Morleyhunt (16800)
Driving down the highway with my husband, we both look out of the same windshield. Side by side, at the same time, in the same place.....I notice the helicopter on a flatbed truck. Hubby sees the deer on the side of the road. I spot the tire cover on the back of the SUV that passes us. Hubby notices the flashing light a mile ahead. Sometime when we describe what we have noticed....I wonder if we were together. Do you notice things others don't see?
We are like this too when we're driving - always pointing out to each other. And only occasionally has the other person seen the same thing.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
Doesn't it sometimes make you wonder if you were together?
@Morleyhunt Yes, it does a bit. And another thing - Vince sees any weird and wonderful car that we pass and I notice paddocks with livestock in them!
It's all about what catches your eye, apparently you and your hubby don't have the same interests, that's gotta make life interesting.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
It sure does. Yesterday we spent the entire day travelling. My husband stops much more often than I would if travelling alone.
That makes for even more fun @Morleyhunt when he stops it gives you an opportunity to take pictures (hint hint)
@Morleyhunt (16800)
@rebelann there was no time for picture taking. we had miles to go.
I I 7sed to see thiong others did not see but that was before I came ere of crse
@Morleyhunt (16800)
We are looking in different directions. We each seem to. To ice different things.
• Marion, Kansas
@Hatley you share what you see out your window all the time. I know it is just not the same.
Yes you are right! I see stuff more like you and for sure Tony see`s that deer. But other times I spot the animals and he doesn`t
@Morleyhunt (16800)
Part of what keeps life interesting.
@UncleJoe (8618)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Having driven professionally for so many years I tend to "see" more than the average driver, but mostly pertaining to traffic and not so much the landscape. Of course I see more than Becky because she falls asleep.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
I sometimes fall asleep. Hate when that happens while I'm the one driving.
All of the time, I think that's what makes going for a drive with my hubby so much fun.
I do in other people's houses. It amazes me that people overlook something that needs to be done. Cobwebs for instance, I can see them lurking in corners where others can't. But, I tend to not see the obvious most of the time. LOL.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
I notice the cobwebs when I'm on the phone. Funny...I'm sure they weren't there an hour earlier.
@Morleyhunt I find them harder to see in my own home, until company arrives that is.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
@ElusiveButterfly I'm sure to spot one when guests arrive.
@peachpurple (10707)
I sleep all the time when hubby is driving, I don't see anything
@Morleyhunt (16800)
I try to stay awake. Yesterday we were on the road for 14 hours...then add stops. We headed out at 2:30 AM and arrived at our days destination at 7:30 PM. This morning we will be driving another 3.5 hours.
@ilocosboy (33308)
he he, your focus were different, maybe that's why.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
Maybe that's why we are so well suited.
@sjvg1976 (14714)
Yes I do and it's interesting that while are at same place but we notice different things
@Morleyhunt (16800)
That keeps life interesting.
@cahaya1983 (9723)
Most of the time I do. I think it's interesting how people see different things although they're looking from the same angle, maybe it's just how we focus on certain things more than others.
@Morleyhunt (16800)
Some days I notice things hubby normally spots. Yesterday he was the one to point out a store I like to frequent.
@Luap1050 (377)
We all have two eyes ( unless you wear glasses! ) , but it's amazing what the combination of the brain and those eyes see or do not see. I definitely think males and females do perceive some things totally differently for sure !
• Eugene, Oregon
If you were driving, I wonder if you would be more focused on those things he saw? Through a driver's eyes, I mean.
• Marion, Kansas
99% of the time hubby sees the wildlife, and I miss it or just barely get a glimpse. I hear a lot more things than he does, though.
Sometimes, it depends what it is.
@tom_view (2688)
• Kolkata, India
sometimes yes sometimes no.
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
One things for sure @Morleyhunt , you guys don't need a rearview or side mirrors. You got it covered.
@YrNemo (8744)
Driving with my daughter in the passenger seat, I told her of certain things I saw on the way, and she promptly told me she didn't see them, but asking me if I had seen something else instead...
Yes I do, my husband seems never to notice things.
@LoriAMoore (10162)
Yeah, no matter if I say "Honey, look at that lady on the right" he always looks left. Goofy husband!