Judging others.

Everyone here does it. Myself included. Even those who say they don't. And especially those who "shouldn't" because of being a certain religion. See it here everyday. But what I don't get is how you can say or think someone is a bad person, just based off them saying how they feel about something - or if they eat leftovers. Etc. Bad people aren't those who don't believe in or care for "god", bad people aren't those who don't eat leftovers, or even don't give to charities. Bad people are those who rape, murder, kidnap, and abuse. THOSE are bad people. And those are the only ones you should judge, if anyone. Get it together people.!
I try really hard not to be judgmental. My mother always said nasty things about everyone and it got me thinking that way and now I see it in my niece who lives with her. There’s not a darn thing wrong with you choosing not to eat leftovers I was just curious what your reason was one of my exes didn’t either. It’s your life and your choice. I personally choose to eat them because I hate wasting things but that doesn’t mean everyone else has to feel that way just because I do.
My Aunt is that way and even her own kids hate her because of it. Its sad. And i hope your niece stops behaving that way.. especially if she's still young. It wasn't about you. I liked that you asked questions and got info instead of judging like others did. I hate wasting to. But not going to force myself to eat leftovers. Especially not to please others.
@Courtlynn I don’t eat crust on bread so that’s what I waste. My mom picks on me for being in my 30s and still not eating the crust but she won’t eat crust on pizza. Her excuse when I point that out is that she is cutting back on calories... so then I tell her so am I... grrr how annoying she can’t just admit she doesn’t like it!
@shaggin my mom only eats crust on certain pizzas as not all pizzas have soft crust ans she has no teeth.
Good for you for telling others off who judge others. It is wrong to judge and people get hurt when they are judged.
Yes, when its for things people shouldnt be judging its definitely wrong.
@kobesbuddy (19709)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Judgement is never O.K. All people are equal, in every way. There are none who don't make mistakes, or do bad things. If we are human, these characteristics are born inside of us. Religion doesn't make a person good or bad, because all people do things wrong.
We all make mistakes, or do things others wouldn't like not eat leftovers, etc which is no excuse to judge them. but there's a huge difference between those, and the actual BAD things in life that happen everyday. Like rape, murder, abuse, etc. Those are things people belong being judged for.
facts don't lie.
?
@peachpurple (11032)
Judging others is bad enough to kill someone's pride
@shivamani10 (10702)
• Hyderabad, India
This is totally a relative concept. There is no such thing like Good or Bad.
@tammys85 (8682)
We all do it, but I agree, not sharing the same views as me doesn't make them a bad person. I try not to be judgemental because I don't like when it is done to me. Unfortunately, I feel the need to pick and choose what I share online because of people being judgemental. :-/
Right. I always have too, but shoulsnt have to be that way.
@tammys85 (8682)
@Courtlynn I know. :-/
@tammys85 sucks but life
@Srbageldog (5487)
That is such a dumb thing to judge someone over. I don't eat leftovers, so what of it? That doesn't make me (or anyone else) a bad person. You are right, rapists, murderers, kidnappers, and abusers are the bad people in the world. Whether someone eats leftovers or not is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. There are a lot of judgmental people in the world, though. Sometimes religious people are the most judgmental, even though it goes against their religion.
Exactly my point! They arent supposed to yet do, soooo much. Yet get mad when people dont believe in a thing they dont even care to respect and honor by not judging. crazies man.
@Courtlynn Yep, it's nuts. But, I don't follow a religion that preaches not to judge others, so I just judge them right back for being hypocrites.
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
Of course we are all judgmental! It's just human nature. However, I do try my best not to judge people based on their situations, the color of their skin, or the religion they practice. But I admit, sometimes it's hard. I think we have a lot of learned behaviors (both good and bad) that are ingrained in us from an early age, and sometimes they are hard to overcome. But I do try my best to be a good person to everyone I come in contact with.
And you're a great man from what I've talked to you
@moffittjc (35708)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Courtlynn Thanks Courtney, I appreciate that!
No, we shouldn't judge. You're good to make this point and to call someone out when its been done.
It happens every day here, it's disgusting. Thats whats wring with this world.
@Madshadi (4794)
• Brussels, Belgium
I dislike when people judge others based on little knowledge.
Right.
@sugartoes (34714)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I don't judge & if you think I do then you really don't know me as well as you think you do I was just saying that we eat leftovers & everyone has their way of different things than others do so if anyone needs to get it together would be those that THINK they know someone they really don't.
@Bluedoll (16822)
"what I don't get is.." - Courtney J .. not about here, nor what we read in the news, or even about what someone believes in when it is connected to religion. Not everyone believes the same thing but I believe that the bible has made it clear to me that "bad" or "sin" means when mistakes are made. Which is pretty much everyone. So we can all relax on the religious part?
You obviously don't understand my post, but that's okay. But there's a difference between making mistakes, and being a bad person. One thing you do that someone doesn't agree with doesn't make you a bad person, or take away all the good you do in life, yet people here make it out that way all the time.
@Bluedoll (16822)
@Courtlynn I agree on the judging that goes on and the part about making someone look bad because of one difference. You are right it is usually a series of events that turns someone bad in the eyes of society. It was just that you mentioned God and religion so I wanted to share my feelings on that part. I think a lot of people misread and apply the bible even if they have good intentions unjustly. If I think someone is brow beating me because of religion I keep in mind they aren't any better (in God's eyes) than anyone else really.
@Bluedoll the religion part was only a small part and not the reason for my post. So to me its not important to comment on, but most who judge are ones who are religious - and by thwir religion, shouldnt be judging.