Do you ignore or pick up a cent on the floor?

There was a post I made a few days about how I picked up a dollar ( 50 peso) bill with out anyone noticing. I defended that there was no one else around and it was like that for more than ten minutes. This time I was heading home, and saw this quarter on the floor. But for some reason I decided to ignore it and move on, hoping for other people to pick it up instead. Or the lady was looking on the side, but not the quarter. Did you ever look at the quarter / cent and what did you do with it?
I would have picked it up if no-one else had.
Hello @JudyEv yeah, others would have pick it up anyways.
Yes I pick up any money.
Hello @andriaperry I'm sure most of them are not fake, you never know you could save them for a big cash.
@Madshadi (4892)
• Brussels, Belgium
A coin under 0.5€ is not worth anything here. I don’t pick it up
Hello @Madshadi maybe if you pick more a lot .5 of that it could be something big.
@Madshadi (4892)
• Brussels, Belgium
@Letranknight2015 yeah but shops don’t accept coins that are less than 0.5€.
I pick up quarters. I found a cent today at the gym but didnt pick it up because I wouldn't have anywhere to put it.
Hello @infatuatedbby well, there's always the piggy bank or something similar.
@Letranknight2015 What do you mean? I don't bring a coin bag or anything to the gym.
@infatuatedbby if you have a coin storage or something in your home you can always put it there. I don't know the right term for it it's usually just called piggy bank..i have here that looks like a dice.
I always pick up money, no matter what it is.
@zarlamain (23947)
It depends. Sometimes, I'll pick up a coin if the surrounding area isn't busy.
Hello @zarlamain yeah you could also do that.
@zarlamain (23947)
@Letranknight2015 Yes, I tend to do that sometimes.
I doubt that one can find a penny on the floor in Canada, as we have eliminated the penny a few years back.
Hello @marlina wow, maybe I should check what should of money do you use now, you mean you don't use coins anymore? that's weird.
@Letranknight2015 We still use coins, except the penny, it's gone for ever.
@YrNemo (8678)
I don't care for germs or dirt on the roads, so unless it is a significant amount of money (US $5 or above), I won't bother I think. UNLESS it is an old and interesting coin. (I often ignore money on the road!)
Hello @YrNemo I wonder if there are other odd uninteresting coins out there.
@YrNemo (8678)
@Letranknight2015 My husband found a 1964 New Zealand coin while doing gardening. From our travelling, we got quite a collection of other currencies from China, Korea, India, US, New Zealand, Japan, etc. (I think we also have some currency from your country too, but I can't be sure. We visited Manila twice, about 3 months altogether, work related!)
I found bigger one at one time, but, have not found anything on the ground lately.
Hello @Hannihar well, people had pick up a lot faster than you did, you will get lucky next time.
@Letranknight2015 ok and thanks LK.
@Ithink (6793)
Yes I pick up any money I see and GCs too, hubby found one it was a gas card and it had $6.01 on it. I hardly ever find anything but pennies, but I pick them up!
Hello @Ithink I didn't realize there is gas card? Maybe there are some available here but Im not sure yet.
@Ithink (6793)
@Letranknight2015 It is a prepaid gift card at a gas station, you can use it for anything if you wanted but we use them for gas, you save 5 cents per gallon.
@cahaya1983 (9678)
I wouldn't pick it up simply because it's not mine, regardless of the value.
Hello @cahaya1983 okay, that's your decision I respect it.
I'm a germaphobe, so I usually don't pick up money off the ground, plus if it's a lot of money (not a dollar), then they may come back and look for it and that would be sad if they couldn't find it. I love the picture.
Hello @misunderstood_zombie That's a wise choice, you may never know if there's a virus like STD on the quarter. That made me realize not to pick quarters anymore.
@yanzalong (8869)
I usually pick it up.
Hello @yanzalong I get you my friend.
If I see money I will pick it up, but if I knew it was someones I would give it to them.
Hello @TRBRocks420 I agree and besides some one else who had a pick it up anyways.
@prashu228 (22652)
Yes of course. I pick up.
Hello @prashu228 well, nothing wrong with that. what quarter had you pick up?
@sjvg1976 (14632)
I have picked money found on the floor/road many times.
Hello @sjvg1976 I guess people don't really keep quarters most of the time.
@skysnap (17580)
Ignore.
Wow, really? you could ignore a quarter? @skysnap
@lady1993 (15616)
i do not pick up money that is not mine no matter the value, unless it is a wallet, then i'd give it to a guard or something
Hello @lady1993 well, if the wallet has a valid ID then i would find a way to bring it back to the owner, like I did the last time.
I pick up any coin I see. It adds up.
Hello @JohnRoberts one coin makes a difference though, besides I used to collect cents and put it in one place.
@ilocosboy (33293)
I always pick 25 centavos when I see one, except when I'm rushing and picking is costing me few seconds to my appointments, he he.
Hello @ilocosboy I don't really pick up those but I do collect some of them. Not to mention if you put them in one place.