Day Nineteen -

Today I'm thankful for pain. Whether it be physical pain that hurts but reminds me I'm still alive, or emotional pain from a heartache caused by a break up.. abuse.. or loss of a child.. etc I am forever thankful for my pains. As they've helped shape me into a much stronger person. Photo is mine. Made it using paint on my laptop.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
Yes you are right pain makes us strong and make us capable of tolerating them if they come again in future.
Yea they do! For most anyways
Yes, pain can be what pushes us forward and strengthens us from the very core. I know that you've got that strength.
Very much so! Also taught it by seeing what my mom has been through with abuse, and leaving the man, and focusing on her kids instead of a man, which many women dont do anymore. You have the strength too! Maybe not from pain but you have it
@Courtlynn My pain has taught me to be thankful for the parts of my body that have the pain. Whenever I see someone who is missing limbs I think of that.
You are so right . Pain- whether emotional or physical- reminds us that we are alive - a good place to be - and the pain won't last forever.
Some pain does last forever, like losing a child. It just gets easier to live with for some people
@Kandae11 sadly
The loss of a child is a pain you never get over.
Never ever
I agree but for different reasons. Being in any kind of pain reminds me to focus on the Lord and to keep my faith because God is my healer. =) I know, I know. I was just telling you my thoughts on it.
Not gonna lie, I laughed a little at the "I know, I know" part. Lol. Glad we have the friendship we do even with the differences we have thats some real friendship shyt.
@FayeHazel (17981)
Pain warns us something is wrong. I love your strength in posting this.
Thank you Faye!
@Shellyann36 (9513)
We are shaped by our pain. I am sure that your pain has made you in a very strong young woman who can and will survive anything.
Pain really does serve an important purpose in our lives.
I think so
@Fishmomma (11504)
I agree some pain doesn't go away and losing a child is painful. In my case the pain that comes and goes is back, as sheep shearing so many years was hard on me. Many of the sheep weighed more than me.
You are right about pain shaping us into stronger individuals.
@amnabas (10282)
• Karachi, Pakistan
Pains really make us strong.
I will dispute you here. Most pain is not welcome especially emotional. But to each his own.
Well it is about things I'm thankful for.. and i am thankful for it all. so yeah.. lol