Would you like to have a house on the beach?

This is one of many people's dreams (I include myself here) because it must really be fantastic to have a house on the beach. Feel the wind more strongly, smell the sea and be able to see the sun more "closely" (just to name a few good reasons). What do you say about it?
@Scrapper88 (1210)
I would not want a house by the beach. One bad hurricane can destroy the house.
My parents always had a summer house + their regular home. I wanted one when I was younger, but not anymore.
@topffer (30615)
• France
I wanted to buy a small fisher cabin above the sea during many years, until I experienced that it was not fun at all during a winter storm. It is just good for summer.
Only for the view but for the sand on my floors it could not manage it.
• Denmark
Too lonely. An invitation for burglars.
My grandfather had a beach house that I visited as a child. To live in one depends on location. I wouldn't want a beach house in the eye of a hurricane.
@peachpurple (10725)
No thanks, afraid of the tsunami
@peachpurple Fair enough.
@peachpurple (10725)
Absolutely! I would love it. I am lucky, though. I live 10 minutes from the beach now.
@NJChicaa Wow!
@sugartoes (34727)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I have never been a beach person but put me on the lake THAT'S more my speed where I don't have all that wind & I can fish without all that wind the beach has.
I think it would be great to have a house on the beach and then step on the door into the water. My only concern is the hurricanes and things that have been happening that I am not sure it would be a good idea now.
@dodo19 (28076)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I would love to live in a house by the beach. It would be so nice. I wouldn't complain. If I had the chance, I would take it in a heartbeat.
I would like one at the beach but I would also prefer to have one in the mountains as well.
Perhaps, just take some time away at the beach, but to own a house at the beach, not really. I'm not sold to the idea.