They've Done Their Homework

Our son and his wife viewed a home yesterday which is for sale. They viewed it once before, but the seller has relisted it with another real estate company and lowered the price. Our son asked us if we could join them yesterday, but we were busy, so they went on their own. I told him to listen to what is being said. A lot can be learned about why the home is on the market, and obviously HAS to be sold if they changed companies and agents. And our son listened and he asked probing questions. And he found out some helpful information. And then they face-timed us today after they slept on it. And we discussed it as a family. And we offered them our advise. And now the kids can go forward confidently knowing that they've done their homework. ~Photo is mine of our home we sold 7 months ago
It might be for the best. Good luck.
Its a really nice neighbourhood, in the old section of the city that we used to live near. Its a nice large home, with 3 bathrooms and 4 bedrooms and is situated on 1/3 of an acre lot. We advised them to sit tight for a few days, to make sure that they are completely in love with the home before going to offer.
Good luck to the young couple. It's good they had someone to talk it all over with.
Thanks, they are good for coming to us for advise.
@sallypup (28612)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I wish them luck as they search for what they need.
Thanks, they have chosen a very established and well known neighbourhood. They both like older homes, and this one is that.
@sallypup (28612)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Juliaacv That sounds nice. Older homes are sometimes gorgeous.
@sallypup This is in a very small town. It is 1 street over from the most prestigious and historic streets in that town. It was originally built for the town's audiologist, where he and his wife lived for many years. Its changed hands a couple of times since he passed away. But it was built to last and a beautiful home.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
I see. 7 months ago, you sold this house. In Italy, there are no such houses. I can only see them in American movies. It would be a pleasure for me, to live in a home like this. I hope you have earned enough on the sale.
We haven't looked back since moving from that home. We have another nice home that we are in now. Our son wants a large cape cod styled home.
@alberello75 (18677)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Ok. I see. You know, city life, like mine, is extremely different. However I'm happy for you that now you are better in your new house
@alberello75 Thanks.
I thought the house looked familiar, lol I hope that they make an informed decision about the house and wish them very good luck.
Yes, that's our old home from out in the rural village. I sort of miss that area, the city is awfully busy. But we're adjusting. Our son is looking at a 3 bathroom, 4 bedroom cap cod home. The couple selling are separating and want it sold by Christmas. The husband taught our son in high school.
I wish the lovely couple the best of luck in finding a home that is just right for them!!
Thanks, they are mulling over the facts and figures.
I hope they get what they want on a great price. They are wise to listen to you and your husband.
Thank you, they are researching facts and figures now. They did find out that the couple is living apart and want the home sold by Christmas. The kids are taking this very cautiously, they first looked at it about a month ago.
Yes I would have a lot of questions if getting a different house.
They're young, and we've bought 4 homes over the years, so they trust our opinion.
@peachpurple (12770)
It is good to listen and discuss together for solution
I hope they find the right home for them.
Thanks Valerie, I do too. We answer their questions and try our very best not to make the decision for them. They actually fell in love with the home across the street, but I suggested to them that they find something larger, and this is a larger version of that home.
@Juliaacv I like the large yard and the porch. What you show of it looks nice.
@just4him Thank you, this isn't the home that they are looking at. I used the picture because of the sold sign, this is our former home, the home where we raised him in.
@kavinitu (5061)
@Juliaacv They will definitely get beautiful house like image shows. wish you all the best to couple
Thanks, we're praying for them, they'll have sleepless night tonight I think.
@kavinitu (5061)
@Juliaacv I hope they had a good sleep and my prayers with yours.
@kavinitu Thank you. They walked away from the counter offer that they received.
Hope this works out for them and that they have you and hubby to ask for advice. Glad they aren't jumping into something without thinking about it first. I wish them the best of luck for finding their first home
Thanks, this will actually be their first home purchase together, but our son owned a home that he sold in July, so its his second. I'm pretty sure that they've done all of their research and they face-timed us a little while ago, they'll have a sleepless night tonight since they're going to offer.
It's good that they have you to act as their 'sounding board'.
We try to listen and offer what we can when they ask. But the ultimate decision is up to them. This home was built for the audiologist of the town, and is in a very nice established area. Its a fine home. But.....its their decision.
A buyer certainly has to do his or her homework. We had 4 houses too. This one is our last one.
Hopefully our last one also. We'll probably downsize to a condo about the time that we retire, or sooner. The yard work and upkeep of the home are the pitfalls at our age.
looks real nice there.continued him get more information.check out every nook and cranny. Water,cellar,any leaks etc.many do not ask these question.radon etc insulation.attic.I can go on and on
They've asked most of those and they will have a home inspection. Dad and I are more concerned about the price the current owners paid for it 12 years ago. They are asking quite a markup for it in our opinion, and my husband is guiding them towards how to make a reasonable offer.
@Shellyann36 (11273)
So glad to hear this and I hope that they get the best deal possible.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I hope they find the house of their dreams.
@MarymargII (10565)
• Toronto, Ontario
Good parental advice for sure- one should know much about a house before purchasing it- No surprises is best.
@YrNemo (14719)
They are lucky to have you to consult with.
@cahaya1983 (10038)
Buying a house can be a challenge but definitely an exciting experience. Best of luck to the couple!