Shattered Life, Broken Heart and No Reason to Live

@poehere (17793)
French Polynesia
Twelve years ago I had the pleasure to meet a young boy from Bangladesh. He was only 19 at the time, but I saw a real potential in him. He wanted to become a data recovery specialist in his country, but his parent’s had something else in mind for him. At the time I met him, he was heartbroken, had been kicked out of the University his father sent him too and was now living in a house with 9 other boys and going to another University to complete his studies. I made him a promise at that time if he would get his life together, finish school, and stop lying to his parents I’d help him open his business. I gave this young boy $300 to buy him a computer so he could finish his studies. I felt so bad for him because he didn’t even have a bed to sleep on and was sleeping on the floor of that house. He finished school, kept in touch with me and told me he met a young woman he wanted to marry. Both his parents and her parents didn’t want the two to be married. His father had already chosen the woman he would marry and her parents had chosen her husband. After, time they agreed to the marriage and the two were married. At this time I had sent him some more money like promised to open his business and start his data recovery shop. The first two years he worked at the Airport in Bangladesh and set up a small home office to do data recovery in the evenings. His wife was also working at the time. Finally, he stopped working at the airport and opened his business. He still didn’t have all the money necessary to open an office in the city so he continued to work at home. Today he is a father of two, owns a business, and he has carried the burden with him all these years that I gave him money to make all this happen. Last night we spoke on Skype and this young man sent me back almost all the money I’d given him to start his life fresh and open his business. Twelve years ago I saw a smart young man who I knew if given the chance could make something with his life. I was right and I am so proud of this young man I met all those years ago. When I gave him the money it was because I saw something in him. I never expected to be paid back. Sometimes, you just know you have met a good person and one that needs a little help so they can also see they are a good person. A shattered life, broken hearted, and no reason to live, this young man found his purpose with his life. Today he is a successful businessman and last night told me it was all because of me. He said he had no reason to go on until he met me and I encouraged him and kept pushing him. I just love happy endings and I am so proud of this young man and what he has done with this life. I am so glad I encourage the young couple to talk with their parents and give their blessing for the wedding. It has all worked out well and each of the families can’t be happier.
• Denmark
You've secured a place in heaven for yourself!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Why thank you so much. He was a good kid back then, just broken hearted and this made him do a few stupid things. Now he is on track and life is rewarding him for all his hard work and efforts.
Wonderful story Maluse. Thanks so much for suggesting it.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@JudyEv I'm so happy that you liked my story. This young man is really a good person and I am so proud of him. I saw something in him 12 years ago and I wasn't wrong. He has outdone himself and become a wonderful man, business owner and husband and father. Many people told me I was crazy to do this because I really didn't know him. But I did in my heart. We spent many hours talking online and I just knew I had made the right choice in helping him out.
@ebanreb (5960)
Everyday is a brand new day to start full of positivism and goodness. Learn to thank the lord for the new day. God bless you my friend.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
You are so right.
@ebanreb (5960)
@poehere You need to face the reality of life that it is not only happiness but there is also sorrows and pains
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@ebanreb I am not blind to any of this for sure. I have been through it all in my life and know for sure that life isn't always filled with happiness and success. You are not telling me anything I don't already know.
You were the person this young man needed to give him a good start in life!!! How proud you must be of him! He has a very good life ahead of h, and he was fortunate to have you play a part in that.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
His company is a growing success and he was invited on a live talk show in his country. He told everyone in his country if they ever wanted to start working in DR to read my books and it was all thanks to me that he has succeeded in his life and business. Yes, I am very proud of him and I told him so.
@poehere Oh, he really is one honorable fellow!!!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@Corbin5 Yes he is. He told me 12 years ago he'd pay me back everything thing I gave him. I told him it wasn't necessary I just wanted him to succeed and become a good hard drive recovery person. He kept his word and told me thank you for being so patient with him and within a few weeks he will pay back the rest of the money. I was so touched by this young man. I made the right choice back then to help him out.
How wonderful to be the key element in such a great story. As Maluse says, you'll be going straight to Heaven - by express. You are so right. Sometimes people just need that little bit of help. I am glad he acknowledges how much your help meant.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much Judy. I meet him in a class I was teaching in China. He was young, bright, and also so sad. I saw it in his eyes and how he kept to himself. After classes at night we all would go out for the evenings and eat and talk. I promised him then when he was crying one night that he would find his place in life and his happiness. I am so glad he did and I was there to help him along the way. After the class ended we kept in touch by Skype. When he started to sway off the path I would remind him and he would continue on. I'm so glad he is the young man he is today. He was a good kid back then and even a better husband, father, and businessman today. I am so proud of him.
@poehere I can only repeat - a wonderful story. It warmed my heart.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@JudyEv Thank you so much.
You were more than a mother to him.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. He was a good kid back then, but he was a little lost and had made a few mistakes. I saw how he was with hard drive and how he loved working with them. I knew one day he would make a great data recovery expert, and I wasn't wrong.
@poehere IT is a pity that his parents did not do what you did.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@marguicha No this one is not true. His father gave him so much money for school, housing, books, and food. He chose to not use the money for going to school. When he did tell his dad about what he did, his dad gave him a second chance to finish school. But this time he had to live with his cousin and his father sent the cousin the money to pay for his school, room, and food. Because he sold the computer his father bought for him his father told him he would need to earn one back. I just helped him with the computer and was there to talk with him. I think where he lives and his religion is why he was so afraid to tell his parents what happened. He didn't want an arranged marriage and he wanted to fall in love like others do around the world. He wanted to choose his own wife and not has his dad do it for him. It is a bit complicated, but I have been friends with him and his family for 13 years now. His father told me not to do what I did and I said no. I want to help your son and I think he will make you proud. Well, he did and his father told me it was hard for him to admit I was right. He said in their religion that women don't work and they don't give the man money.
@A_loves_B (1542)
He's so lucky to meet an angel like you.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
He was smart, but lost. All I did was help him figure out life and give him a second chance. He is a great person today and I am so happy for him.
@A_loves_B (1542)
@poehere I'm happy for both of you, proud of both you.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@A_loves_B Thank you so much. I just had to share this today. I felt so good last night and proud of what he has become.
@Shellyann36 (8558)
That is a wonderful story. Really a happy ending to be very Thankful for!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
You are so right. I had a strange feeling when I met him. He had talent and a hunger to learn. But he was so sad and so troubled. I'm glad I took the time to talk with him and make friends with him.
I just love this story. Thank you for making the world great
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
I just had to share it here today. He made me so proud of him and he is such a great young man now. I'm so happy I helped him all those years ago.
good for you yioyu helpedhin to suycced and ave a gooid klife f be food to yio an d ave a great lifed now for t iyurself
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much Passy. He was so young and had a broken heart and felt his life was shattered. He just needed to be reminded he was a smart young man and he would go far if he could just lift up his head and move on.
This brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy for him that everything worked out well for him. You're right, you never know when you're going to meet the one person you can influence in such a way.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
I'm truly happy I met him and was able to help him in his time of need. I saw something in him the week I taught the class. He had a special talent. He was so hungry to learn and to please people. He just had such sad eyes and such sorrow about him. I'm glad that each night after class we all gathered together to go out on the town and have dinner. This gave me plenty of time to talk with him and get to know him better. We kept in touch after the class and I am so happy that I never turned my back on him.
@poehere I'm glad you didn't either. It's a great testimony of what a person can achieve when someone believes in them.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@just4him You are so right and I am so happy I believed in him. He was a good kid or that is what I saw.
@CoralLevang (16256)
You, Ann, are truly a saint. Thank you for telling this story. It did my heart so good to read it. Hugs. And thanks to @Maluse for the suggestion!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
I had no idea that she had suggested this to so many people. I was just so touched last night talking with him again and what he did. It just made me feel good that I was able to make such an impact on his life and what a wonderful man he has turned out to be.
@CoralLevang (16256)
@poehere I I understand how heartwarming this is on a lot of levels. These are the kinds of stories that remind us that we never know when what we do will come back and show us about the hopefulness of mankind. We never know when we do something, always the impact it could have. It is why we are to do without expectation, so that we may realize it someday.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@CoralLevang You are so right. He always told me to give him a chance and one day he would surprise me and pay me back. I know where he lives isn't a very rich country and the pay there isn't that great. He worked hard, made a business, and opened his own shop. We have always been in touch and I have meet his wife and two children. They are beautiful people. She told me what a difference I've made in their lives and now they are in a position to pay me back. He always told me he would pay me back and I told him not to worry. He kept his promise and I am so surprised and so happy for him at the same time. I tis hard to express how happy I am for this young man who as once a lost and troubled teen.
@dpk262006 (55919)
Helping others who are in need, is one of the noblest of jobs, which one could do and you did preciously the same.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. I always knew in my heart he would turn out to be a good man when he grew up. I was so right.
@dpk262006 (55919)
@poehere Your kindness and vision is much appreciated.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@dpk262006 Thank you so much. I'm glad I did what I did.
You are his God Mother
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Maybe I am and I didn't know it.
@poehere you are...I also have a god mother...she helps me in my relationship and I help her in her relationship....so I am also her godfatherbut I call her mom and she is from Georgia
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@cahaya1983 (10165)
Wow, what an amazing story. I'm glad you didn't disregard the potential that you saw in him many years ago. He sounds like a very diligent man too, and he deserves the success he got after all the difficulties he went through. You must be so proud and happy for him!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Ywa I am. I have meet his wife and she is a wonderful woman. They have two beautiful children and it seems like life has really blessed the two of them. I knew he was hurting when I first meet him in a class Iwas teaching. I also saw the potential he had. He was a bright young boy at this time and he really did a lot to get where he is today. I am so proud of him and so happy that I had the change to meet him and help him change his life.
@cahaya1983 (10165)
@poehere I can't help thinking about how many people there must be out there who could have succeeded like him if only they got the help they needed at the right time.
You did something wonderful, your life has a meaning because you helped someone in need and this young man succeeded in life thanks to your help. I am glad he is grateful, because I have seen so many forget those who helped when they finally had success. Being appreciated makes you feel better.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
You are so right on this one. When I gave him the money I told him it was for his new life with his wife. I wanted to give him a good start in life and he did what I asked him to do. He finished school and went on to another school to get a higher degree. After he worked at the airport for his studies but his heart was always with computers and working with hard drives. He had a compassion for this and I saw it then. I'm just glad he continued and has done so well. He is an excellent young man now and has a beautiful family. He makes me so happy for all he has done in his life. Back then he was a mess and his heart was broken by his first girlfriend. So young and so hurt.
@poehere I am glad he recovered and he has now a happy life.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@LadyDuck Me too. He has warmed my heart and I am so happy for him and his family. I know them all and I talk with them from time to time. His wife is the sweetest person and she is so lovely. His two children are adorable and he is very lucky to have his family. I think that really helped him so much.
@averygirl72 (16430)
This is a great story. Hope I can help others too to make their life better
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
It is a good feeling when you can help someone and years later they never forget you or what you did for them.
@averygirl72 (16430)
@poehere I admire you for your effort
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@averygirl72 Thank you so much. He was just a troubled teen when I first met him. Now he is a happy family man and a great father and husband.
@Fleura (6804)
That is such a wonderful, heart-warming story. I would love to be able to help someone like you did, and it's so nice to know that he was trustworthy - all the time we hear stories of people being defrauded with lies about needing money for urgent healthcare etc that it would be hard to believe anyone!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
You are so right on this one. I know it took him 12 years to get all he wanted done. Now he has a very successful business and wanted to pay me back. I did it because I had meet him in a class I was teaching in China. I knew he was troubled and you could see it in his eyes.
@Fleura (6804)
@poehere It's lovey that he was determined to pay you back, but I'm guessing that you probably don't really need that money. Perhaps you could ask him to repay you by acting as a mentor to someone else and passing on the money.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
@Fleura Personally, it is not the money, but more his pride. He made a promise and for him this promise has to be fulfilled. I learned a lot about his religion over the years we have been friends. He needs to fulfil this promise in order to fulfil another part of his religious life. I'm not sure about how all that one works, but his wife told me to accept the money back even if I told them no. She said it is important to her husband and it will hurt him deeply if I don't. So in the end I sent him a message and I asked him to take some of that money he owes me and set up an account for his son and daughter for school and to buy them a special gift from me. His son and daughter now have a college fund set up for them so when they grow up they will have a chance to go to school and hopefully find a good career they are interested in.
@nanette64 (15550)
• Fairfield, Texas
That is absolutely awesome @poehere . You did a very good thing.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much. I have helped many people over the years, but after helping we have lost touch. He is a rare exception and we have grown to be friends over the years. I know his family, his wife and her family. I have never met all of them in person, but we do talk on Skype. He is a good person and I was glad I saw this in him when I did.
@nanette64 (15550)
• Fairfield, Texas
I love this story. Your paths were meant to cross, you was exactly what he needed.
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
Thank you so much Andria. I saw something in this troubled teen that I don't see in a lot of troubled teens. He was in my class I was teaching and he just had that special talent you don't see often. But he was so sad.
@LeaPea2417 (16988)
• Toccoa, Georgia
This is such a wonderful story. You are a Saint!
@poehere (17793)
• French Polynesia
No, I'm no saint. I am just a person with a big heart and I have always loved to help people. Not all of the help I give to people has such a happy ending as this one does.