Postcrossings and Me!

This is my picture.
A couple of months ago, I joined a site that enables people to send postcards all around the world. At this moment, 44 million postcards have traveled the Earth, and in the two months since I joined, over a million have reached their destinations. It's surprising how exciting it is to receive a postcard from Portugal, Italy, China, Russia and Germany, and these are just a few of the countries I have received cards from. To send a card in the US is 37 cents, and to a foreign country is $1.15. I try to send 10 to 15 cards a month, though lately it's rather slow. There is a limit to the cards sent, though as the quantity of cards you send the higher the limit becomes. Sometimes, the card may travel 30 to 40 days to find it's way to the recipient's mailbox, especially in Asia and Russia. Until it arrives or expires, there is a waiting period, but I'm usually content with the amount I can send. Every time my card arrives, they present my name to a new member who sends me a card, and every card sent and received is completely random. I love the site and would recommend it to everyone. https://www.postcrossing.com/ Also, here is a link to my postcard articles: https://azombieatemypostcards.wordpress.com
There are a couple of other people on this site that do it.
I was hoping to meet some Postcrossers here, thanks for the info.
This is amazing! :)
I haven't received any cards from the Philippines yet, so you should join and maybe I will get one from you.
@misunderstood_zombie how does this work? are we going to write words, dedications and contents on it? I am confused as I haven't tried it yet.. lol
@sw8sincere Yes, there's a place to write a message. I write all kinds of stuff, about the my life, my kids, or comment on something the person writes.
That is awesome. I love the idea and might have to partake
Great, if you decide to join, I hope you love it as much as I do.
@cahaya1983 (9728)
Wow, very interesting idea! Do you always get a reply for every postcard you send out?
Yes, every time someone registers your card, someone else will receive a your name and send you a card. If they don't send it, after 60 days, it will expire and you will receive a new card. That doesn't happen too often, though.
@misunderstood_zombie Great way of building connections with people around the world!
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I had no Idea that so many postcards had gone so far. Amazing
There are several people on this site that are members @Inlemay and @Jeanniemaries being two.
Thanks for letting me know, sorry this reply is so late.
@xstitcher (10133)
• Petaluma, California
I've done this a couple of times, but I just haven't had the time -- especially lately. Plus, people are always griping about Zazzle postcards, and those are the only kind I can obtain.
Some sites for postcards are so expensive. I buy mine at Amazon, and usually get the 100 count, which makes it about 15 to 20 cents a card. I can understand that time could be a problem.
Sounds interesting! I'd like to have a try.
I have received one card from China and I sent one card. It's a really cool site.
This is something that I'm interested in doing. Thanks for sending the link and will be reading your articles in a bit. Edit: Postcards AF... love it!!!!!
@LoriAMoore (10162)
A lot of MyLotters here do postcard exchanges and postcrossing.
@ssaeed (22)
• Abuja, Nigeria
wow that's cool! i have signup already.
@CoralLevang (40951)
I love postcrossing! I've been a member there for 2 years. My name there is MsCoco