Afterwards

I had a great Friday evening. I went out with a couple of friends, and we had a great time. But then Saturday morning came, and with it a horrible migraine (I don't drink). A lot of you may remember I have had migraines since I was eight. They got a lot better a couple of years ago when I had eye implants. Still, they sneak up on me at times. So yesterday and today were spent in bed or near the toilet. There was little sleep for me or my dog, because whenever I would make a run when the nausea hit she would get up and run in there with me My migraine is gone, but I kind of feel like it will take me awhile to feel "right" again. How long does it take you to feel better after you've been drained? I keep telling myself this is all temporary. First thing in the morning I want to get some orange juice. I guess I am craving Vitamin C.
@cahaya1983 (9583)
Sorry to hear you had a rough night. I don't have migraine fortunately but if I get sick the longest is usually 2 days. Hope the juice helps make you feel better!
Thank you.
@Srbageldog (5463)
It usually takes me a day or two to feel "right" after a migraine. For a while after it's gone away, I will feel like it might possibly come back. I'm sorry you had a migraine this weekend. I know how awful they are. It was nice of your dog to keep you company, though!
Oh, definitely. I'm always afraid of I even fall asleep it will come back. Does your migraine medication make you feel weird?
@AmbiePam I am just taking a low dose muscle relaxer (Tizanidine) three times a day for my migraines. Sometimes it makes me feel very sleepy. I tried other medications but they made me feel strange, and one was causing me eye pain and listed permanent eye damage as a possible side effect, so I quit taking it. Other than the sleepiness, I haven't had any negative side effects from the muscle relaxer, although it does slow my heart rate more than usual (my heart rate is low sometimes while at rest anyway.) It hasn't dropped too low, so I haven't worried much about it. I still get migraines, though not nearly as frequently as I was getting them (I was getting them on a near daily basis.)
@Srbageldog What is your dosage if you don't mind me asking? My Tizanadine is 4mg three time a day, but it feels like a low dosage.
Sorry to hear of the migraine. Have you figured out any kind of triggers or do they happen at random?
Bright lights and loud noises, but other times it is random. I do my best to avoid loud noises and bright lights, but you know it's not always possible.
Oh, that sounds pretty awful. Thankfully I've never had a migraine - touch wood.
Glad you had fun and, the migraine is gone now. Orange juice is a great source of Vitamin C.
@yanzalong (8773)
My Friday evening was a little better than usual. I had my dinner at the restaurant at 18:00 and had nothing else after that.
I get migraine-like headaches after eating foods with MSG in it . . . it's irritating as I feel it coming and then I know there's not much I can do about it except ride it out. Sometimes I have to just shut my eyes and curl up on the bed . . . "shoot me" kinda feeling. The second day it might linger a bit, but it's a relief to know that it will be mostly be gone by the third day . . . it's a matter of getting over that hill o' pain.
I have heard MSG can cause migraines. I know that shoot me feeling, bless your heart!
@AmbiePam Those headaches can be debilitating. I hope you are feeling much better today!!
@much2say Yes, thank you.
@FayeHazel (11668)
Sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon. I think it is wise to have what you crave right now. I would be curious to know what are eye implants? On all accounts I hope you are better
They are like new lenses, only permanent, and go behind the eye.
@FayeHazel (11668)
@AmbiePam Oh wow! I'm happy you had it done, I didn't even know such a thing were possible
I'm glad you're feeling better and hope you had your orange juice.
I can't believe it, but I forgot to buy it when I went to the store this afternoon.
@AmbiePam That happens.
Do you have something to take for the migraines. Orange juice is a good source of vitamin c.
Yes, thank goodness. Only it doesn't always work. I can take up to two a day, but even then it doesn't work on occasion. Yesterday I pushed my luck and took three, and it finally went away. That's really bad for you, but I was desperate.
@katsmeow1213 (28925)
My migraines are very temporary.. as soon as I get ill the migraine is gone. Thankfully I also don't get them frequently.
@peachpurple (10995)
orry about your migraine, get some good supplements to bring your health back
@sjvg1976 (14590)
Sorry to hear this. I have suffered from head aches which take almost 4-5 to get okay if I take a sleep. Hope Orange juice helped to get it better.
@LoriAMoore (9986)
It takes at least half a day to recover
@Shellyann36 (8618)
I also suffer from migraines but fortunately, they are not frequent any longer. I hope you are feeling much better!
@ilocosboy (33281)
Enjoy the orange juice and the vitamin C