An early Thanksgiving

We met all our kids at a condo in Myrtle Beach, SC last weekend to celebrate Thanksgiving. Everyone was there except our grandson who is in Maine, but hoping he'll be here for Christmas. Our sweet 2 year old grandbaby was there and Winnie, our granddaughter's Maltipoo puppy who is very spoiled. Come to think of it, I'm not sure who is the most spoiled, Alice or Winnie! Our daughter brought everything with her to make a Thanksgiving feast. We had baked turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, broccoli casserole, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole,corn pudding deviled eggs, several desserts, and of course sweet tea. I was told to just sit and relax which I enjoyed doing. First time one of the kids has cooked the holiday meal. Hmmm... maybe this is the start of a new tradition? As long as I'm able, I'll continue to cook our big Christmas Eve dinner, but I am planning to take a few short cuts and maybe cut down the menu slightly since I probably still won't be able to lift anything heavy after my shoulder surgery for a while longer. (Wow, that sure was a long sentence!) We watched fire works from the balcony Saturday night that the Resort put on. A few of us played Uno that afternoon, but the very best parts were the conversation and laughter. Altogether a very wonderful Thanksgiving weekend. So many blessings from God. Hope you all have a great holiday.
Sounds like a very wonderful weekend. Wish i was there! Lol
I wish you had been with us, Courtney. We're not a perfect family, (who is?), but we really are blessed to be able to spend time together, especially now that we're spread out more. Hope you'll have a good Thanksgiving.
@1creekgirl aw thanks! No family is perfect. Same with couples. That's life. We just try our best. Especially around the holidays. Hope you do too!
Sounds like a wonderful weekend with your family.
It really was very special.
Sounds like it was a splendid occasion with family.
Yes, except for our one grandson, everyone was there.
So pleased you had such a good time with your family. Some little dogs do get very spoilt don't they?
I don't know what my granddaughter will do if she ever has a real baby.
@1creekgirl I can understand what you're saying!
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This was such a memorable blessing, for you and your famiy:) I'm glad you had a very nice weekend
Thanks, Kharla. It was very special.
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@1creekgirl I believe we're just gonna stay home, for Thanksgiving.
@Emmlex1000 (1417)
• Lagos, Nigeria
It is lovely to have family close by
We actually don't live too close together, but it's nice when everyone can make arrangements to get together.
What a wonderful time you all had. I love that precious photo!
The oldest (my husband) and the youngest (our great granddaughter.)
@1creekgirl That photo really is priceless.
@peachpurple (10708)
it is better to celebrate early, glad to hear you had a great family dinner together
Sounds like a great way to kick off the holiday season.
Thanks, TR!
@amimar (23)
Very interesting holiday,
It sounds really good.
Wow, it sounds like it was wonderful! =) I'm very happy for you!
Thanks, Jennifer. Do you have family near enough to see for Thanksgiving? Have a blessed holiday.
@1creekgirl No we just celebrate with our own small family. =) Thank you, you as well.
@Blondie2222 (18210)
Sounds like a wonderful time with your family. A few people I know celebrated early because some people have to work on the actual holiday We are celebrating thursday with family and expecting 42 people. Glad you all had a good time though and you got to sit and relax and not do anything. Hope your christmas dinner will be good even though you won't be able to lift much. Maybe someone can help you then ?
My husband can help some and my daughter. Wow, you're having a big crowd! Do you have to do a lot of the cooking? Happy Thanksgiving.
@Blondie2222 (18210)
@1creekgirl Nope my sister and her husband do the cooking. We do go early and help out though and everyone brings a dish to pass
@LoriAMoore (10132)
Somehow I missed this one when you posted it - so glad you got to spend time with family.
Thanks, it was such a wonderful weekend. I felt so strange not doing any of the cooking!
That sounds absolutely wonderful! From the Multipoo, to the family, to the food!