Glad I Don't Have To Relive Today

The weather was dreary and cold to boot
Before I even punched in at work today, the supervisor came to tell me that someone screwed up the shake machine. It has to be taken apart and cleaned before we can serve shakes or ice cream. I'm hoping Jordan had time to take care of that because I sure didn't. Shortly after punching in they told me that to unload the truck it would be just me and the supervisor. Basically, that translates to me getting a little help with the freezer and fridge stock but for the rest, I would be on my own. While I was doing that the grease trap under the main sink backed up. That led to a call to the plumber but I still got to bail and drain the disgusting thing. By the time that drama was all over, I was working extra hours and the garbage run was still in the back room instead of the dumpster. A significant amount of the stock wasn't put away. Almost forgot about my dad's 91 birthday. Crossing my fingers that someone somehow got some of it done after I left. Otherwise, tomorrow will only be a bit more fun than today. Managed to cut haul and chop firewood when I got home so at least we'll be warm for the night. Hope everyone had a better day than I did.
What a hectic day you had. My day was not great either
Hope we both have better days tomorrow.
@koopharper hopefully.
I am sorry your da was like that. You need to get a nice drink and put your feet up.
I needed an ice cream cone but the machine was out of order.
This sounds like a hectic day. Hope tomorrow is a better one for you!
Monday's are usually bad but today took the cake.
@sallypup (28624)
• Moses Lake, Washington
You need time off for good behavior. Happy birthday, Dad. Three more days and my Mom will be 96. Have a better day tomorrow.
I'm hoping the powers that be recognize that unloading the truck and maintaining everything I'm supposed to can't be done at the same time on the same shift. Tomorrow will be better and I hope your Mom has a happy birthday!
@sallypup (28624)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@koopharper Yeah. Super Man deserves super wages for all that work.
@sallypup Unfortunately those super wages aren't going to happen. I'll be happy with stable sufficient hours.
You had an incredibly tough day at work. So glad you remembered your dad's birthday! Happy Birthday to your dad!!!
I would have been upset at myself for letting that get by me even with a good excuse. I called him and he sounded a lot better than I expected.
Geez, man, I hope today was better.
No disasters and it wasn't even very busy. What a relief.
Oh goodness, you had surely a hard day, I hope it will be a little better today.
Thankfully days like this one are the exception rather than the rule. Aftermath might be rough today but it should be a better day.