Six years later.

clouds
Roseburg, Oregon
The couple had a foster home and their two daughters were in their late teens. The baby that was in their home just turned one and the parents loss the child. So the couple talked it over with their two daughters and they decided to adopt the baby. Both parents loved the baby girl and six years later. The father decided to retire and wanted to travel across the United States. He told his wife lets give our daughter back to Social Services and travel just the two of us. The wife was in shock and told him NO that is our child we adopted her. You do not just give a child back. The husband was serious and said why not? The two daughter told the parents that is our sister we will take her. The mother said NO. She is our daughter and you do not just give a child back that you adopted. The couple ended up getting a divorce and the mother kept the daughter and the Father got a camper and traveled across the United States by himself. Now get this in the summer he traveled with his adopted daughter and her mother. A year later they remarried and now just travel all summer so their daughter can go to school, They are still together ten years later. Imagine if they had given the daughter back. Their life together would have been over. The picture is mine taken by me.
Interesting story Judy. Love your photo.
She was a good friend of mine and I was surprised when her husband felt that way.
@jstory07 Yes it is strange . adopt and then un adopt..
@kobesbuddy (55473)
• East Tawas, Michigan
How could anyone adopt a precious little baby and then give her away, like she's a dog? That's a hideous thought, how could he ever imagine doing that?
That is why she divorced him. I think he must have realized how wrong he was when he was alone. Even the two oldest daughter wanted nothing to do with him.
@kobesbuddy (55473)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@jstory07 That was such a cold attitude, to have towards that precious little girl! They were the only family she'd ever had!:(
@kobesbuddy They got her when she was three days old in their foster home.
@1hopefulman (32515)
Glad that thing eventually worked out for them but sad that they had to divorce in the first place.
I guess he was so serious she did not want to go along with what he wanted.
@1hopefulman (32515)
@jstory07 It seems so!
@ilocosboy (37411)
Such a heartwarming story of a daughter and the parent.
It was very sad at the time.
What a moving story!
It ended up being good.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
Was it essential to take divorce for just a small issue? People are so mad these days.
She was not giving up her daughter and her husband wanted to travel just the two of them.
I can not even think to someone adopting a child and giving him/her back, what a horrible thing to do.
Especially when you had the child since she was three days old.
@jstory07 It's really a horrible thing to do.
@Srbageldog (8244)
The people who adopted my boyfriend's youngest half-brother tried to return him once they found out about his behavioral problems. They only kept him because they found out they would go to jail for abandoning him if they gave him back to social services. Once he was 18 they had him conserved but then they tried to pawn off guardianship on us because they didn't want the responsibility anymore. We said "no way." We didn't sign up for that, but THEY did. (We have never even met him in person; my boyfriend only knows him on Facebook, and has only talked to him a couple times.) If they didn't want the responsibility they shouldn't have had him conserved...or maybe they shouldn't have adopted a child in the first place.
If you do not want the child until they turn 18 than do not adopt them to begin with.
@jstory07 I agree. I don't know why anyone would think they could just return a child they adopted.
Wow that's crazy. I agree with the mom, and its wrong toneven suggest giivng back a child. Especially over selfishness.
It was really wrong. He had to have loved his daughter and how could you think like that to begin with.
@jstory07 right ugh.
@peachpurple (12770)
AWESOME story, thansk for sharing
It was sad but ended up good. True stories sometimes are better than the made up ones.
@peachpurple (12770)
@jstory07 yes indeed, why fake it?
Glad everything worked out in the end.
I was to. Their daughter was a good kid she never did anything bad. How could you not want her.
@jstory07 Yes, that's awful.
@Ithink (10500)
How can anyone take a child and raise them and just want to give her away? Insane, I will never get some people. I mean yeah it ended good but .. I don't know if I would have been able to forgive him.
I would think it would be hard to forgive him.
@Ithink (10500)
@jstory07 I think so too.
@HazySue (23054)
I have a hard time understanding how the husband could feel that way after raising a child for any amount of time. I am glad he came to his senses.
I was glad to.
@yanzalong (10174)
Adopted daughter is the same as your biological daughter. You fed her the same as giving her blood to stay alive.
So true he was acting like an idiot.
Very strange man. I am glad the mother stood up for the little girl.
I was glad to.
@Ganma7 (2828)
Very nice ending to an interesting story
Yes they are happy and their daughter is now 25.
@cahaya1983 (10038)
The father's earlier decision was really shocking but good that he eventually realized how much his family means to him.
Yes it was shocking but in the end he was a good father.
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
People are getting divorced over a petty issue which is never allowed in India. Even in the case of serious matters getting a divorce is not possible here. But, nowadays it is being followed abroad also. People in foreign countries are now realizing the value of a family life and they are following some of the principles of Indians. The sad fact is that the Indians are not realizing the value of their own family values and are moving and marrying some other guys with a mutual consent and divorce. They are no more remaining as Indians. The Bollywood marriages are totally ruining the family lives of the people.
A marriage should be forever. But people fall out of love.