Would you take revenge?

@dpk262006 (54713)
Delhi, India
We often get hurt by others. When we feel hurt our first reaction is of anger then our mind start thinking about taking revenge or paying back the person in the same coin. However, on second thought, sometimes we let go our anger and move ahead or sometimes we think in the direction of taking revenge. When you are hurt do you let go or feel like taking revenge from the person who has hurt you? Do you feel that taking revenge won't serve any purpose and it could do more harm to yourself than good? Do you feel that taking revenge is an immature act? Image courtesy - Google
Revenge is not my kind of thing.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It means that you let go, if someone hurts you?
@dpk262006 I can even think of bad things, but never do them.
@dpk262006 (54713)
@TheInvisibleMan Apparently, you don't convert your bad feelings or negative thoughts into action.
@sugartoes (34699)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I use to think of evil wicked ways to get back at people that done me wrong till one day God showed me that was he's place to take care of the evil people Now I just let him do what he does best.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It is good to hear that you have changed your nature with the blessings of God and now you let go, if someone hurts you. You are right that it is for the God to take care of those who hurt us.
• , New York
I share this same concept.
I might think about revenge but that's as far as it goes - thinking about it.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It will be in your mind only to take revenge but you would not practically take revenge due to one reason or the other.
• , New York
@dpk262006 revenge can turn out to be very dangerous
@dpk262006 (54713)
@chooseyourmissy1234 Yes, you are right.
@sjvg1976 (14592)
I feel angry but never think of taking revenge . What I do is get careful from that person so that I may not get hurt again by that person.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It is a saner approach to not to go for revenge. If we are able to control our anger and let go, that would be better course of action. Yes, you are right that we need to be more careful from those, who try to hurt us.
• , New York
@dpk262006 I am trying this technique, and I find that it is the best way .
@dpk262006 (54713)
@chooseyourmissy1234 You appear very wise.
@iridion9 (2328)
It depends of what zodiac sign you are. There are Zodiac signs that REVENGEFUL one of this is SCORPIO. So beware SCORPIO can't sleep properly until they can do the revenge. SCORPIO often will kill. The next zodiac sign that REVENGEFUL is LEO The third is ARIES So what is your ZODIAC SIGN?
@dpk262006 (54713)
It sounds interesting to me that people with specific zodiac signs are such that who will not hesitate to take revenge. Incidentally, I do not belong to the three Zodiac signs which you have mentioned and I do not believe in taking revenge, as it could be counter productive. What is your Zodiac Sign?
@iridion9 (2328)
@dpk262006 SCORPIO XD joking.. ha ha ha
I don't consider revenge as an immature act. It's human nature to acct hastily when we are hurt. It takes wisdom, a lot of courage to stop that.
@dpk262006 (54713)
If someone hurts you, will you take revenge in any form?
@dpk262006 My parents were killed. We didn't take revenge.
@dpk262006 (54713)
@toniganzon I am sorry to hear that your parents were killed. It was wiser on your part to not to go for revenge, as it would have caused trouble to you also.
Taking revenge is wrong. When someone hurts me, I get angry, but I never make decisions when I am angry.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It is said that one should not take decision when s/he is in anger. It is wiser on your part that when someone hurts you and you get angry but you do not convert your anger into a revenge. Taking revenge also affects us.
@dpk262006 I agree, sooner or later you will know that you made the wrong decision while in anger.
@dpk262006 (54713)
@LadyDuck Yes, our action in anger may make us feel regretful at a later stage.
• , New York
Its best to move on in this type of situation; seeking revenge. Can turn out to be unpredictable, and one could regret what they have done to seek revenge.
@dpk262006 (54713)
Yes, you are right that taking revenge does not serve any purpose, on the other hand it could hard us.
@cahaya1983 (9505)
In the heat of the moment it would probably cross my mind, but I would never go as far as actually doing it.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It means that the thought of taking revenge may cross your mind in the fit of anger but you would practically not go for it, as you know that it is not good in the long run.
I get angry yes, even very angry but revenge? I've never taken revenge on anyone. What would it tell about me if I had vengeance? I won't put myself low with such an act. It was never my thing to hurt someone back. It won't make me happy, it won't make me feel good regardless of whether they deserve it or not. I just let go and let God. As they say, the best revenge is to move on and get over it.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It is saner on your part that you are able to control your anger and you do not think of taking revenge with anyone. Yes, you are right that taking revenge could bring you at par with the person who hurt you. It is better to move on and get over it.
I think most of the time I will not take revenge. I will just feel angry but it is no need for me to take revenge because it is a kind of wasting time in my opinion. The bad people will deserve something bad sooner or later by themselves. I still think that good people deserve something good and bad people deserve something bad.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It is wiser on your part to not to convert your anger into revenge. I agree with you that it would be a kind of wastage of time. You let it go in the home that bad people will meet their fate and you should not take revenge from them.
@lady1993 (15570)
sometimes... although i try and not think about it, especially if i cannot do anything about it
@dpk262006 (54713)
Sometimes you think of taking revenge, however, if you feel that it is practically not possible, you let go. Is not it?
@nangayo (2301)
• Nairobi, Kenya
When am angry i always think of taking revenge but have to let it go because i have been taight revenge makes things worse so i sort of control myself.
@dpk262006 (54713)
It is wiser on your part that to not to go for revenge, when you are feeling angry. You control your anger and let it go.
It depends. How badly they hurted you.
@dpk262006 (54713)
If you are badly hurt, would you take revenge?