The Office: Do you like this show?

@CoralLevang (40956)
I have heard great reviews of The Office, with Steve Carrell as Michael Scott. I have now watched three of the six episodes. I am not enjoying this very much. I am wondering if I would like the British version better. Do you watch The Office? Did it take you awhile to get into it or did you like it right away?
I never watched The Office as I am not into sitcoms.
@CoralLevang (40956)
I am not into most of them, but this had been recommended to me by so many that I thought I would give it a try. Yuck.
I have never watched it but everyone seemed to rave about it when it was on.
@CoralLevang (40956)
I'm certainly not impressed.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
The British version (the original I may remind you) is absolute comedy gold. It is often a very uncomfortable watch but it absolutely nails the office environment and the characters within it. Ricky Gervais is so believable as the main character David Brent. His slightly uncomfortable demeanor and little looks to camera make you really believe you're watching a documentary.
@CoralLevang (40956)
Have you seen the American version? I am looking for the British version and hoping that it comes sometime soon. I much prefer British television to American television.
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@CoralLevang I watched the first couple of episodes of the American version but I think I'd been spoiled by the brilliance of the original. I think there are certain things we Brits do really well and that really toe-curling, uncomfortable comedy is one of them. While I love British sit-coms I also absolutely love American stuff like Cheers, Frasier, Big Bang Theory and I'm currently making my way through all 11 or 12 (can't remember exactly) seasons of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Netflix. One of my all time favourites has got to be It's Garry Shandling's Show. I just loved the format. This is a TV show and we're not going to pretend otherwise.
@CoralLevang (40956)
@WorDazza cheers, Big Bang Theory, and Frazier are all comedy sitcoms that I have loved.
I watched the series on and off. I did like the show, but didn't follow it as much as some of my family and friends. When they would comment on a recent episode it was lost on me. So I had to wait for reruns, often missed those too. Some of the episodes were totally not my cup of tea and often made me wish I had skipped over it.
@CoralLevang (40956)
I watched all six tonight (this morning) and I just didn't find it all that funny. There were a couple of funny moments, but I found it annoying. I will try to watch the Gervais UK version and see if I like it better.
@CoralLevang a few of the shows really pushed the envelope and I had to stop watching it. My daughter and sister were huge fans of the show.
@CoralLevang (40956)
@ElusiveButterfly The episode in season 1 that was a diversity training bit bugged me. I understand the absurdity of office politics, but some over-the-top crap just seems unnecessary in humor.
I don't watch much TV so never watched it. I did hear a lot of talk about how great it was. I dislike modern day comedies with the exception of Big Bang Theory as they all seem to try to get laughs in a naughty way. I do like old comedies a lot like Happy Days and Lavern and Shirley. i love Lucy was so, so funny!
@CoralLevang (40956)
did not like Big Bang Theory at first, but once I started watching it off and on, I actually started loving it. My favorite character is Sheldon
@CoralLevang I love Sheldon too! He is one of my heroes on TV ! I just gradually started watching it in the middle of it. But have not watched it the last few years for some reason as I don't watch much TV
@CoralLevang (40956)
@Marty1 check it out througj library. Lol
I tried to get into it, and I couldn't.
@CoralLevang (40956)
I'm glad to know I wasn't alone
@CoralLevang - There was a really funny scene in which Steve Carrell and that other guy were throwing garbage at each other while looking for important documents at the city dump, but it wasn't enough to change my mind.
@CoralLevang (40956)
@teamfreak16 i hear you
@Madshadi (5013)
• Brussels, Belgium
It's not the kind of show I would watch. I think it would take me forever to get into it
@CoralLevang (40956)
I'm into the 5th episode, and trying the 6th, but I am guessing that I won't check out the additional seasons. I do have the UK version on hold now through the library website.
I have to be honest I tried hard for sure. But it's not the best show in the world. I don't want to see it if nothing is on.
@CoralLevang (40956)
I've heard so many good things about it. I'm going to try to see if I can find the British version and see if I like it any better.