My morning begins with no sleep, and then...

@CoralLevang (40853)
That is exactly how much sleep I had last night. None. Nada. Zip. I got hungry about two hours ago and fixed myself a mixed nut butter and pepper jam sandwich on whole wheat bread. I have some coffee brewing as I write. Postcards and More I was a bit behind in sending my Postcrossing postcards, so I wrote out the six that I have in the queue. I uploaded each of the photographs, and they are stamped and ready to drop off at the post office this morning. Recently, I found some Thanksgiving cards that I bought years ago. I had 14 cards. They, too, are addressed and stamped for mailing. As Thanksgiving is only two days away, most of the cards will not be delivered in time for Thursday's holiday, but there are 14 fewer things to take up space in a basket of cards. This year, I will also get Christmas/winter holiday cards mailed out. I have found many that I intended on sending for years. As I mentioned in a previous discussion, I went through a very rough number of years and all those good intentions went by the wayside. I know that most people do not send much mail nowadays, but I have been trying to do more of it. I enjoy sending mail across the miles, as some of you already know. If you would like to receive a special holiday card, feel free to PM me and I will gladly do so. Today's Other Plans I will attend my History class today for the lecture, and then swing by the Veterans' Center for a bite to eat. I do need to come home earlier today, however. In addition to driving by the post office, I want to drop off three of the DVDs I have checked out from the library this morning. The maintenance team will be coming over to my townhouse today. There are two issues, which I called in for repair. The first is to clear the gutters. I have had a waterfall coming over the top of the gutter that runs from the front door along the garage to the front of the unit. They won't need entry to take care of it. However, the second ticket is to repair or replace my garbage disposal. I have to be home for that one, and they will arrive between 3 and 5 p.m. I am not sure if my friend BK will be here today or tomorrow to help me. She will also be here for Thanksgiving. I have offered that she can stay overnight, if she would like to do so. I should know more today sometime. Well, it is 5 a.m. and I want to get moving before I close my eyes and end up not attending class and falling asleep. I will be better off just staying up and plugging away at my day to get things done. I will likely be dragging my behind around by 2 p.m. or so, but I will stay focused on getting things done. Take care and have a wonderful day/evening ahead. What are your plans today? (Photo credit: Pixabay, public domain)
With no sleep, aren't you going to be dragging through a busy day?
@CoralLevang (40853)
I will start dragging around midday.
@CoralLevang Don't nod off in class!
@CoralLevang (40853)
@JohnRoberts I'll try not to!
I have a busy day ahead--work, grocery shopping, and gym.
@CoralLevang (40853)
I got my grocery shopping done, but I may have to go and get some oven cleaner.
@CoralLevang I got what I needed to make the mashed potatoes and a couple of meat specials but I forgot sponges. Oh well. I'll buy a pack at CVS tomorrow. I won't dare go back to the store until after Thanksgiving.
@CoralLevang (40853)
@NJChicaa did you go out for Black Friday? I stayed in the house and did not do anything that required me to walk out the door.
@responsiveme (14418)
I would fall asleep in the morning if I couldn't sleep at night, hope you enjoyed your class and went to sleep afterwards
@CoralLevang (40853)
decided not to go to the class today.
@CoralLevang he he....Sounding like my son
@CoralLevang (40853)
@responsiveme *laughs* except that I am not doing this for a grade/credit/cost of education.
I have to work everyday this week, except Friday, so far. I am headed out the door in a few myself. Have a wonderful day.
@CoralLevang (40853)
You have to work on Thanksgiving Day?
Never pleasant to have a sleepless night.
@CoralLevang (40853)
You can say that again!
My plans are to get more writing done, get some housework done, and get the tree decorated. We'll see what actually happens. I'm sorry you didn't get any sleep. I hope your day goes as planned and you get sleep tonight.
@CoralLevang (40853)
I'm going to try. I'm going to go ahead and start looking for all of my Christmas stuff and get that up this weekend as well. Two Christmases in a row!
@CoralLevang I didn't get the tree decorated yet, but I did make my writing goals I will have it decorated before Thanksgiving. Getting yours decorated two years in a row is wonderful
@CoralLevang (40853)
@just4him I I haven't put the tree up, because I think I'm going to wait until my friend from Australia gets here and that will give us something to do
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
I occasionally have nights when I get 2 to 3 hours sleep and have immense difficulty functioning the next day. I think if I got absolutely no sleep I would just give up and have a duvet day. Respect to you for just getting on with it.
@CoralLevang (40853)
I'm still sitting here thinking I'm not going to go on to the campus but just hang out here at my house
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@CoralLevang And there was me bigging you up for being so dedicated. I must be a bad influence!!!
@CoralLevang (40853)
@WorDazza and you say THAT like it's a BAD thing??
You will be very tired today from lack of sleep last night but hopefully then you will sleep all through the night. Sounds like you got a lot done while you couldn’t sleep. How sweet of you to offer to send cards to anyone here who would like one. I don’t wanting you wasting money on me so I’ll take a virtual hug
@CoralLevang (40853)
First of all, I would not be wasting any money because I have postage enough to last me three years that I have found in boxes, and already have cards. So, if you would like me to send you a card I would love to do so.
@CoralLevang wow how did you wound up buying so much postge so long ago to have it now?
@CoralLevang (40853)
@shaggin when when you buy and then you forget where you put it and then you go buy again and then you forget where you put it and then doing that over several years
@poehere (17878)
• French Polynesia
Nothing compared to yours and all you have done all night long. I am to go to town today with my friend she needs a new dress for Monday. Then we are to stop by the grandparents and spend time with them and eat over there. I have the leaves in the yard to rake and pick up and I need to water my garden. All the dogs are bathed and their hair is cut for summer. My house is clean and all the clothes are washed, dried, folded and put away. Just working on my website project now.
@CoralLevang (40853)
I think that you are more energetic than you think you are. LOL I'm tired reading all you did.
@poehere (17878)
• French Polynesia
@CoralLevang it doesn't take that long to do all this because I'm here alone and not a lot of cleaning to do around here.
@CoralLevang (40853)
@mohit459 (2904)
• Haldwani, India
Ohh you seem to be too busy!... You too take care!..
@CoralLevang (40853)
I stay busy. Keeps me from thinking and dwelling on the unpleasantry of life .
@mohit459 (2904)
• Haldwani, India
@CoralLevang ohh!... . Have a great day!.
• Marion, Kansas
I worked. I am home now and I am going to do a little bit of holiday cooking. I am trying to get caught up on dishes. I may pack for our trip as well.
@cahaya1983 (9655)
Sorry you didn't get a good night's sleep. Hope you managed to get those things done.
@sallypup (21948)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Be careful. I hope you get some rest and relaxation.
Sorry you didnt sleep. The only mail i ever really send is birthday and christnas cards / gifts. Besides the few packages of goodies to a friend this year
Going to be a hard day for you with no sleep. Hopefully, you will get some sleep tonight.