In times of fake everything, what is truth?

More and more we read fake newspaper accounts, hear fake news on TV and the internet, and hear those fake stories repeated. So, what is the truth? Is truth relative as in "my truth" and "your truth'? My truth can be that it's too hot in this house and my husband's truth can be that it's freezing in here. And we're both right. But that's just a matter of body temperature, not a definition of actual truth. Out of all the fake stuff we hear, I prefer to believe what Jesus said in the book of John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Fake is just another word for a lie. When we get caught up in lies, the truth becomes even harder to find. We pretend and then can't remember what the latest pretension/lie was. Proverbs 12:9 reads, "Better to be a nobody and yet have a servant than pretend to be somebody and have no food." I love that. I'd much rather be a nobody in the eyes of the world than to be a fake, pretentious person without food. Do you agree with my definition of truth and fake? I'm a big girl, I can handle different opinions. and I'd love to hear yours.
@UncleJoe (8579)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I wasn't exactly a champion of truth before I found Christ. It didn't bother me to lie. However, on the night I surrendered, I sat down with my wife and confessed to every lie I had ever told her. I have been naturally gray-headed since my mid-20's. My ex used to die my hair so folks wouldn't think she was out with a sugar daddy. I couldn't do that anymore because I felt that it was another form of lying. However, I learned the hard way to never confess that from the pulpit. That really offended several ladies.
Yeah, coloring my hair is one lie I have no trouble confessing to.
@Dena91 (3700)
I love this post. And that is the truth. I have always been skeptical in nature. I realize everyone has their own way of coming to the truths that they believe and I will listen to them but that doesn't mean I agree with them. That is what is wrong with most of us in this time that we are living. We are trying to convince others that my truth is the only truth and you are dumb if you don't agree with me
Thanks for the very well thought out comment.
@LoriAMoore (10031)
The Bible is the only Truth.
Amen, Lori!
@YrNemo (8630)
My children often argued with each other about this news and that news. Yet when they really researched those topics thoroughly, they found out that the info they got there, were all misleading and the results of some people who have a good sense of weird humor.
Sometimes it's the work of people who deliberately try to cause trouble.
@YrNemo (8630)
@1creekgirl You are right too.
I do believe that fake and lie do mean the same thing. Due to the environment in which we live these days, I take whatever is spewed by media outlets, or by those individuals that have a reputation for being untrustworthy or rather clueless the majority of time, as fake or a lie. I need to do a lot of research before I believe what comes my way.
I agree. We can't just take everything at face value.
@Daelii (2071)
I'm not sure what you mean by fake news on tv. In general I agree a lot of online stuff isn't accurate. However different news media outlets are reporting the truth and ignorant fools call it fake news. They did this in Germany during Hitler's rise to power. All media spins articles. It's why I prefer reading news from a .UK news station than us. Less bias but still there.