Couldn't sleep... again

@BarBaraPrz (17594)
St. Catharines, Ontario
I went to bed about 10:30 last night, hoping to catch up on my sleep but when, by midnight I was still awake, I decided to get up and rearrange the furniture... I put away the ironing board but it was a struggle -- wouldn't fold up without putting up quite the fight. Then I moved the china cabinet into its place. Luckily I hadn't filled it yet because I knew I wanted it in the dining room, not the living room where it was first deposited. Then I filled it. Now, when I moved, I rid myself of the 12-place setting "good" china I had in it. So you'd think there'd be lots of empty space when I put everything else back in. Nope. Things expand when you move. I moved a nearly empty bookcase out of the dining room into the spot where the china cabinet stood. I'll be filling it later today. I had wanted to put the sewing machine there but there's no electrical outlet right there. Sigh. It would have been perfect there. Now I have to rethink things. Sigh. Finally went back to bed at 3am.
My husband would kill me if I would rearrange the furniture, he hates changes. Well, as the furniture is built to fit the walls, I could not move it anyway, even if I wanted.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Because I was spending so much time working on the yard this summer I just left most things the way the movers put them and slowly, very slowly put things where they were best suited.
@BarBaraPrz I see, you still had to arrange things in the house.
Do you have ocd? Without my medicine my ocd gets bad! I would not be able to sleep at night because I would think about what needed to be cleaned. After hours of laying thinking about it and not being able to sleep I would just get up and clean what was troubling me.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I don't think so... maybe a bit. But I just thought I've been lazy enough and it was about time I did something constructive for a change.
Too much work. I am tired just by reading all of it.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, you sure make good use of that not-being-able-to-sleep time!!!! We never use the "good" Wedgewood china. I fear breaking it. How silly of me to not use it.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Well, I know I won't be hosting any large dinner parties anymore so I figured I might as well get rid of them while I was ridding myself of other things.
@YrNemo (8758)
If your neighbors could hear all those noises, I wonder what they would think (in the middle of the night too...).
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I now live in a detached bungalow and I wasn't really making a lot of noise, Before, I lived in a row house and those neighbors made much too much noise most every night.
@YrNemo (8758)
@BarBaraPrz (During my single days, I used to wake up at about 11PM (weekends or holidays), banging the piano until 3AM... Like you, my house was on a separate block. It was a lovely time of my life!)
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@YrNemo If you awoke at 11pm when did you go to sleep?
@averygirl72 (14205)
I don't work if I can't sleep I just relax in bed and wait for sleep to come
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Usually I'll go on the computer and see what's happening here or play solitaire, but I decided to be productive instead.
@averygirl72 (14205)
@BarBaraPrz Do you have insomnia too?
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@averygirl72 Sometimes.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
I'm known to be active at strange times, but I don't think I've ever gone as far as rearranging the furniture at that time of the night.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Usually, if I can't sleep, I'll come here but I was getting tired of the unsettled look.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
@BarBaraPrz I sometimes tidy a drawer or do some cleaning at strange hours.
I have trouble getting to sleep also. Have written many posts on helps for this. Hope you got some good rest.
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
I did, thank you. I got up at my regular time but I wasn't tired.
@BarBaraPrz .......That's a good thing.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Oh my! I hope after all those rearranging things, you`re now having a good sleep Have a good night sleep
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Thanks, I did sleep well.
@BarBaraPrz Glad to know
@cahaya1983 (9728)
Arranging the furniture would be the last thing I would think of doing if I wake up in the middle of the night. That was quite a feat!
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Thanks.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'd be tired after all that. Did you finally get some good sleep?
@BarBaraPrz (17594)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Yes, yes I did. Thanks.
It's really annoying.