The trim is nearly done now in my daughters room

A friend of mine and her husband remodeled my daughters room. He started on the trim but never finished it. He started working at a different job and after awhile the wife seemed to push away from our friendship. Fast forward 2-3 years and after waiting around for various carpenters I finally got new windows put in her room about 6 months - a year ago. All that was left was to do the trim around the ceiling, door and windows. Some of the trim I bought wouldn’t work with the angles of the ceiling so it will only have trim across two sides of the ceiling instead of 4 but it looks okay. He got fresh wood to trim around the window and outside of the door in the hallway. All I have to do is wait until summer then I can stain and seal the wood. I added a photo of how it looks right now.
It looks really lovely. Some of these things can drag on sometimes. It will be a relief no doubt when it's finished.
The most important things are done now so I am relieved. It will be great when it is 100% done though!
@shaggin These things can drag on for ages. Once something has been a certain way for a while you forget it was ever anything else and it becomes even harder to get it finished. Hopefully that won't be the case here.
@JudyEv My daughter will nag me to finish it so I'm sure it won't be the case lol
@dodoazo (11188)
They're already look nice and beautiful. For me, they're already okay.
They look nice but do need to be stained darker and then sealed as well as have clear caulk put around the seams.
It looks good!
Thank you I love the trim around the windows.
Tha is a nice photo you added I like the trim a lot like that.
Thanks. She has more room in there now without the trim sitting along the floor waiting to be put up for years.
• Pamplona, Spain
It looks really nice now but when you manage to complete it will look really good. Bit of a time to wait but well worth it I reckon.
He paid $75 for things today. He was here about 3 hours and charged me $150 I didn't think that was too bad. Him being family I'd rather see the money go to him then a stranger.
• Pamplona, Spain
@shaggin That is very reasonable I had a painter go to a house I was living in and within a week the paint had peeled off the doors so I soon got rid of that jester. I thought I had every right to refuse him to come back to make another big mess.
@lovinangelsinstead21 Oh wow how awful did he refund your money?
@Tina30219 (26592)
• Onaway, Michigan
It looks very nice.
Thanks I'm happy with it now trying to decide if I should keep or try to return the extra trim.
@Tina30219 (26592)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin I would return it if you don’t need it
@Tina30219 It was bought about 3 years ago I’m not sure if they still sell it. If they do I can exchange it for a gift card when I need something in the future.
@sallypup (21879)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I love the trim around the windows. Things are so expensive. We had two windows in our living room replaced and that set us back 700 dollars. I'd love to have the two bedroom windows done but not coming up with funds for it right now.
To have the two windows in my daughters room replaced in my daughters room was around $700 but they didn't add any trim so I had to buy that and have this guy install it. Our other windows have leas paint so window would be over $900 to replace plus extra for the trim. To expensive!
@sallypup (21879)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@shaggin The contractor said that each window would cost 350.00 each to put in. My hubby can work on some things but getting a window in so that it is sealed well and seated right plus taking the old one out, nah. That's for paid people.
@sallypup That's good he can do some things I can't do much so I either let things go or have to pay someone what they charge to do the work.
After staining and sealing that wood trim is going to look great!
The trim around the windows I like best. The hallway has a weird gap between the trim and ceiling but as old as the house is its settled hard to get everything cut to fit it perfectly. He would have needed tracing paper and a router is my guess.
@shaggin My husband tried to install trim, and wound up gaps too. Ceilings just have curves in them due to settling.
@Corbin5 That stinks but nothing you can do
Her bedroom is looking well put together. Glad its getting done and the stain/seal will complete the bedroom :)
I look forward to the warm days of summer to finish it up.
@shaggin That sounds like a plan!
@moffittjc (35687)
• Gainesville, Florida
Good job! The trim around the window came out especially nice! Happy Thanksgiving!
The only part I did myself was staining and sealing the floor. That is what I will doing to the trim around the windows and the one side of the door come summer time.
@moffittjc (35687)
• Gainesville, Florida
@shaggin That's nice that you are tackling this project. Sure will be nice once it's all finished!
I love how it looks and love the blue paint! Glad it's just about done for her.
Thanks I look forward to summer when I can finally completely finish it. I can do the rest myself thankfully and not have to deal with waiting for anyone else to do things.
@shaggin That, I could do, too! lol
Long wait to have it done, but it looks great!
The wait was way to long but thankfully it is almost finished now!
@shaggin I am still waiting for renovations to be done here. Hoping now that we can get them done this spring.
@Dyvette16 (1372)
• San Antonio, Texas
That is a while but coming together wonderful !
It took forever to get to this point but I’m glad it’s nearly complete.
@Dyvette16 (1372)
• San Antonio, Texas
@shaggin yes only going forward , and now just for the finishing touches !
It looks good now.
Thanks. It will look even better when fully done. I already have stain and sealer so it won't cost me anything more.
@shaggin awesome!
@LoriAMoore (9986)
Oh you've made her such a nice space.
I didn’t do much of the labor but her room looks pretty nice now. So much better then years ago when it was so hot from no insulation, hideous wallpaper over lathe and plaster walls and a sagging ceiling that would have collapsed in a few years.
I think it looks nice
Thank you very much!
@sol_cee (13596)
• Japan
Cool cat on the door. ;)
Grumpy cat suits my teen daughter well.
@Madshadi (4704)
• Brussels, Belgium
It must have been frustrating to wait that long. But finally it’s done and looks good.
It was frustrating waiting but thankfully its mostly done now and the rest I can do by myself and not have to pay anyone.
That took some time, but I can see that the finished product will be worth the wait.
I wish it had been taken care of sooner but at least its nearly done now.
@bluesa (12798)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That looks so cool! I love the colour on the walls too! That is one moody cat! Lol.
My daughter chose the color it’s very vibrant I like it too!