Half of You Were Right and The Other Half Wrong

This morning I wrote my post about going to the DMV and getting my drivers license renewed. I was betting that the DMV wouldn't be crowded since it's a busy week and people would be occupied doing other things. Well, in response to everyone who offered their betting choice I have to say I lost When I got there my daughter dropped me off at the door and went to find a parking space. The line was right to the door and I had to squeeze in and since I only needed my picture taken I thought maybe there was a shorter line for that. Nope. Not only was the line extremely long but there wasn't an empty seat in the whole place so that meant everyone sitting needed assistance and those standing in line were in for a long wait. I left, found my daughter and now have to go back and try this once again another day. So, those who said it would be crowded were right and the rest of us who figured it wouldn't be were wrong. Pat yourself on the back if you said it would be busy. Good thing those who sided with me didn't have money on this bet. The day wasn't a total loss as we ran a few errands while we were out and of course made a stop at Hobby Lobby
I'm sorry, I was hoping I would be wrong but I had a feeling everyone would think the same way. I'm glad you enjoyed your time at Hobby Lobby-I know you like craft stores. =)
I can't remember what I said..I think I was neutral. I didn't feel confident about busy or non busy. Sorry, it was a pain! It usually is!
yes hobby lobby saved you.lol
@koopharper (6317)
Hope you're able to find a day when it isn't so crowded. I often try to come in just as they're opening. That often gets me through stuff like that with reasonable speed.
I am rarely right, so thank you for this discussion. Whew!!
• Marion, Kansas
No day is a total loss if you get to go to Hobby Lobby.
Ugh. Was hoping you wouldn't have that issue
When I got my drivers license in Oregon last year there was no line at all. In and out really fast. Small towns are neat.
Every time I pass by one of the DMVs out here, there is a super long line outside . . . I don't know when it is not crowded! It's probably hit or miss . . . it probably was not crowded before and after you were there . Well going to Hobby Lobby afterwards, that's must've been a great treat!!
I sided with you, but I am not a gambler, so happy for that.
DMV is always busy it seems.
I was right. I knew someone was thinking like you this morning.
• Portland, Connecticut
In CT we can go to AAA to get our license pictures done and new lisences issued. hat saves a lot of time.
@sugartoes (34695)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow, this close to the holidays too, I would have done the same thing. is there any way you could do that online? that may work better if you can.
What a shame. Maybe everybody had the same idea - that, being Thanksgiving, there'd be less people.
Ugh. I get my driver's license renewed at the tag agency. I rarely get a line there.
@sallypup (21879)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Now that you have to go do that all over again. Bummer. I hope you have better luck next time.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Our dmv is fast
Why are the DMVs always like this grrr! Such a waste of time. I love Hobby Lobby I haven’t been to one in along time though.
@dgobucks226 (6713)
Usually license renewal where a picture has to be retaken is the longest wait. They say it always best to go in the middle of the month, middle of the week, and middle of the day. I guess the middle of the road may not be so bad, lol.