Favorite "Dream" Songs #2 - "Dreamland"

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Dream #2. That's where we are in my Favorite "Dream" Songs series, a countdown of songs with "dream" in the title. The second spot belongs to "Dreamland" by The Merry Thoughts. From their second (and final) album, 1996's Psychocult, "Dreamland" was not a hit, nor, as far as I can tell, was it released as a single. No, what "Dreamland" has going for it is that it sounds very much like The Sisters of Mercy. If you don't listen to goth, you might be surprised at just how many bands have tripped all over each other over the years, trying to sound like that legendary goth group. Sisters clones are all over the goth landscape, including The Merry Thoughts. The Merry Thoughts took it to the extreme, however. It's one thing to TRY to sound like The Sisters of Mercy. It's another thing altogether to sound more like The Sisters of Mercy than The Sisters of Mercy. And The Merry Thoughts more than succeed. In other words, of all the Sisters clones, The Merry Thoughts are, as far as I'm concerned, the best of the lot, right down to vocalist Marvin Arkham's eerie similarity, in both voice and appearance, to Sisters of Mercy vocalist Andrew Eldritch. Original? No. Awesome? Yes. Enjoy! (Info verified by Wikipedia)
The Merry Thoughts - Millenium Done I: Empire Songs (1993) Country: Germany http://www.themerrythoughts.com/
Thanks for the link. I enjoyed this.
I'm glad you liked it. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea.
You choosing goth? Shocking! There is some hard driving beat there.
I know. It's like, "where did this stuff come from?"
Never heard this one, not bad at all.
Cool. I'll take "not bad at all" everytime!
@FourWalls (12939)
Wow, you used a goth song. Next thing you know, I'll be using a Jim Reeves song! Good song. Doesn't sound "too" goth (if that makes sense).
Somebody's got to defend castle goth. Might as well be me.
Rock on Dreamland rock on!
Rock on!
I've never heard it before, but it's fairly likable. I think we were friends on Bubblews. You wrote a great deal about music, and you rode either a dirt bike or drove a bike for very long distances. Do I have the right person?
Oh yes, that's me. I haven't changed here.