Got My Tree Up

Earlier today my sister came over and helped me get my little fiber optic tree put up. It's just a little tabletop tree, but my coffee table was overflowing with clutter so we had to clean that off first before setting up the tree. The tree was no problem at all putting together, all I had to do was insert it into the base and then plug it in. It was just cleaning the coffee table beforehand that was a pain! Anyway, now I'm all ready for Christmas. I don't think I will be putting my normal full-size tree up this year. I just haven't felt like digging out all my holiday stuff from the closet they are stored in. The fiber optic tree I got is black, so it's different. I really like it though. My cat, Mr. Lister, has already tried to knock it over. I think the changing fiber optic lights might be too tempting for him to resist! Have you put your tree up yet?
Glad to hear you got your tree up and, yes mines up too.
Awesome. Did you get it all decorated?
@Srbageldog Yes, it's all decorated now too.
• Riga, Latvia
No tree or Christmas decorations for me this year since I lost my husband in August. I will just get a few presents for myself, sit with my cat Sid and watch Christmas movies.
My heart goes out to you. I hope the holidays aren't too difficult for you to get through. It's not nearly the same, but I always get sad and depressed this time of year and start missing my grandma.
@RasmaSandra Do you like watching older Christmas movies or newer ones? I love the old ones like It's a Wonderful Life, The Bishop's Wife, The Shop Around the Corner, and Christmas in Connecticut. Those are some of my favorites.
@moffittjc (41191)
• Gainesville, Florida
Our neighborhood Christmas tree lot just got their shipment of trees yesterday, so probably this Friday or Saturday the kids and I will go pick out a tree and take it home and start decorating it. I'm eager to get my tree up early this year because I already have tons of presents for the kids hidden around the house that I'd like to wrap and put under the tree.
I haven't had a real tree since I was a teenager. I'm trying to figure out where I'll put our gifts this year (I guess I can just put them in a small pile around the tree on the coffee table...but the cat might try to get into them.)
@moffittjc (41191)
• Gainesville, Florida
@Srbageldog I have to figure out where I'm going to put the tree this year. I moved to a new house back in February, and the layout of my living room is not really conducive to putting up a tree in a good location. I might have to do some serious moving around of furniture to make it feasible.
@moffittjc Good luck with that. I hate rearranging furniture to have room for a tree. We always had to do that when I was growing up, and it was such a pain. But I guess a necessary "evil" in order to enjoy a Christmas tree.
We have to go out to cut one down. I have told my husband that we aren't getting a huge tree. Our granddaughter is getting excited to think of having a Christmas tree in our home. I have to do some rearranging before we can put one in here though. Hubby will have to help me because the furniture is too heavy for me to move on my own. Wish I could put up a small table top tree until we get out real one. I will do some decorating this weekend, after Thanksgiving. Little Miss will be delighted.
Christmas is always so exciting for the little ones. Has she ever gotten to cut down a tree before? (Or rather, gone along while an adult cut one down.) Rearranging furniture is always such a pain. We always had to rearrange the living room when I lived at home before we could get our tree up. I hope you and Little Miss have fun decorating this weekend.
@Srbageldog Little Miss has never been out to cut a tree. It will be so much fun for all of us. I am looking forward to it. This weekend will be busy for us and that will be a lot of fun for Little Miss to get a little bit of decorating done. We are also going to see Santa if time allows. Have to see if her mother wants to tag along. I like to include her if at all possible. Getting the room rearranged will mean catching my husband off guard in the evening. He won't be home during the day because it is hunting season. Until he gets a deer he will be gone all day.
@HazySue (19934)
Not yet, I also will be putting up a small fiber optic tree. I usually do it sometime during the weekend of Thanksgiving.
I love those fiber optic trees. They are so beautiful.
I went away on a business trip last Friday and when I came home Monday, our tree was up already. Our house maid did it.
It's always nice when someone else does all the work for you! I wish I would come home to find my tree up already, lol.
@Srbageldog Yeah it's such a big help since I'm always busy and out of the house most of the time.
@m_audrey6788 (13820)
Oh That`s great! A change is good
Yes, changing things up is always good.
@Srbageldog Thank you