What's keeping you late at night?

It's nothing new for me to be sleeping late at night. I actually hated it because it really makes you irritating when you wake up through out the day. After a couple of days I've realized there are two things that keeps me awake. One, is the coffee because the other day I drank it three times when it was supposed to be just twice or once a day. Then videos on the internet, what's even more is net-flix I seemed to have lost control that I ended up stopping around 2 in the morning. I couldn't resist but to watch and finish the season of the show. Not to mention I've develop a huge procrastination problem. I'm sure I'm not alone in this kind of problem. But some day I hope there will come a time were I could sleep early and full eight hours again.
Fro the past three weeks I've been going to bed the latest at 4am but not because I couldn't sleep. It's because I'm out with friends.
Hello @toniganzon at least you get to spent the great night with your friends. In my end I feel like slower than time itself.
@Letranknight2015 Yep and it's always fun time with them, eating at our favorite restaurants and just having fun chatting with each other.
@averygirl72 (14084)
I have insomnia but I try to sleep at 9pm. Sometimes I cannot sleep the whole night. Why not watch netflix in the morning?
Hello @averygirl72 Because I do online stuff in the morning and if I start watching Netflix then it would not stop.
My grandmother had a rule about not green tea after 2:00pm . . . but I think for me I gotta stop at 11:00am! But we drink coffee only during weekends (but I do still have green tea during the week). My mind doesn't turn off . . . I can get to sleep ok, but I will often wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep because I'm thinking of all these things.
Hello @much2say Not even green tea? after two in the afternoon? why is that? wow I didn't think of having that much limited time just for a coffee.
@Letranknight2015 Oops, I left out a word above. My grandmother had a rule about "not drinking" green tea after 2 . . . it was because of the caffeine. If she drank it before 2, that would give enough time for the caffeine to go out of her system so she wouldn't have sleeping problems at night. And that is the same for me . . . if I have too much caffeine later on in the day, I will definitely pay for it at night as the caffeine won't allow me to sleep all the way through.
@much2say So, that's how it works. No wonder I couldn't sleep at night the way I'm supposed to. But I can't help to drink coffee anyways.
Both of these habits that kept you up I have done in th past as well. Now I usually only drink one large mug of coffee in the morning and lay down for a half hour at 9:30 and go to bed by 10pm. If I don’t I will be exhausted the next day.
Hello @shaggin Maybe I should have prepared myself to lay down when ever it reaches 9 in the evening.
@Letranknight2015 Do you like to read? I find it relaxing!
@shaggin Nope reading isn't one of my hobbies unfortunately.
@YrNemo (8657)
I did that (watching lots of movies or old TV series in one go) every now and then when I could afford the time. Hope you could soon return to your normal sleeping hours .
Hello @YrNemo I hope I get to chance to control myself in the evening and get the sleep that I need.
@YrNemo (8657)
@Letranknight2015 I got that problem sometimes when I read books online in the past or wanted to finish a certain TV series. Good luck.
It is now almost 3 AM and I am still awake.
Hello @jstory07 I didn't know you get to sleep late at night.
@Letranknight2015 Yes every single night.
@dodoazo (11269)
Sleep deprivation is not good for a person as far as I know. It will create a bad effect to one's health. There are more articles about the bad effects of sleep deprivation. You better check it for it's not yet too late.
Hello @dodoazoI know that it's not good but I just can't help it most of the time.
@kepweng (6388)
im awaking im hungry midnight snacks
Hello @kepweng Yes I have done that for a couple of days but didn't help me get some sleep.
I just prefer being awake if I'm not tired. I don't want to sleep yet lol.
Hello @TRBRocks420 so what time do you sleep? okay I hope it doesn't affect your health.
@lady1993 (15616)
we are kind of the same, it's the movies for me too, and the surfing the net. but sometimes i play back some moments in the morning that i regret too
Hello @lady1993 For the moment I don't want replay for the episode I've watch before except wtih Star trek Voyager.
@ridingbet (37995)
TV and mylotting, but if i am dozing off, i will call it a night
Hello @ridingbet maybe I should do the same when ever I feel sleepy.
@ridingbet (37995)
@Letranknight2015 hope you will have a restful night ahead.
@yanzalong (8856)
Once in a blue moon, I sleep late at night. I usually hit the hay around 20 - 21.
Hello @yanzalong 20 - 21? I've been sleeping late way too often now a days.
@prashu228 (22641)
Nothing ..i sleep on time
Hello @prashu228 what time do you sleep? good for you.
@ilocosboy (33294)
This is truly one... mylot
Hello @ilocosboy so you are sleeping late night because of mylot? wow I used to sleep late because of that.
You are procrastinating all right, and way too much coffee.
One night I had a little trouble sleeping because I was out of the OTC med that I usually use to help me sleep. That and I was a little cold, but I was too lazy and cheap to turn on the heat. I just waited it out. I watched some Netflix periodically to pass the time.