Cleaning and unpacking

Now that I finally have my kids and pets home with me, it seems we spend a lot of time cleaning. Lol how two teens one being less than a year and a half from being an adult make so much messes astounds me. My home was practically spotless when it was just me at home. We unpacked the boxes and now have to unpack all the bins we have. So much to do!
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
The difference right lol have a great day !
I guess at least my home is lived in now lol Coming home to an empty and lonely apartment sucked
@Dyvette16 (1361)
• San Antonio, Texas
@acrogodess yeah lol it’s only good for a while and then you miss how it really is !
@ilocosboy (33294)
Three of you there. Just imagine our house with eight people. Imagine the littering and the clothes, bags and schools things that are just put around.
But that is what I mean, even when it was 5 or 6 of us in the home, I feel it wasn't this messy. Maybe it's because this is the smallest place we've ever lived in? I don't know.
@ilocosboy (33294)
I see, yeah, maybe that is the reason.
Not all teens are messy.. get them to work on that
@acrogodess guess everyone with adhd is different as my uncle, brother and cousins are and they were hardly ever messy. Glad you're working on it.
@Courtlynn yes, like autism, ADHD is a spectrum. My son has high functioning autism and severe ADHD so he especially lacks focus and gets forgetful. My daughter has mild ADHD and depression and anxiety but that's a whole other story. They help clean up but as one place gets cleaned someplace else gets messy lol. I'm disorganized (in my own room) but clean so seeing a big mess in the public areas of the apartment drives me up the wall.
@acrogodess one of my cousins is supposedly autistic but suee as heck doesnt act it. So we dont believe it. Think his mom lied to us.
@kobesbuddy (19472)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Teens have more things they place value on, than both parents belongings, all put together!
Never thought of it that way.
@kobesbuddy (19472)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@yanzalong (8867)
Housewives are always busy. As long as you enjoy it; that'll be fine
I'm not a housewife. I'm a single mom who works full time. Either way, cleaning has never been something I enjoyed lol I just do it because it has to get done
@yanzalong (8867)
@acrogodess I see. Your children still go to school?
@yanzalong I homeschool them. They are both high schoolers.
• Preston, England
@acrogodess I create quite a clutter when I unpack too
We still have much more to unpack plus the stuff I have to pick up from my mother's place. Oh dear. Lol
• Preston, England
@acrogodess some stuff I only use for travelling lives in my suitcase - so it rarely gets unpacked
• Thane, India
In my house since my childhood ,actually my grand mother was strict , she create a environment in house where everybody should get involve in cleaning and putting things at right place , otherwise she use to punish us in our childhood but later on pampered as well, but after getting married we are trying to carry the same tradition but its really difficult to handle two or more children, it's really it need lot of patience , hats off to those housewives who really do well at home
My children do help with cooking and cleaning, caring for the pets and even shopping. However, they do create more of a mess than I do alone. I just marvel at how much of a mess they can make throughout the course of the day. I'm definitely not a housewife. I work full time and I also homeschool my children. I'm so busy most of the time that I'm making myself sick with stress
Teens really are a messy bunch. Our son is an adult now and has a home of his own, thank goodness!
On the bright side, I haven't had to cook one meal in days. Tomorrow's thanksgiving meal however it's me cooking it