Malapropism .... I think I am guilty of doing this sometimes.

A lucky shot of Ally winking, I took this shot in 2013.
El Paso, Texas
I know, it's a strange word, I just looked it up because I saw a funny video from the really really old Dean Martin show. Yeah, he was a very funny guy. His guest in the clip I linked is Norm Crosby who made a career out of the mispronunciation of big words. Do you ever mispronounce a big word.
We've been hard at work on the new YouTube, and it's better than ever. Try it now. Close Skip navigation Sign inSearch Loading... Close Yeah, keep it Undo Close Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue The next video is startingstop Loading... Watch Queue Queue __
Yes I love good old Dean!
Me too, he was so funny.
Those older clips are such fun to watch. I was watching Carol Burnett's Favorites from the Carol Burnett show.
Oh, her show was fun too. There were so many back then. Too bad many of them were not recorded, it would be fun to watch them on Netflix or something like that ..... Ok, I know you'll ask why not YouTube and honestly the video quality of some of the crud on YouTube renders it out of the question. I do try to find good quality videos when using their videos here but they are few and far between
@rebelann Ally is winking at me!!!!!!!
Yes, she knows yer as much a clown as she is @Corbin5
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
The Dean Martin show was always one of my favorites @rebelann . Medical terminology is the easiest to screw up. Oh BTW, I absolutely love that picture of Ally; how perfect is that!!!!!
Thank you, that shot was accidental but I'm glad it turned out as it did. I loved that show too, boy did we have a lot of good shows back then.
@nanette64 (13899)
• Fairfield, Texas
@rebelann Didn't we though? (shows)
I miss them @nanette64 the shows today aren't funny anymore or else humor has changed, is that even possible?
@FayeHazel (11863)
Thanks for sharing!
You are welcome. I'm curious, I know you're a lot younger than I am, did you find the clip funny? I get the feeling humor has changed from generation to generation
• Portland, Connecticut
lol I loved the Dean Martin show and Norm Crosby, I thought he used the wrong words rather than mispronouncing them? Anyway, yup I have vocalized a few malapropisms in my time lol
You could be right about that, I just know he was too funny. He's still kicking at 90 years old.
• Portland, Connecticut
@rebelann Watching that clip made me realize how funny Dean Martin was as well.
Oh yes, he really was funny @BelleStarr even though he would have been charged with all kinds of harassment in this day and age.
Funny photo and funny clip. Did you ever watch Rowan and Martin's Laugh In? That was one American show that we used to watch, it was so funny.
I'm so glad you liked it. I loved Rowan and Martin's Laugh In, it was even funny to my parents although they didn't always understand what they were joking about especially the "Sock it to me" part.
@rebelann It was one of the shows that were consistently funny
I know @jaboUK I never saw an episode that didn't make me laugh. Sock it to me baby Oh, found this funny clip:
Hosted by Dan Rowan and Dick Martin, this ground-breaking variety show was a fast moving barrage of jokes, one-liners, running skits, musical numbers and mad...
@pgntwo (21769)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I enjoyed that very much, both the picture on your post and the video clip. As this is a response, I can either put a pic on it or a link to a clip... I have gone for the latter, enjoy the words all coming out in the wrong order
The Two Ronnies Series Five (1976) Another popular sketch, but I couldn't resist. I'm accepting requests for any Two Ronnies or Morecambe and Wise (BBC) sket...
a giggle for a giggle,
@pgntwo (21769)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@rebelann yup, share the mirth
The mow the merrier @pgntwo