Back from the doctor

It was a short visit as they all are. He was very concerned to hear that my depression has worsened so much. He said it was clear that my anti-depressant was no longer working and it needed to be changed. So now I am starting a new one and weaning off of the one I've been on for the past few years. I am due back to see him in 3 weeks so he can check to see if there is any improvement. . . or if things get even worse I suppose. Interestingly, my husband was happy to hear about how the visit went. Usually he is very negative about the psychiatrist because he says all the guy does is just throw drugs at the problem. I guess he realizes that any improvement in the situation at this point will be a good thing. At the moment he is at the gun range. When he gets back we are going to go out to our usual hangout for a late lunch. We will be out of there before it gets too crazy for the Thanksgiving Eve partying.
Were you prescribed something of a stronger nature?
Just something different. Same thing--an antidepressant. Just a newer and different one. Trintellix.
@LoriAMoore Yes he did say that it could cause stomach upset. It didn't do that on an empty stomach but I did almost pass out at the gym this morning. Felt very lightheaded.
@kobesbuddy (19368)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Any improvement at all, is a great big step forward! Have a nice lunch, with your hubby:)
Thanks! We will.
@kobesbuddy Lexapro worked for me for a long time.
@kobesbuddy (19368)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@NJChicaa Yes, I'm doing quite a bit better.
• Pamplona, Spain
Its good if it helps you in any way. Have a lovely day ahead also and with your family.
Thank you!
• Pamplona, Spain
@NJChicaa Truly hope the medicine does you good and it does the trick.
Hope the medication change helps. Enjoy your evening out.
We are. Cheers!
@Dyvette16 (1366)
• San Antonio, Texas
I hope that you are able to take deep breaths and take things day by day , there is light at the end of the tunnel
I hope so!
@Dyvette16 (1366)
• San Antonio, Texas
@NJChicaa yes just ease your mind and try thinking about the positive rather than the negative
@Blondie2222 (18130)
Glad the appointment went well and the new meds work. Happy 2 hear your husband was at ease with this appointment. Enjoy your lunch out
@NJChicaa I've got to get to reading more posts! Thanks for Reminding me that I was missing out! Medication changes can make all the difference.