Thanks on Thanksgiving Day!

I don't really know when thanksgiving day exactly is and I just saw a post about it. It's today but we don't celebrate that in our country. I know nothing about thanksgiving day. But I am grateful for today because I received something from a client who became a good friend. They are so generous that it's hard to refuse them when they give something. And when they do, they don't give cheap items. So even though I don't understand what exactly is thanksgiving for, I'm giving thanks to all the generous people who constantly spoil me with presents. I am giving thanks for a wonderful blessed life I am enjoying. And I am grateful for just waking up alive today! Happy thanksgiving to those who are celebrating!
Just to let you know Philippines is more than welcome to celebrate it and, I happen to know some of them do, to the other comment it is very important, but no holiday is more so celebrated than Christmas here.
The Philippines have been copying the western culture for so many years that we start to lose our own traditional ways. That's why I'd rather celebrate our own than copy from others. I have learned that celebrating thanksgiving in the US is historical. We don't share the same history. But we have our thanksgiving, but it's not the same date celebrated in the whole country nor is it a holiday. It's different per island.
We don't have Thanksgiving in Australia either. It's always nice to give thanks, whatever day it is!
That is so true. We don't actually need thanksgiving to be grateful for the blessings we receive on a daily basis.
@ilocosboy (37424)
Happy thanksgiving day to you
WE don't celebrate thanksgiving in the Philippines.
@ilocosboy (37424)
Maybe we should celebrate thanksgiving also
@ilocosboy It's not our culture to do so. I hate copying others culture when we have our own authentic ones.
I like to be thankful every day of my life.
Same here. Every single day I wake up alive I'm so grateful.
Wow what a nice thanks giving gift. I hope it's not fake, have you have check the website about it? very thoughtful of the client.
I'm a makeup enthusiast and I can tell fakes from authentic. Plus the person who has given it to me is a person who owns a 20M house with 7 bedrooms, a 110sqm condo in Rockwell (she lives in the same condo as KC Concepcion), and who owns a very profitable and big business in Manila. I will not tell which company to protect her privacy. Most of the people who have given me presents wouldn't dare give me an imitation item as they all know that I'm very particular with brand names. I am very familiar with the brand Octard and it's from Meiko. I have a similar set of makeup from Meiko which was released ahead of Octard called Naturactor so I don't need to check the website for its authenticity.
@magallon (18119)
It is said that American Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November. It is a public holiday to them. As far as I know, many of the Americans celebrate it more than Christmas Day. And if during Christmas day here in the Philippines, we have Ham on our table, in them is a Turkey on their table every Thanksgiving Day....
I am very much aware of how they celebrate thanksgiving as I have families living in the US. I just simply don't give it much thought as I am not celebrating it at all.
@ridingbet (59601)
i did not know about thanksgiving day until i asked my sister just this lunchtime. she said it is thanksgiving day about 3 days before Christ the King (or Cristo Rey). i said it is not marked in the calendar. she said the day is already marked even without posting in the calendar.
We're simply not aware as we don't actually celebrate it.
@peachpurple (12770)
You are lucky to receive s gift from your friend. What is it ?
the writing on both boxes say "foundation" so it's makeup
@hereandthere beat me to it. You can see it in the photo. It's cosmetics from Japan. One of the favourites by celebrities here.
@peachpurple (12770)
@hereandthere oh makeup are expensive if branded
@hereandthere (32790)
i know that it always falls on the last thursday of november (so the date is movable). it's the exact date of halloween that i still haven't memorized, but i do know it's before our all saint's day/all soul's day. every christmas, we have one neighbor who always gives us grapes, and another neighbor who always gives us ham. i'm always thankful about that.
Halloween is October 31st
I'll never forget the halloween since it's fixed, always on the 31st of October.
@toniganzon now i'm having second thoughts about thanksgiving - is it third or fourth thursday?
• Calgary, Alberta
I don't celebrate thanks giving because its a celebration of white people killing Native Americans.
I had to read about it after being asked what's Thanksgiving for and yeah I found out about it and nope, I still don't want to celebrate it because I'm a Filipino.
• Calgary, Alberta
@toniganzon Remember I am Peruvian and Latinos have Native American blood. I do not want to celebrate the murder of my people? I have more reason to not celebrate it. I can have turkey any time of the year.
@CaptAlbertWhisker I didn't know you were from that descent. It's not thanksgiving today but we're having turkey tonight with martini.
Its tomorrow.. thursday november 23rd. Its still Wednesday november 22nd here in the US. Where it is celebrated.
Yeah I know but it's the 23rd here already.
@toniganzon gotcha.. but its american holiday so not the holiday yet. Lol.. its just a gathering with fanily and friends and having turkey and stuff for a meal. For most, btw.
@Courtlynn Yeah I know about how it is celebrated just don't know the history and why it is celebrated exactly. Most of my relatives are in the US and they do celebrate it but I just don't bother ask them why and what's it for since we don't celebrate it here anyway.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It is not a South African holiday either. But it is wonderful you are thankful for so much. I know I have much to be thankful for as well. :)
If we look at the simple things we enjoy every single day, we have a lot to be thankful about.
@bluesa (15115)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@toniganzon , that is so true, we really do
Only North Americans and Canadians celebrate, it is to give thanks in memory of the first harvest the Pilgrims had when they moved to the New World. In the United States it is always celebrated the 3rd Thursday of November in Canada the second Monday of October.
Yeah I have learned that it's historical, I just didn't bother to know more about it since we don't celebrate such.
We really don't celebrate. In fact we usually go to a bar. We are staying home today, but not really eating a special meal. Happy Thanksgiving to you anyway, even if you don't really celebrate in the Philippines.
Thank you. We had turkey last Friday.