What is Christmas like at your house?

Pixabay image
Rochester, New York
On Black Friday we are supposed to go get our Christmas tree. The tree lot is about an hour away. On the way there we usually stop by McDonalds and get drinks, we get our tree and then head back. On the way back we stop by a restaurant and get ice cream. At home the tree goes up and we decorate it the next day. I did tell mum that the tree was going down the day after New Years because I refuse to take it down in September like I did this year. Christmas eve we are having the family over for the first time in numerous years. Everyone has their own homes and families, so mum and I decided to have everyone come to our house. Out of everyone, we have the biggest house with the most room. We're going to have the table set up buffet style and there will be a fire lit and holiday music playing on the television. We usually open one gift that night and the rest get opened the next day. On Christmas day it's only my sister, mum and I so we usually get up around 10am. The girls and my sister show up and we do presents. Mum makes biscuits and gravy and we have donuts, milk, oj and coffee. What's your holiday like?
@1creekgirl (12474)
That all sounds wonderful! For many yars now, I cook our big dinner on Christmas Eve, then we all have left overs the next day after opening gifts.
We put up the Christmas tree on December 6th, it's a local tradition. On Christmas Eve we have dinner with family members, we go to the midnight Mass and when we come back we open the gifts. The day of Christmas we are the two of us only, sometimes my mother.
I always go to my youngest daughter´s house. The presents are opened on Christmas Eve and after that there´s a big dinner with everyone.
We might be home alone this year but that's okay too. We're dining at friends on Christmas Eve so that will be nice.
Sounds like a fun time and, we do dinner and, presents at Grandma's.
I have not had a Christmas in a few years. We used to do a lot like you do.
We do the tree thanksgiving night after dinner. We used to open one gift each on christmas eve too, when we were kids and have many gifts. Now we hardly have 5 gifts each to open so we wait til christnas day to open them. Then we watch christmas shows and movies all day and have lasagna for dinner
@ridingbet (60653)
my sister will decorate our house with the colorful Christmas lights, then we prepare food for the midnight of Christmas and New Year. although we won't be complete, the atmosphere is always radiant.
@sallypup (29287)
• Moses Lake, Washington
What a sweet old fashioned time for you and yours. I miss those days. Now its my hubby and I. Frankly this year I am thinking about not buying a Christmas tree. I'm the one who cares about it and really I don't feel like it. I sound like a Grinch. I probably need to find a manic 4 year old.
Your Christmas at your house sounds very nice.
@m_audrey6788 (17072)
Your Holidays are wonderful When I was young and single no family of my own, We really make sure that Holidays will be celebrated no matter what happens. Even if we only have simple food on the table My younger siblings most of the time are the ones receiving gifts and we older ones just enjoying seeing them surprised and enjoys Christmas
September?? You may as well have left it up! My Christmas involves making my present opening last as long as possible, a turkey dinner with all the trimmings at my BiLs, and drinking. It then involves a second day with Mumsy, my brothers and my nephews, with more presents and fun times. I love Christmas. I dress up prettily and everything, whilst everybody else slobs around in jeans and Christmas jumpers!.