Teaching on Thanksgiving and Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Japan
Hi folks, it is Thanksgiving Day here, but since I teach at an international school we do not have the day off. Instead, we get tomorrow, which is Friday, giving us a long weekend. Today is both American Thanksgiving and Japanese "Thanks to the Workers" day. The only thing Japanese do on this day is get a day off work, maybe go shopping or something. My family and I usually do Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday all at the same time in January right before we go back to school!
Thanksgiving is a big festival. Have a good day! I heard there is a big promotion in Amazon Japan during this period
• Japan
I think they are doing Black Friday this year. That's a new one to me.
@petatonicsca Yes, there will be good deals for the Black Friday
So you kill three birds with one stone in January? That's good. We don't 'do' Thanksgiving in Australia either. One of our public holidays is called Labour Day but really it's just a holiday.
Have a nice one too.
@dodoazo (19441)
Happy Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy it and have fun
@peachpurple (12875)
That is nice, to celebrate all at once in a month Is it school holidays already in Japan?
Happy Thanksgiving and, have a great day.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great time!