3 angry "thanksgiving shoppers"!

@Daelii (2060)
My husband finally got home after working overnight. He said the store had 3 angry shoppers and a few others show up and hang out to get in on the deals this morning. Only problem? They miss read the add! The store opens at 6 pm (evening) and they were out there waiting at 6 am (morning)! If you misread the add and were informed the store doesn't open til later would you be rude and angry towards the workers??? Would you expect to get in early?
Oh how dumb..
@Daelii (2060)
I know! i'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore.
@Daelii I must sa despite long lines at JC Penney yesterday everyone seemed to handle it with great aplomb.
@Daelii (2060)
@snowy22315 Yes, one thing I learnt in retail. Even if the line is super long... just smile, talk and don't ignore the customers. A few "Hi, im sorry to keep you waiting, but trying to offer everyone the best service is important! " helps cool down people waiting, or any variation of it!
It was their own fault so why be idiots about it? Some people are just ridiculous! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.
@Daelii (2060)
I know! Thank you so much! Happy thanksgiving to you too!
Just another prime example of 3 idiots.
@Daelii (2060)
So true! I hate to say it, but its likely the idiots like that which do go showing up, making a scene because they can't get in early, and all those people who stood in lines hours before the shopping event started.. that paved the way for people to further extend the black Friday sales into Thursday. So who knows, maybe next year they will be opening longer on thanksgiving, yet again!
@LoriAMoore (9987)
What a bunch of dolts! Everybody knows it's 6 PM.
@Daelii (2060)
I know, but there are some other places that are open earlier. Some stores are doing their own hour differences instead of the "company wide" guidelines.
• Riga, Latvia
People think they know it all and will get their way.
@Daelii (2060)
yes! some people have a very entitled attitude and don't like being told no when they want to break the rules and do their own thing.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Oh my goodness!
Heavens no. Not their fault. That's a shame. Bet hubby is glad he is home.
@Daelii (2060)
yes! he slept some, ate dinner, and is napping again. He gets to work over night the black Thursday / Black Friday sales.
@Daelii ......Not sure that would be much fun.
@Daelii (2060)
@celticeagle I feel so bad for him. I really hope the crazy shoppers are not going to be to bad tonight.
@Bluedoll (16820)
Things like these make me want to laugh at angry people which is something I think is good to do. I seldom laugh at other people but this is one time I'm comfortable to do so. If they were not so angry they might laugh about it too.
@Daelii (2060)
lol! maybe they did laugh about it if they ever sat down to spend time with family on thanksgiving.
@sallypup (21925)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Those silly people. They shouldn't take their frustration out on the helpless worker.
@Daelii (2060)
I know! I have at times mis-read adds (especially when the print is so tiny) but there is no reason in the world to get mad at associates!
I rarely need to get angry with shop assistants. It's probably to do with my age!