Congrats you just won 10 million dollar lottery! Where would you live?

Pixabay image
Rochester, New York
I love all things English and tell people that I was born in the wrong country. I would move to London or into one of the small towns in the country. Cornwall on the beach would be a dream come true. The photo is Lovat Lane in London. I love the style and the look of the street. The old style is what I am drawn to the most. I also love the history there and the fact that they have royalty is also a perk as I am fascinated by the English Royal Family.
Hawaii I would move there. Also have a home in the woods here off grid, enough solar power to run a nice size home.
• Rochester, New York
I would love to visit Hawaii. The scenery is so beautiful.
@ilocosboy (33300)
Build my bungalow at the top of the hills that was decorated of pine trees and a garden of vegetables.
• Rochester, New York
You would have to ensure that it is storm proof!
@ilocosboy (33300)
yeah, I will ensure its gonna be tough against all natural calamities.
I think I could live in France quite easily. I love Ireland too but the cold would get to me after a while.
• Rochester, New York
I love visiting France. We were there 1 day and that was long enough to go up the Eiffel Tower and then we left.
@LisaSteinmetz It's good you got to see the Eiffel Tower but there is so much more to see.
@kobesbuddy (19664)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I'd probably live here, in this house. But, I'd also have a getaway, in the Bahama!
• Rochester, New York
Nice choice! Grab your suit and lay on the beach!
@kobesbuddy (19664)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LisaSteinmetz Our pastor always vacationed in the Bahamas. I always thought that would be a nice spot to visit:)
I would stay living where I am now. But with more money I could travel more and help out some friends.
• Rochester, New York
I would help out my family as well and open up savings accounts for my nieces and nephews.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
That picture really says the classic culture of the street. Congrats, That is a real royal one.
• Rochester, New York
Thank you. I love the old style of the street and shoppes in the photo.
@shshiju (9323)
• Cochin, India
@LisaSteinmetz Yes very good and Neat and clean also
• Portland, Connecticut
I can certainly understand your fascination with England, I share it. I would probably rent an apartment in the Cotswolds somewhere or in the Wisbeach which is close to where my grandmother was born. But I would only live their part-time. I love where I live in Connecticut and in Florida in the winter. As much as I love England I would miss my family too much to live there permanently, but I would visit even more often than I have in the past.
• Rochester, New York
I'm sure I wouldn't live there year round because my family wouldn't come with me, but it would be a great place to spend holidays and summers.
• Portland, Connecticut
@LisaSteinmetz I considered buying an apartment in Wisbeach, I loved it but hubs wasn't convinced. That was before we bought our house in Florida. I was just in Rochester this past September and loved it by the way.
I was born in Italy, but I have lived 30 years in the south of France, it is a place I have loved and now I live the old quiet Switzerland for our retirement days.
• Rochester, New York
Switzerland is on my bucket list of places to go. It's beautiful there.
@LisaSteinmetz This is a place I love a lot, clean, green, safe, peaceful.
I would remain with LA as my home base and just do extensive travel.
• Rochester, New York
What kind of places would you go to?
@LisaSteinmetz Everywhere!
I would buy a place near where I am now and, have a giant mansion built.
• Rochester, New York
A mansion built for your whole family to live in?
@ridingbet (38080)
i sometimes get those text messages that i won a million pesos. it is a scam. if i place my bets, i wish to sin even just 2 million pesos so i can be operated on.
• Rochester, New York
I don't get those. I usually buy the physical lotto tickets from time to time. Only when the jackpot is high. lol
@ridingbet (38080)
@LisaSteinmetz oh, sorry, i misspelled the word. that SIN should be WIN. typo error. sometimes i want to step in a lottery office and place my bets, but i get discouraged easily especially if the prize is more than P10million pesos.
I'm English and wouldn't want to live anywhere else, though London I avoid. I don't like big cities.
• Rochester, New York
I would want to live in the country as well. I live in the city now and hate it. Too much noise and not enough peace and quiet.
@valmnz (13198)
• New Zealand
I quite like living in New Zealand, though I'd probably move closer to one of the beaches up north. I'd love to visit Cornwall though, as that is where my paternal ancestors come from.
• Rochester, New York
I would come and take a Lord of the Rings and Hobbiton tour. lol Cornwall is beautiful.
They do have a fascinating history. Their country is beautiful. I'm not surprised you would like Cornwall at the beach. I'm also fascinated by the royal family.
• Rochester, New York
I have been fascinated by the Royals since Diana's marriage, but in love with England since I was a teenager.
You are aware that the majority of places in England don't look like the photo, and if they do, they tend to be excessively expensive?? Also, a Cornish beach in the middle of summer would be my idea of hell! Do you think you'd get bored with having to break for tea and cucumber sandwiches every day at four {It's the law}? I'd stay in England, but travel the world. England is my home and I'm not keen on living anywhere else.
• Rochester, New York
I do know that all of England doesn't look like the photo. I love the style is what I had said. One of the ladies from my work used to live there, she and her husband are from Yorkshire. I think one person't hell would be another's heaven. I drink tea daily, never had cucumber sandwiches, but there's always a first time. :)
• Riga, Latvia
Well then we would exchange places so to say. I am now looking to return to the states from Latvia. If I won a great deal of money I would not worry about selling my house right away I would abandon everything and head for the states right away while you would head for Europe. I do agree thought that there are many interesting places in England and London is an amazing city. I have never been though.
• Rochester, New York
I would visit London, but would look for a quiet village to live in. The town I live in now is loud and there is very rarely any peace and quiet here.
I would lose my mind like I did before so I would give it away.
• Rochester, New York
I would make a lot of donations, but would save up a good portion of it and live off the rest.
If I had that kind of money I would have the holidays in different locals. In England one year, San Francisco another, Atlanta another, etc. Make plans ahead for a fancy time at a bed and breakfast or something.
• Rochester, New York
Before heading to England I would open up my Christmas Hotel in the mountains and hire someone to run it.
@LisaSteinmetz ......That would be cool.
Out of this world.
• Rochester, New York
Going to build a space ship?
@LisaSteinmetz Something like this.
For me,I don't like living in city,I like country life, field,village,woods,and the like.
• Rochester, New York
The quiet life is the way to live.