Gift: Do you give mobile as a gift to your kids, girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband?

newscaster.in (google)
Germany
Hello mylotters Family Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening! Today is FRIDAY! Yipeee!!! and I woke up in a good mood to ask something about gift giving items I`m sure there are countries who have Black Friday deals or some Holidays promos or discounts! but my mind is not all about those prices just something I`m thinking of During my childhood days Mobiles was not too popular even the use of text messaging, Where I remember was for those who can`t hear and speak but of course technology is fast improving and can`t stop from their innovative approaches. Now, I`m thinking do you also buy mobiles as a gift for your... Kids? Do they need it? You think it`ll be helpful? Girlfriend/Boyfriend? Is it for communication purposes? Wife/Husband? For emergency purposes? What do you think? Am I making any sense here? What is your purpose of having them Anyways, just asking because I can`t afford to give a mobile as a gift but maybe some can? Have a great day and Happy mylotting Everyone! Photo from: newscaster.in (google)
• Peoria, Arizona
It is a pretty nice gift, I have never done it, because I could never afford to do that. But if they need a new phone or just need a phone in general, it would be cool to do.
Oh same with me I canĀ“t afford to give Thank you for sharing and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@LoriAMoore (10003)
People are so picky about which brands and features that they want on their technology, that I usually don't buy these types of gifts.
I agree but what types of gifts you usually give?
No, I wouldn't give a mobile as a gift. That would require either contracts or not, but it would need to be put in the person's name, and I have no intention of paying someone else's monthly phone bill.
Oh so true but what do you usually give as a gift to your family?
@m_audrey6788 It depends on what they like. My younger son told me what he would like, so I know what to get him. I don't know about the other two yet.
@just4him Oh That`s nice Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts, experiences and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@gibocam (347)
I always do that. Giving phones as gifts. I honestly don't have real purpose why I gave them. I just want them to be happy. That's all! I'm planning to give phones this new year too as gifts! I'll just look for cheap phones so that I have lot to give.
Oh how generous you are! Can I have some too? (Joking ) I`m sure those people whom you might be giving these items as a gift are so lucky Thank you for sharing and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@gibocam (347)
@m_audrey6788 Yes I am. Have you read about my other post in borrowing shirt? Thank you! You too!
@gibocam You forgot? I visited that one discussions of yours and did interactions with you there
@peachpurple (10709)
I don't have enough money to give anyone as a gift but my hubby bought @ Samsung just for me as a gift
Oh so sweet of your husband Thank you for sharing and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
Good morning my friend and, I don't have kids, but yes I would buy them one, but of course teach and, explain the dos and, don't s.
You`re a good uncle my friend to your nephews and niece Thank you for sharing your good thoughts about it and wish you a great day and Happy mylotting!
@Madshadi (4803)
• Brussels, Belgium
I bought an iPhone 7 plus for my wife. I think those make perfect gifts
Gosh! So sweet Yes I strongly agree Thank you for sharing and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
Yes I did once. When iPhones first came out, I got one for my husband as a Christmas present. He loved it.
Oh wow! Your husband is sure a lucky one to receive such a nice gift Thank you for sharing and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
Nope I do not.They are not kids any more.Adult.If they were.No will not buy them a cell phone.
Yes me too but may I know what kind of gifts do you usually buy for your family?
@m_audrey6788 I do not buy gifts any more.I give them money.They really do not need anything.Believe me
@amadeo Well I can`t deny it but yes I believe you Thank you for sharing your wonderful views, thoughts and experiences here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@ilocosboy (33257)
My third child is asking me his cellphone because he said he's the only one in their classroom that got mobile phone, he was 13 years old. I said I'll think of it. His elder sister is also asking her cellphone because her mobile phone was damaged, I said I'll think of it.
Oh so true! Nowadays most kids are having their mobiles and I`m thinking if that will not be affecting their studies? I can`t think of the importance of letting kids having it but what kind of gifts do you usually give your kids and wife?
@ilocosboy (33257)
surely the mobile gadgets will have some effect on their studies. the small kids are toys for them
@ilocosboy Thanks for sharing and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
Its black friday here.. but dont buy phones and such for anyone but myself. I had a prepaid one when i was about 12 though. And wouldnt dare give a child of mine one til around then either. But my bf did buy me a phone once. Because my niece broke the one i had at the time.
Oh That`s sweet but what do you usually buy for a gift to your family?
@m_audrey6788 clothes, giftcards, colognes, lotions, makeup, toys for kids
@Courtlynn Wow! Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and experiences here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@bluesa (12837)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Everyone I know has a cellphone they are quite happy with, and each thinks their phone is better. So I wouldn't buy a cellphone as a gift for someone, but it could be a great gift if a person has children and wants to be able to check if they are safe and to keep in contact.
Oh you have a point there but what do you usually give as a gift for your family?
@bluesa (12837)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@m_audrey6788 , jewellery, beauty products, clothing, books, fancy biscuits or chocolates, it depends. What gifts do you usually give?
@bluesa Well, I usually give chocolates and some clothes to my mother, to my siblings clothes, to my niece and nephews some clothes and toys but usually things for their schoolings like bags and shoes
@ourlot (1005)
Everyone I know has a mobile phone. And some get them as part of their telcom contracts, so no need to give mobiles as a gift. It would turn to be a useless gift.
That`s ok! What do you give as gift?
@ourlot (1005)
@m_audrey6788 the best gift is some experience together. Invite him/her for dinner, lunch or any other activity.
@ourlot Oh yes! I agree on that Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and experiences here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
Oh that would be a nice present and the person you'll give it to will surely be ecstatic, who wouldn't be anyway? I'd love to be able to give one but I can't afford it, its way too pricey for me.
Oh we`re the same Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@m_audrey6788 Thank you! Wish you the same!
@pitsipeahie Thanks
One Christmas we gave our son a mobile phone as a gift.
Oh so nice but do you have any reasons for giving that as a gift?
@m_audrey6788 he really wanted his own phone. It was his first one and he needed it because he traveled a lot with his football team in high school and I could reach him if I needed to.
@Tampa_girl7 Oh That`s a good one Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and experience here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@Srbageldog (5489)
I don't buy these types of gifts, because they are too expensive. Also, the people I know would prefer to pick out their own phones.
Oh so true but what do you usually buy for your love ones?
@m_audrey6788 I buy them things that I think they'll enjoy, like games for my brothers (they are big on playing card games with their friends,) movies for my sister and dad...my mom and my partner are difficult to buy for. I sometimes will buy him things like video games, but I've noticed he doesn't play the ones I get him, so I gave up on wasting money on those, as they are expensive. I'm still trying to figure out what to get him this year. I got my mom a nice jigsaw puzzle this year, which I think she will like.
@Srbageldog Oh so nice I believe that whatever items you give with your love ones is simply appreciated by heart but your thoughts, love and care for them are the most important gift they received every moment of their lives Thank you for sharing your wonderful views, thoughts and experiences here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
No I cannot afford an Iphone for myself, I have a cheap phone and its for emergencies anyways.
Guilty here! I got some very old mobiles too and for emergency puposes but what do you usually give as a gift to your family?
I bought a phone and a free phone came with it, so I gave it to my daughter, but it wasn't a very expensive phone. I could never afford an iphone even for me.
Yes me too but what do you usually give as a gift to your family?
@kepweng (6384)
Im Expecting my suitors will gave me iphone 8
Oh ok That would be great if your suitors will give you that
@tzwrites (3814)
I have bought mobile phones for myself but never as gifts to someone. I give less expensive gifts.
Oh yes it`s really nice to buy something like that for yourself Thank you for sharing your views, thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@tzwrites (3814)
@m_audrey6788 Have a great day too!
@tzwrites Thanks