Stormy Days And Nights!

tree that snapped in our road
@bluesa (12803)
Johannesburg, South Africa
The weather has really been loopy by us lately! @dodo19 mentioned how odd the weather has been by her and here we've gone from skin melting hot to snow on the mountains that are quite a distance from us, now, even though the mountains are not near, there is an icy wind that blows, icy. And it is supposed to be Summer here! The last two nights, the heat returned with bad thunderstorms and the wind has been like a freight train! It has had such a velocity to it. And when I went down to our main gate to go to the store, there lay the one tree, a bit in the road, its one half had snapped from all that constantly howling wind! I took some photos of it to share.  And there is a chill to the wind. I have heard there are some crazy temperature swings in other parts of the world too. Let us hope we all have decent weather this weekend! Temps that are meant to be for the season we're in. Do  you think the temperature that is supposed to fit the season will ever be possible again? Photos are mine
@tzwrites (3813)
Yep, the crazy weather is all over the world.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It really is amazing how temps are swinging.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
Oh my! Good thing no accidents happened there
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, thank goodness all were safe.
@peachpurple (10998)
Oh dear it wrecked the tree into half!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Yes, just snapped for such a thick tree.
@moffittjc (35687)
• Gainesville, Florida
It's been raining for the past two days here in Florida, as a cold front moves through bringing with it a tropical low pressure system that was sitting out in the Gulf of Mexico. No chance of developing into a tropical storm or hurricane, but it did dump quite a bit of rain on us. And I noticed this morning that as I was driving to go shopping for Black Friday deals, there were a couple of large trees that had fallen across several roadways. They must have been weakened during Hurricane Irma, and finally gave way from all the rain the past two days. Luckily, the cold front will push through all the way today, and that means the skies will clear up just in time for the weekend, and we will have sunny, cold days for the next week or so!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Here we have pouring rain today. It is quite lovely. Enjoy the clear skies.
@moffittjc (35687)
• Gainesville, Florida
@bluesa I'm just thankful for the cooler weather!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@moffittjc , after hot and muggy days and nights, fall or even the beginning of winter is bliss. I am glad you're enjoying the cooler weather .
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
In the UK we're quite used to widely, and rapidly, varying temperatures no matter what season it claims to be. Where I live we have just recently had days where it has just about hovered above freezing and then the following day it's been hitting 13C to 14C. I don't think this is just a recent phenomena either. Maybe the result of climate change will be that everywhere gets the UK climate of grey, miserable nothingness with occasional forays into below freezing and above 20C.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I don't want the UK climate, Dazza! Bite your tongue! Sorry your weather is so crummy @WorDazza ! Tonight is quite chilly here but at least not below freezing. Try to wrap up warm! No chills for you and take vitamin C!
@WorDazza (8649)
• Manchester, England
@bluesa There is a theory that so many inventions have come from the UK because the weather is so bad people had nothing better to do.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@WorDazza , hmmm, well, I suppose there really is only two things people can do in crummy weather and inventing is one of them!
The weather is so strange this year. We had a pretty mild Autumn until now, but the next week we expect freezing temperature and snow.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Oh no, Anna, sorry the snow is going to start, I hope it won't be too heavy.
@bluesa Today is pouring, the temperature is dropping, I hope not to see plenty of snow.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@LadyDuck I hope the snow will stay away a bit longer for you too.
@YrNemo (8553)
We have similar weather here, Antartica winds for a few days, then blistering hot the next few days. You should see my roses here, they dry out on the bushes because of the extreme heat. I will leave them be for a while yet since those dry flowers do look funny!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Sorry your roses are battling these terrible swings in temps too.
@YrNemo (8553)
@bluesa I do feel a bit embarrassed, not being able to deadhead them right at once but I am too busy with the kitten to do anything for a while yet (wish I could train that cat to do the job for me, wouldn't it be nice?).
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@YrNemo that would be wonderful and a great time saver!
Sorry about your weather - poor tree. We are in Spain and it's lovely here (gloating just a little)
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
that is okay, Janet, gloat away and enjoy the lovely weather!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@dgobucks226 (6718)
Wow, that is an impressive photo of the split tree. Luckily it fell in the other direction.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thanks, luckily it did fall into the road and there were no cars around, so no damage done.
@bluesa Good thing! That was a pretty good piece of branch that fell. Crisis averted....
@ridingbet (37922)
due to climate change, we are experiencing all these weather disturbances. i hope this is not a case of geostorm as what was presented in the movie. the weather is as erratic as somebody who is out of his mind.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That's true, Ingrid, it is very unstable.
@ridingbet (37922)
@bluesa that is why we have to plant more trees so the flood waters will be absorbed by the roots of the trees
@ilocosboy (33280)
Weather has been extreme these days, extreme cold in the other side and extreme hot in the other side.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
And there is warmth when there should be cool and cool when there should be warmth.
@ilocosboy (33280)
yeah, just like it.
I'm sorry you had such a bad storm. No, I don't think we're ever going to have normal seasonal temps again. We're warm today, and then it goes back to cold tomorrow for the next week.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you. True, enjoy the warmth before the cold hits though. And have a good weekend.
@bluesa It was a one day thing, the next few days are back in the 30's and 40's where they belong at this time of year.
@dodo19 (28098)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Wow, you must have been getting quite the storms. Hopefully there’s not too much more damage other than the tree.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Luckily the tree was outside the main gate and there were no cars on the road.
@dodo19 (28098)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That’s good to know. Not too much damage. @bluesa
@Deepizzaguy (7605)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
The colder weather in the Lake Charles area is supposed next week around Wednesday.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Good luck with your weather. Here it is very cool for the season.
• Derby, England
We have had windy weather too but no trees down thakfully
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@catsholiday, Hi :) . Good all trees have held by you. Our weather has been extra moody.
It can be 60 here one day and below freezing the next. It's crazy but where I live it has always been like this. I would love to live somewhere it was about 80 F year round.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
8 degrees Celsius at night is very odd for us for summer, but then again we had a too mild winter. I agree 26C or 27C would be ideal.
Yikes!!! Lucky that tree didn't hit the building! It will be cold tomorrow and then warmer during the week. We still have leaves on our trees. They should have been long gone by now. Crazy indeed!
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
That is odd that the trees by you still have leaves. Thank goodness it didn't hit the wall of our maingate. The seasons are confused.
@cahaya1983 (9595)
We're currently experiencing quite unpredictable weather here too. The change is pretty drastic, some days are clear and sunny and then the next day it would be heavy rain with thunderstorms.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Exactly. Yesterday by the afternoon it was boiling hot. Today it is pouring rain and there is a chill in the air.
hope all of you have decent weather this weekend.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you and I hope your weather will be pleasant too.
Hard to say my friend, here it's just a lot of rain.
@bluesa (12803)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
We're also sitting with rain pouring today.