Avoiding Black Friday shopping in stores

Today is Black Friday in the US. It's probably a mad house in stores with people trying to get things at bargain prices, things they may not even need. I am not going to subject myself to that. I am not desperate for anything at the moment. Plus, I don't want to get trampled on and such in the process. Unless that only happens in the wee hours of the morning. Besides, to save a huge amount of money the best thing to do is to buy nothing. And that is what I am going to do. At least when it comes to actual stores. I may look for something online. Safer, more convenient and time saving. I wonder if stores have the same deals online as they do in stores. I also wonder how many stories we will hear in the news of people getting injured or even killed at actual stores today trying to get something at very low prices.
Driving home last night, we passed by a shopping center that was already filled with cars in their parking lot - probably for some pre-Black Friday shopping. We don't want to be any part of that - people can go nuts during this shopping craze - I don't need anything that badly either.
@much2say Me either, I don't understand these people who line up early to get a material item.
Some people actually camp out overnight by the store so they are the first in line when it opens on Black Friday.
@Susan2015 I do admit I love to shop, but I have no desire to line up early for anything!
@Rikamaru (73)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Black Friday is almost one of the main reasons why I stay home on the day after Thanksgiving lol it can be a challenge just to travel throughout town!
Good decision on your part. Safer and less stressful.
I am not a Black Friday person at all.
Me neither. There are people who don't go to actual stores but spend hours online shopping. I don't do that either.
My friend is getting her tablet at the store price so maybe.
@zarlamain (23947)
I am the same way. I'm just going to do some online shopping instead.
Good idea. What are you planning to buy?
@zarlamain (23947)
@lovebuglena I haven't decided yet. I'm just going to search for good deals first.
I agree with you, I cant stand shopping in crowds!
I like it when I have room to move around. I hate overcrowding in stores.
We don't go shopping on this day, people are crazy. There is nothing materialistic that I would stand in line for either, no matter if it was for me or someone else. All I did was my usual errands today, the pharmacy, mailing a letter and a quick stop at the grocery store. I bought a few things, and one was a stocking stuffer gift. But that was it. No major stores like Walmart on this day! I don't even like going in there period now.
I don't have Walmart in my borough so never shop there. There are people who really need something (say like a TV) and can't afford it, so will go for Black Friday deals for that. That's understandable. But still crazy to go through all the stress and possible injury.
So far, the news on TV is how quiet Black Friday has been at stores.
Really? I am surprised.
I'm with you on this issue. I think it is just ridiculous that people go to these lengths just to save a few dollars. As you say, they'd save a lot more staying home.
@Scrapper88 (1216)
The main reason I don't do Black Friday is the crowds.
I have never done Black Friday shopping. Too hectic for me, and people drive erratically on Black Friday.