Over Two Hundred Murdered in Egypt

I just read about the terrorist attack at a Mosque in Egypt, and I'm heartsick. Hundreds of people are dead. The same thing happened in Texas a few weeks ago in a church. Both times, people were gunned down while worshiping. I often ask myself over and over again, "why, why are people so filled with hate and violence?" Every time innocent people get killed by the evil of some men's souls, I wonder if the human race can survive our own destructiveness. My prayers are with the families of those killed.
It is the nature of the beast we call "humans." From the beginning of time, humans have always killed to get what others have and killed those who do not believe as they do.
It make me feel hopeless, sometimes, but then I think of all the really good people in the world and I feel hope.
@LoriAMoore (9987)
I just heard the news and wrote about it too before I saw your post. Horrible news!
I saw yours after I wrote mine. @Kandae11 wrote in a comment, that they tried to kill all the ambulance drivers also. It's just sickening.
@Madshadi (4684)
• Brussels, Belgium
I just read about it minutes ago. This is heartbreaking.
I agree, it is heartbreaking. I keep hoping humans will leave their evil behind and move forward, but I know it won't ever happen.
@Madshadi It happened in Texas twice. Once near where I live, about twenty years ago, and one last month. That man killed many but he was only one man and it was a small church. It is terrifying, because it's going to happen again and again.
@Madshadi (4684)
• Brussels, Belgium
@misunderstood_zombie i heard about the Texas massacre. I hope it never happens again. Something must be done to stop that madness
I just heard about this too. Prayers going out to those families.
I've been praying for the families also. I can't imagine what they are going through.
@coltbiz (65)
I heard about the one in Texas, but not Egypt. I don't understand people, just because they choose not to believe in the One True God, they don't want anyone else to believe either. Satan sure is busy. But remember he may have his time now, but according to the Bible, Jesus has already won. All this evil will be avenged by God, in His timing. I will be praying also...
This is so, so sad. We have a niece who lives in Luxor and we worry about her and her family.
I can understand that you would worry--I would worry also. I pray she stays safe, always.
Saw this in the news earlier and I can't believe the level of hate that we have now.
That same group has also killed Christians. They care for no one.
I've noticed that these guys always pick a location in which they aren't likely to have someone that might shoot back.
They are cowards, and cowards always pick on the helpless.
@ddnj2006 (589)
It's awful! What do they need? Money? Power? Blood? If you've seen one is assasinated and you start to feel unsecure, what more of a hundred? And inside the church? God be with them and those families left behind..
I don't think humans will ever overcome violence in this wold.
@nomus24g (16450)
that's sickening
I agree and so so sad.
@kiran8 (15220)
• Mangalore, India
It has to do with people's perception of religion. While for some their faith and belief gives inner strength and peace , for some it is a tool to manipulate and gain power. It is unfortunate that the number of such misguided people is steadily increasing.
I guess it's easier to find more people who believe in the same evil on the internet.
@kiran8 (15220)
• Mangalore, India
@misunderstood_zombie What a shame that something that unites the world should also be dividing it like never before ..
@mohit459 (2869)
• Haldwani, India
They RIP!..